www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Recent Purchases III
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7801
Page 4 of 84

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

That style of rap music exhausted itself a long time ago. I'm seriously surprised people still give a shit. I suspect that most of the fans now are from the younger generation or something because I fail to see how fans from the Violent By Design days would still want to hear that kind of thing now, especially since most of their fans from that era would now be between the age of 30-40. They picked up a lot of young fans in 2006 with that Servants album, so maybe if you were in your teens then you might still dig JMT, who knows.


I loved JMT back in the early to mid 00's, but after 2006/2007 that rhyming style lost all its appeal to me.

Author:  Annihislater [ Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

I liked The Psycho Social blah blah blah, but never really took it any further than that. Never really got into Army of the Pharoahs either. I did quite like Outerspace though and still listen to them occasionally.

Author:  Solaris [ Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Image

Author:  Necrolee [ Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Some loose leaf early grey flavoured with dried cherries. It's gert lush.

Author:  RaspaWas [ Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Finally sorted our Wills out. been meaning to do for ages, but finally did them this week. £384 too, bloody solicitors.

COOL STORYZ BRAH CHANGIN MY LOIFE.

Author:  andrew [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

i need to sort a will out with two ex wife's it could get messy ,especially when it comes to my pension .

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Annihislater wrote:
I did quite like Outerspace though and still listen to them occasionally.


Do you also prefer lite beer to full strength? Because Outerspace are like a watered down JMT to my ears, especially on their first three albums.

They are decent, but they aren't touching JMT in their prime, especially not Violent By Design.

Author:  Annihislater [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

No, I prefer generally dark and 6-9% :P

I think it might just be Vinnie Paz's gruffly shouted delivery of everything that puts me off with JMT. I feel like I prefer the timbre and flow of Planetary and Crypt. I will certainly concede that they got worse with every subsequent album, but there's a lot of good stuff on JMT presents Outerspace, and Blood And Ashes. Especially Angels of Death with the Alan Parsons Project sample, and Immortal Technique at his ludicrous conspiracy theory driven best.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

They were pretty good up to around Blood Brothers in 2006. I lost interest after that.

Author:  Solaris [ Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Image

Author:  Spiny Norman [ Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Behemoth t-shirt (a surprisingly great looking pikey shirt from outside the gig for only a fiver)
Behemoth - And the Forests Dream Eternally
Behemoth - Xiadz/Blow your Trumpets Gabriel (limited edition CD digipack)

Author:  RTC [ Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Mayhem De mysteriis Dom Sathanas
The Sisters of Mercy Logo shirt
Aborted shirt

Tons of Star wars figurines.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Image

Author:  MarmiteDanish [ Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Stat_Rad wrote:
That style of rap music exhausted itself a long time ago. I'm seriously surprised people still give a shit. I suspect that most of the fans now are from the younger generation or something because I fail to see how fans from the Violent By Design days would still want to hear that kind of thing now, especially since most of their fans from that era would now be between the age of 30-40. They picked up a lot of young fans in 2006 with that Servants album, so maybe if you were in your teens then you might still dig JMT, who knows.


I loved JMT back in the early to mid 00's, but after 2006/2007 that rhyming style lost all its appeal to me.



I've got a house mate whose massively into JMT. I've never really been able to connect with it in the way he has. I like a few songs ("Uncommon Valor" with RA the Rugged Man is especially brilliant) but they've never really interested me enough to bother to check out more. The same with AOTP; I think individually the MCs are superbly talented, Celph Titled and Apathy especially, but yeah their music has never really reached out and ruptured my gonads, which I think is the kind of impact they're going for.

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Primitive man : scorn CD

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

MarmiteDanish wrote:
I've got a house mate whose massively into JMT. I've never really been able to connect with it in the way he has. I like a few songs ("Uncommon Valor" with RA the Rugged Man is especially brilliant) but they've never really interested me enough to bother to check out more. The same with AOTP; I think individually the MCs are superbly talented, Celph Titled and Apathy especially, but yeah their music has never really reached out and ruptured my gonads, which I think is the kind of impact they're going for.


My big JMT phase was between 2003-2006 or so. I picked up almost every related release until around 2007--although I drew the line at Doap Nixon--then i just lost interest.

I actually think AOTP work quite well together as a collective, but they have only released one album really worth bothering with.

THe problem is that when they finally decided to release an album in 2006, some of the best members were no longer involved with the group, so it was already too late by that point.

Author:  Solaris [ Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

While I was christmas shopping, picked up a few things for myself.

Books:
Peter F. Hamilton: Misspent Youth & The Naked God
Stephen Fry: The Fry Chronicles

DVDs:
Brass Eye (Series & Special)

And in a CEX splurge:
Babel
Blade
Bubba-Ho-Tep (2 disc)
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: God Is In The House
The Commitments
Gone Baby Gone
Pacific Rim
Riddick
V: The Original Miniseries

Anyone got any clue what to get for a 3-month old boy for christmas? His mother's told me not to get clothes as they've got more than enough, and he's too young for toys.

Author:  Blain Cooper [ Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Ireland has CEX?

Author:  Solaris [ Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

It does indeed. Galway does at least, but we're miles ahead of you Aystern yokels anyway.

Recent purchase: new slippers (open backed, memory foam soled), very comfy.

Author:  Myrddin [ Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Recent Purchases III

Clem Fandango wrote:
Ireland has CEX?


Only with little boys.

SMASH.

Page 4 of 84 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/