www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Favourite Action Films
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Favourite Action Films 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Favourite Action Films
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
True lies >>> T2

You shut your whore mouth.

Is Raw Deal any good? I saw it 'back in the day' but I can't remember a damn thing about it, apart from Arnie being a bit leaner than usual, is that right? I think there was a climactic shootout in a scrapyard or something like that?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

WATP wrote:
Rod Steiger's perfomance is something special. When I first seen this when I was about 10 I obviously didn't have a clue who he was, but watching it the other night, you are left thinking what the fuck am I watching here.

YOU BASTARDO!

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot is crap, but Oscar was good.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Is Raw Deal any good? I saw it 'back in the day' but I can't remember a damn thing about it, apart from Arnie being a bit leaner than usual, is that right? I think there was a climactic shootout in a scrapyard or something like that?

It's quite good fun, but quite typical 80s action complete with macho Arnie and sexism. I like it.

He goes undercover to break a gangster type thing, so Arnie acts the bad guy to gain the trust of the boss whilst his bodyguard dislikes him.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:34 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Raw Deal gave me the impression that they started off with the intentions of having Schwarzenegger try proper acting for a change, but when they realised that wasn't going to happen, they changed it into an action movie, as evident by the last twenty minutes of the movie.

EDIT: I don't know if the intention was there, but hearing Schwarzenegger saying "he molested, murdered and mutilated her" in a thick Austrian accent was fucking hilarious!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:02 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
True lies >>> T2

You shut your whore mouth.

True Lies is better though.

Raw Deal is okay...not his best work. It's no Commando.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I've said this before, but True Lies to me is a pretty forgettable film. I was really disappointed with it in 1994, and when I saw it again on video a year or so later it didn't improve.

I remember Tom Arnold being funny, Arnie jumping on the roofs of buildings with a horse, and Jamie Lee's striptease, but it was a huge comedown after T2, The Abyss etc.

In fact, it was the first film by Cameron that didn't really impress me. Even The Abyss, as confusing as it was to me at the age of 12, was still quite an engaging experience.

Cameron hasn't really done shit for me since 1991.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I saw The Abyss after having teeth pulled. It put me off seeing it again.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
I've said this before, but True Lies to me is a pretty forgettable film. I was really disappointed with it in 1994, and when I saw it again on video a year or so later it didn't improve.

I never understood the love for True Lies or Last Action Hero, not that they are bad, but they don't compare with his 80's work. Even though I enjoyed The Last Stand to an extent, I don't think Arnie has done anything really worthy of praise since T2 or Total Recall.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Last Action Hero was hated at the time but its reputation improved. Funnily enough, I really enjoyed it in 1993 but thought it was pretty lame when I rewatched ten or so years later.

I agree with you about Arnie's output after the early 90's Wretch. At least Stallone had Copland! What did Arnie have after the mid 90's? Jingle All The Way? End Of Days? Eraser? They were either forgettable or bad or both. End Of Days had a decent concept I suppose, but the movie wasn't particularly good. It was a shame really given that it seemed like the right time for it, and it certainly played on the fears of the new millennium well, but it just didn't come together.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Last Action Hero is hilarious you silly people!

End of Days isn't too bad. Arnie vs The Devil was always going to be a brilliant concept.

turdy wrote:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:
Raw Deal gave me the impression that they started off with the intentions of having Schwarzenegger try proper acting for a change, but when they realised that wasn't going to happen, they changed it into an action movie, as evident by the last twenty minutes of the movie.

EDIT: I don't know if the intention was there, but hearing Schwarzenegger saying "he molested, murdered and mutilated her" in a thick Austrian accent was fucking hilarious!

Hahaha I thought I was the only one that loved that line. His pronunciation of "Blair at the academy" is fuckin brilliant as well. Not as good as "he myulested, myurdured and mutilated hyur" though, that's the highlight of the film.

Was never a big fan of Last Action Hero, but True Lies has some great bits of nonsense in it.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

True Lies had Art Malik who is consistently good. It was an ok film, better than Last Action Hero which was fucking shit. What the hell was Charles Dance thinking?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

WATP wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:

Hahaha I thought I was the only one that loved that line. His pronunciation of "Blair at the academy" is fuckin brilliant as well. Not as good as "he myulested, myurdured and mutilated hyur" though, that's the highlight of the film.

Was never a big fan of Last Action Hero, but True Lies has some great bits of nonsense in it.

It doesn't live up to the hype:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:02 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Cromwell wrote:
Last Action Hero is hilarious you silly people!

Charles Dance massively hamming it up as the baddie is no bad thing in my book.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:27 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

No, Last Action Hero is definitley terrible. In every way, as are End Of Days, Eraser, Collateral Damage etc. The Last Stand was alright but the only decent thing he's done for a long time is Escape Plan.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Cromwell wrote:
End of Days isn't too bad. Arnie vs The Devil was always going to be a brilliant concept.

well that's the thing, it was played rather seriously, so it ended being kind of laughable in the end.

It was better than 6th Day or Collateral Damage.

I don't remember Eraser being terrible. It was an amiable time killer, but it was also completely forgettable. I think part of the reason fans were excited about it at the time was because it followed Junior and they were just happy to see Arnie in an action film again.

Outside of that context though, the film is really nothing special at all.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:45 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I remember thinking Eraser wasn't as good as his previous efforts. CGI crocodiles were shit.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:04 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
It was better than 6th Day or Collateral Damage.

Both of which I recently bought...

turdy wrote:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Aye they're C Grade Arnie

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:

The bastard...

Last Action Hero is too long, comedy films really need to stick to 90min. Charles Dance is great though... TLAH suffers from the same problem as T2 - Arnie + Camp Man in a Chainmail Vest > Arnie + Kid.
It was a clever idea for a film and with some editing it could have been a lot more punchy.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next