www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - General elections 2015
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 General elections 2015 

who gets your vote?
Conservatives 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Labour 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
UKIP 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Greens 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Liberal Democrats 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Scottish national party 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Plaid Cymru 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

General elections 2015 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: General elections 2015
Politics in this country is riddled with corruption due to the way the parties are funded. A look at today's revelations point to just how corrupt things are. ,ow if you think people who want to rip this country off for as much as they can should be able to buy favour within the doors of power, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:17 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Taking donations isn't exactly buying though is it.

If people wish to donate money to a party they are free to do so and should be free to do so.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:04 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

There is a certain amount of truth in what you say but as you know there are donations and then there are donations. Not many people/organisations will give away large sums of money without asking for a favour, and it would be nieve to think differently.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:24 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

What? So we should all subsidise parties we didn't even vote for? There's nothing remotely democratic about that.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 pm

I completely agree stuffstuff.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stuffstuff wrote:
What? So we should all subsidise parties we didn't even vote for? There's nothing remotely democratic about that.

Where's the democracy in parties who run the country with donations from corporations/rich fucks? These large donations are handed over out of the goodness of peoples hearts and without wanting anything in return?

To subsidise political parties would cost the country less in the long run because everything would have to accounted for and no one could buy favour (like for instance tax loopholes, which my local Lib Dem candidate has no idea how many there actually are, he only knows this government has shut 40). Our system of government needs to change and if you think it doesn't then more fool you.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:44 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Stuffstuff wrote:

Where's the democracy in parties who run the country with donations from corporations/rich fucks? These large donations are handed over out of the goodness of peoples hearts and without wanting anything in return?

Who decides who is too rich to vote? And why the fuck on earth should I or anyone else fund a party I don't agree with or vote for? My money being forcibly pissed up the wall on BNP campaign leaflets disgusts me

Does clamping down on political donations mean barring unions from providing their levies to the Labour party? I don't see how that would help stick it to the man.

oneleggedpunk wrote:

To subsidise political parties would cost the country less in the long run because everything would have to accounted for and no one could buy favour

Every fucker always whinges about "tax loopholes" and all the rest of it and if it really was that easy to close them, they would have been closed long by now. One thing governments are never slow to catch on is tax revenue. If we don't know the nature of what the problem is, then it becomes a little bit more complex than "rich bastards" at the top.

And besides, why on earth should anybody pay any more tax than you're legally allowed to? You and I have propably funded two battle cruisers on beer taxes alone.

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Our system of government needs to change and if you think it doesn't then more fool you.

And your solution to that would preserve it in aspic. If the only funding available for political was coming from the state, then the only parties capable of persevering would be the well-established ones. You'd just artificially prop up the existing political order and prevent any new parties breaking through.

Anyway, the established parties have been in long term decline for decades. Good. If you party falls apart because you can't get anyone to vote for you and your ideas don't pass muster, then good fucking riddance, really.

Where do you put the cap on donations? and why? We already have very tight regulation on donations for all the reasons you've stated

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:52 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Not sure how it works for you guys up there in the UK, but down here political parties already receive substantial public (re: taxpayer) funding, dependent upon receiving greater than 4% of first preference votes.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:18 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

In Oirland too. Donations are limited per individual per year.

You have to have a number of seats in a previous election to be officially funded.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 am

MegaDave wrote:
In Oirland too. Donations are limited per individual per year.

You have to have a number of seats in a previous election to be officially funded.

I imagine the government limit and regulate just about everything in Ireland :)

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

No, far from it.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Just got round to watching Greens leader Natalie Bennett get absolutely trashed on radio. Spurting out nonsense on building state houses at the cost of the taxpayers when she didn't have any figures whatsoever. Blamed it on her cold.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Hallingström wrote:
Just got round to watching Greens leader Natalie Bennett get absolutely trashed on radio. Spurting out nonsense on building state houses at the cost of the taxpayers when she didn't have any figures whatsoever. Blamed it on her cold.

Councils building houses is exactly what we need.Thatcher in her infinite wisdom banned councils from spending the proceeds of (compulsarily) selling council homes on building new ones for rent; hence why the housing market, particularly in London, is dominated by avaricious private landlords.
we all know investing in propertyis one of the most cast-iron guarnatees of revenue, yet councils couldn't do it?
now it is starting again in small measure, but it's mainly the tariff on private estates to provide some social housing, which really isn't meeting the need!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 pm
Profile WWW

Margaret Thatcher introduced right to buy to minimize the state and break down the class division.

She succeeded.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Hallingström wrote:
Margaret Thatcher introduced right to buy to minimize the state and break down the class division.

She succeeded.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk-mo ... 29614.html

report from 1996 about the effect of Thatcher's 'breaking down class division'.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

Equality is a funny word these day's and here's why, if one person is sweating their arse off 8-12 hours a day and another is at home drinking white lightening and tugging one off to redtube, then by the rules of equality the individual who works hard owes something to the individual who doesn't? It's crazy. In a truly Conservative government, the individual gets out what he puts in as opposed to what somebody else puts in. That to me is what's right.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:34 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

That is the fallacy.

In reality they want you to think that hard work leads to due rewards when the people with money and influence have spent a long time creating and maintaining a system to keep the status quo in general.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:05 am

The system is fair when opportunity to advance is there, if this isn't the case then it isn't fair.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

It isn't and never will realistically be.

Greed for resources and power won't disappear.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:17 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stuffstuff wrote:
Who decides who is too rich to vote?

I didn't mention someone being too rich to vote.

Stuffstuff wrote:
And why the fuck on earth should I or anyone else fund a party I don't agree with or vote for?

It's called democracy and people have paid far more than money to give it to us.

Stuffstuff wrote:
money being forcibly pissed up the wall on BNP campaign leaflets disgusts me

Depending on how the system would be set up, would depend on who gets funding. The BNP or any other party has to to be heard whether you like 'em or not.

Stuffstuff wrote:
Does clamping down on political donations mean barring unions from providing their levies to the Labour party? I don't see how that would help stick it to the man.

This one i'm not too sure about as the Labour Party was started by the Unions, so by rights the unions have every right to fund and want policies in their favour. Every working person should want the same sort of thing as working life has been made better by the Unions.

Stuffstuff wrote:
Every fucker always whinges about "tax loopholes" and all the rest of it and if it really was that easy to close them, they would have been closed long by now.

All it takes is political will.

Stuffstuff wrote:
One thing governments are never slow to catch on is tax revenue. If we don't know the nature of what the problem is, then it becomes a little bit more complex than "rich bastards" at the top.

Really, are you sure about that?

There's something like 300 people looking into tax dodgers and more than 10 times that looking into benefit fraud.

Stuffstuff wrote:
You and I have propably funded two battle cruisers on beer taxes alone.

This is probably true.

Stuffstuff wrote:
oneleggedpunk wrote:
Our system of government needs to change and if you think it doesn't then more fool you.

And your solution to that would preserve it in aspic. If the only funding available for political was coming from the state, then the only parties capable of persevering would be the well-established ones. You'd just artificially prop up the existing political order and prevent any new parties breaking through.

Anyway, the established parties have been in long term decline for decades. Good. If you party falls apart because you can't get anyone to vote for you and your ideas don't pass muster, then good fucking riddance, really.

Where do you put the cap on donations? and why? We already have very tight regulation on donations for all the reasons you've stated

This i have no answer for, all i know is there needs to be a change how that comes about is for people with far more of an education than i have.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next