www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Film Thread VI
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next
 Film Thread VI 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: Film Thread VI
Stat_Rad wrote:
Hell or High Water: ordinary film. Nothing special, looks like a telemovie. Some poorly staged robbery scenes too. The acting is good, but nobody really excels. You can really tell that an American didn't make it too. 5/10.

Pfft. Each to their own but to me that's a straight 9/10 film, possibly my favourite cinematic release over the last two years.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
Hell or High Water: ordinary film. Nothing special, looks like a telemovie. Some poorly staged robbery scenes too. The acting is good, but nobody really excels. You can really tell that an American didn't make it too. 5/10.

Pfft. Each to their own but to me that's a straight 9/10 film, possibly my favourite cinematic release over the last two years.

Yeah, whilst I perhaps don't hold it quite as high a regard as that, I still thought it was really good.

But then stat_rad wouldn't be stat_rad if he wasn't such a contrarian, so take it with a pinch of salt ;)

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'm not really a contrarian. I just like different things at times and dislike other things that are well liked.

I just thought it was an ordinary film. Ditto Three Billboards.

Bridges bordered on parody.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Yet to see that.

Watched The Shape Of Water last night. Enjoyed it but it didn't blow me away. Had a very deliberate 'European' slant to it IMO, in such a way that it reminded me more of a Jean-Pierre Jeunet film than a Del Toro one, the ridiculously out of place and annoying (Oscar winning!) score in particular. Some very dodgy CGI in spots but the creature effects and Doug Jones' performance were great, and Hawkins was outstanding. 4/5, maybe 3.5/5.

it reminded me of old Jeunet and Caro too, except without the same talent or artistry. It was pretty fucking bland really.

I'm struggling to give it a 3. It all feels so nice and safe. The historical backdrop was just filler. Added nothing to the story. Pure affectation.

BETTER WATCH OUT: a home invasion film about male entitlement? sound good? nah. 2/5

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Either way, it was much better than The Cloverfield Paradox. Utterly predictable and derivitive. I didn't hate it as much as I'd expected to, probably due to the consistently negative reviews it got, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

i just can't believe a film as juvenile as The Shape of Water won best picture.

The oscars have been a joke for decades, but this to me is a bloody low point.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:32 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

The Hitman's Bodyguard.

Not bad, but not the best movie either. Some decent scenes with Samuel L and Ryan Reynolds.

3 Fists.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Masters of The Universe: more personality than your favourite Marvel film. If this was British y'all would be raving about it like Flash Gordon. This is the US Flash Gordon of the 80s. 5 fucking fists of entertainment. N/A as a film

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
Masters of The Universe: more personality than your favourite Marvel film. If this was British y'all would be raving about it like Flash Gordon. This is the US Flash Gordon of the 80s. 5 fucking fists of entertainment. N/A as a film

It had it's highlights for sure, but the earth setting instead of Eternia, the fact there were barely any recognisable characters in the film, Gwildor being a cunt and the fucking pink Caddy plus the fact the whole thing looked like it was done on a budget of £5 ruined the film for me.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

It was utterly shit in every respect. Fucking hell.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
It was utterly shit in every respect. Fucking hell.

Frank Langella as Skeletor was great though.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Since last listing I've done

My Lucky Stars
Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars
He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword
Ready Player One
Police Story
Isle of Dogs
Unsane
Peter Rabbit
Underexposed: A Women’s Skateboarding Documentary
The Jewel Of The Nile
The Colour Purple
A Room With A View
Mr Vampire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

There's a piece of music at 39:30. I'm convinced I know it, but I cannot for the life of me place it.
It's driving me mad. Can anyone place it?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Ready Player One

It's been getting so so reviews, but I fucking loved it. Made me feel like a kid again - in the same way that Super 8 did.

Yeah the characters are slightly deeper than cardboard thin and it didn't really take any unexpected turns or risks and yada yada yada - but I'll gladly turn a blind eye to all that just this once.

And Ben Mendelsohn phoned it in pretty much.

However - The most "fun" I've had at a film screening in years. Visually it's fucking nuts.

5 fists.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:57 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^A friend of mine claims the film isn't really nostalgic, it just has nostalgic references. His distinction isnt that clear to me, but then I haven't seen the film.

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle: more proof of how lazy contemporary mainstream films are and how lazy audiences are. 2/5

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:27 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Little Shop Of Horrors (1986)

A great film made even better by the full restoration and inclusion of what was supposed to be the original ending. Excellent.

Five Fists.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:44 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It has definitely stood up.

Watching The Last Jedi. not bad. too many plot lines though and an overly fussy visual style

EDIT: done. quite good, not great, much better than Rogue One.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:46 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Paris Chrome wrote:
Ready Player One

It's been getting so so reviews, but I fucking loved it. Made me feel like a kid again - in the same way that Super 8 did.

Yeah the characters are slightly deeper than cardboard thin and it didn't really take any unexpected turns or risks and yada yada yada - but I'll gladly turn a blind eye to all that just this once.

And Ben Mendelsohn phoned it in pretty much.

However - The most "fun" I've had at a film screening in years. Visually it's fucking nuts.

5 fists.

Also just seen it. Also give it all 5.

Also:

Not near as good as the book, but then what is? And they managed to collect some of the ugliest fucking actors you've ever seen! A very good mystery, let down by a limp ending. 4/5

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:

It finally happened.
Stats went stark raving mental.

The best bits of MOTU are Karg's massive '80s hair, and Meg Foster's sexy green eyes.

Not Monica Yet is sexy tbf, Not Tom Paris From Voyager Yet is wooden as shit, Skeletor has a shit plastic face, and Gwildor is cancer on legs.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Langella owns as Skeletor though. One of his best roles and one of his personal favs too.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next