www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 46  Next
 The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread. 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:

Is it me or are some of the twats skipping around.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Opeth are boring.

LOOK AT ME I CAN DO ACOUSTIC AND DEATH METAL IN THE SAME SONG HURP DURP I R GENIUS.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

WAS wrote:
Balcony? Fucking hell, Myr.

The upper level runs for most or all of "round", it feels like a balcony. I am old and enjoy sitting down at bigger gigs if they are relatively sedate bands, like Opeth.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

WOW, OPETH ARE AMAZING!!!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I presume it's seated though?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Haven't you cunts left yet?

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Watching the "mosh pit" at Opeth gig at the Roundhouse a few years ago was an interesting experience, I was on the balcony and had a clear view of lots of teenagers in distress pretending they were having fun as it lurched back and for, the centre of chaos being an old bloke with short man syndrome* going mental and enjoying intimidating hapless youngsters.

* In before Richie says it was me.

I misread this as the mosh pit was in the balcony. That would have been cool.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

WAS wrote:
Opeth are boring. To metal fans who never venture outside the box, they are AMAZING.

Wash your fucking mouth out you heathen!

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

WAS wrote:
Opeth are from after '94.

I fixed this for you, Was.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Opeth are boring.

LOOK AT ME I CAN DO ACOUSTIC AND DEATH METAL IN THE SAME SONG HURP DURP I R GENIUS.

This. I actually love that sort of music, but Opeth do it so fucking badly.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:27 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I admit I hardly ever listen to Opeth these days, but I've still got a soft spot for them. I genuinely believe that a lot of the massive disliking for them in the more "underground" Metal circles is a direct response to how briefly popular and Kerrang! favoured they became rather than the music. It's obviously frustrating to hear people who don't know better wanking on about how progressive and amazing they are, and they're clearly a band who write to an audible formula, but it's a good formula, and when they're on form they can write a decent song.

This is an appropriate thread for this to come up on, because what I feel about Opeth on here is probably how Malibu feels about Arch Enemy or Zyklon. They're a decent band who've written some good songs, and they do what they do well. Maybe they're not reinventing music or pushing forward into some sonic nirvana (I used you phrase, Malibu), but they don't deserve the sheer level of hate and ridicule they get from people who seem to object more to their reputation and fans than their music.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
I admit I hardly ever listen to Opeth these days, but I've still got a soft spot for them. I genuinely believe that a lot of the massive disliking for them in the more "underground" Metal circles is a direct response to how briefly popular and Kerrang! favoured they became rather than the music. It's obviously frustrating to hear people who don't know better wanking on about how progressive and amazing they are, and they're clearly a band who write to an audible formula, but it's a good formula, and when they're on form they can write a decent song.

This is an appropriate thread for this to come up on, because what I feel about Opeth on here is probably how Malibu feels about Arch Enemy or Zyklon. They're a decent band who've written some good songs, and they do what they do well. Maybe they're not reinventing music or pushing forward into some sonic nirvana (I used you phrase, Malibu), but they don't deserve the sheer level of hate and ridicule they get from people who seem to object more to their reputation and fans than their music.

Agreed, although I tried to like them and still didn't. And obviously, their perceived 'mainstream' stature wasn't an issue for me. I even bought the first two albums when they came out, before they were popular. I just found them slightly boring.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I couldn't remember whether you liked them or not, but I wasn't targetting you there. I can see why someone would find them dull, and like I said I listen to them a lot less than I used to, but some of the hatred for them on here is ridiculous, as though the fact that they're not doing anything especially original or groundbreaking makes them different to 90% of what everyone else here listens to. I imagine that's how you feel about Arch Enemy and Mnemic and all that lot.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:38 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
I couldn't remember whether you liked them or not, but I wasn't targetting you there. I can see why someone would find them dull, and like I said I listen to them a lot less than I used to, but some of the hatred for them on here is ridiculous, as though the fact that they're not doing anything especially original or groundbreaking makes them different to 90% of what everyone else here listens to. I imagine that's how you feel about Arch Enemy and Mnemic and all that lot.

Pretty much.

I would guess they are one of those bands that would polarise opinion. A bit like Dream Theater in a way...

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:40 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Opeth bashing gets pretty ridiculous, it's the same mindset as people who say Mastodon are shit. It's nothing but kneejerk anti-hype wankery in almost all cases. If either of those bands were slogging it out playing shows to twenty people a night on a tiny record label, the majority of their detractors would be falling over themselves to proclaim their greatness.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

LIST!!

Best Opeth

1. Blackwater Park
2. Couldn't fucking care less....

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Opeth are brilliant at what they do, no one else has come close. They seem to have tug themselves into a ditch in terms of their sound, I can't see them making anything other than subtle changes now. The Lotus Eater was a stope in the right sort of direction, shame about the rest of the album, which was OK but dull and more of the same.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:47 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Benj wrote:
Mastodon are shit.

Absolutely spot on.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Hmm. This thread is becoming interesting. It's about time we had some sense of proportion over these 'popular' bands...

Did I mention I was listening to Devildriver earlier.

Not that I'm hailing them. But they weren't as shit as I expected them to be...

Just, indifferent really.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Hmm. This thread is becoming interesting. It's about time we had some sense of proportion over these 'popular' bands...

Did I mention I was listening to Devildriver earlier.

Not that I'm hailing them. But they weren't as shit as I expected them to be...

Just, indifferent really.

which in some ways is worse than total shit....

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 46  Next