www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next
 The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread. 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
I've only heard about three Devil Driver songs, but really didn't like them. They sounded lumpen, forced and shitty. That said, I admit that I was massively prejudiced against them by that Hard Of Hearing were Dez revealed that he knows fuck all about Metal (including the bands whose t-shirts he always wearing) and is a big fat poser. If I'd heard them without knowing it was him, I probably would have thought they were an alright gateway band but not something I could be bothered listening to over the alternatives.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:54 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shallowthing wrote:
Benj wrote:
Mastodon are shit.

Absolutely spot on.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
I've only heard about three Devil Driver songs, but really didn't like them. They sounded lumpen, forced and shitty. That said, I admit that I was massively prejudiced against them by that Hard Of Hearing were Dez revealed that he knows fuck all about Metal (including the bands whose t-shirts he always wearing) and is a big fat poser. If I'd heard them without knowing it was him, I probably would have thought they were an alright gateway band but not something I could be bothered listening to over the alternatives.

he's overcompensating for being in that awful nu-metal band in the 90s. Thing is he can never shout loud enough to erase the memory...

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:59 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

I'd honestly love a list of bands that Shallowthing dislikes, I might discover some really good music.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

It would be alright if he meant any of it, but if you regularly wear both Emperor and Darkthrone shirts and wank on about how much you love 2nd wave Norwegian BM, then fail to recognise both I Am The Black Wizards and Kaatharian Life Code (and not just "ooh, it's on the tip of my tongue..." failing to pin down the song-title or album, either, but proper, full-on not recognising them), you should just go away and not come back.

Last edited by Painkiller on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:04 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Yet Dez DD claims there are fans that don't know he was in a band before.

Yes, that's because they're 15, and CC were so shit everyone's forgotten about them.

Edit: Should have quoted comment two above about him shouting out Chamber for that to make sense!

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Last edited by Cromwell on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

DevilDriver were shit live and fucked up their timing not even 20 seconds into their first song. Behemoth and Suicide Silence were the supports and they stole the show.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:07 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I saw Coal Chamber once, supporting Machine Head I think.

It was fucking bad.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I really could write a lot about how "Opeth bashing" is ridiculous...especially if you claim to "love that kind of music". Opeth do what they do with flair and panache and yes! Blackwater is a stunning album, but it's not their only one, they're consistent, unlike a lot of "flash in the pan" bands. It is indeed hard to comprehend how on earth they became so popular, almost in the same way I never understood how Tool became so popular.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
It would be alright if he meant any of it, but if you regularly wear both Emperor and Darkthrone shirts and wank on about how much you love 2nd wave Norwegian BM, then fail to recognise both I Am The Black Wizards and Kaatharian Life Code (and not just "ooh, it's on the tip of my tongue..." failing to pin down the song-title or album, either, but proper, full-on not recognising them), you should just go away and not come back.

Even though I agree that makes him a bit of a tool, it wouldn't bother me overly if his album was a five fister. I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger bell-end than Dave Mustaine, but I still like Megadeth.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I don't like them as much as I did but Opeth are still a class act, it's just they have hit a creative cul de sac hard.

A band that fits into this remit - Trivium.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:22 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Even though I agree that makes him a bit of a tool, it wouldn't bother me overly if his album was a five fister. I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger bell-end than Dave Mustaine, but I still like Megadeth.

Yeah definitely, if you played me some Devil Driver and it was genuinely great, I'd be able to get over him being a knob. As far as I'm aware Dez has never actually killed anyone, and I still listen to Burzum and albums with Faust on, so his personality wouldn't put me off if the music was good. Pretending to be heavily into a band and then failing to recognise one of their most famous songs isn't just being a cock, though, it's being dishonest about your musical influences, and it speaks badly for his band (who he always sold as his "proper" Extreme Metal band). I'm hardly Keeper Of The Kvlt, and "poser" isn't an insult I normally like using, but in his case I think it fits perfectly.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

DCI Gene Hunt wrote:
I don't like them as much as I did but Opeth are still a class act, it's just they have hit a creative cul de sac hard.

A band that fits into this remit - Trivium.

I agree. Trivium don't deserve the hatred they get. Their last album (Shogun) was a really enjoyable metal record. It wasn't breaking any new ground but they have their own sound and you can tell it's Trivium, which goes a long way in the supposed samey sound modern metal scene.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

WAS wrote:
Richie H-R wrote:
on the tip of my tongue..." failing to pin down the song-title or album, either, but proper, full-on not recognising them), you should just go away and not come back.

Stupid, and untrue.

I'm confused by what you mean. It definitely happened that way - or that's how Terrorizer reported it, anyway, and as far as I'm aware they never printed an apology for making him look like a tool unfairly.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I've always said that there's nothing especially wrong with Trivium, but there's nothing especially right with them either. All the "Trivium aren't Metal" nonsense gets my goat. OF COURSE they're Metal - they're not fucking Polka - they're just uninspired, charmless and quite dull Metal. It's easy for people into Metal to hate someone like Trivium for how their inexperienced listeners respond to them, but that's not fair. Hating a band because some overexcited teenagers and lazy journalists call them the Saviours Of Metal is silly, but I just don't understand why anyone who's listened to Metal for over a year and is aware of a decent selection of bands would need to listen to them.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Ah, got you. Yeah, it's both of those things, but cunt that I am it still amuses me to say it.

I'm not even sorry.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:36 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
I've always said that there's nothing especially wrong with Trivium, but there's nothing especially right with them either. All the "Trivium aren't Metal" nonsense gets my goat. OF COURSE they're Metal - they're not fucking Polka - they're just uninspired, charmless and quite dull Metal. It's easy for people into Metal to hate someone like Trivium for how their inexperienced listeners respond to them, but that's not fair. Hating a band because some overexcited teenagers and lazy journalists call them the Saviours Of Metal is silly, but I just don't understand why anyone who's listened to Metal for over a year and is aware of a decent selection of bands would need to listen to them.

Mm. It's probably nostalgia for me, I grew up with the band. (Same age as me as well), and have followed them since they were unsigned until where they are now. I enjoyed their earlier metalcore sound, fell out of love with them when they tried to be a metallica tribute band and quite like their new direction, which is a merging of thrash and their earlier sound. They're certainly heading in the right direction anyway.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've not been here much lately, it's not the same without LC. :(
You ain't gonna see much of me around either, work is kicking in hard. I will be around from time to time and am going to Damnation, all being well.
I will send my CD, don't worry mystery recipient.

Adios.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:02 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
I've always said that there's nothing especially wrong with Trivium, but there's nothing especially right with them either. All the "Trivium aren't Metal" nonsense gets my goat. OF COURSE they're Metal - they're not fucking Polka - they're just uninspired, charmless and quite dull Metal.

This.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Trvium can fuck off and die for creating "The Crusade".

Bunch of cunts.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next