www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - To EU or not to EU?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 To EU or not to EU? 

How will you bite June 23?
Team Dave 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Team Boris 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
I'm moving to the moon. 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 27

To EU or not to EU? 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: To EU or not to EU?
blacklorre wrote:
If I'm in UK, EU but if I'm in Europe, not to EU!

No comment.

Last edited by blacklorre on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:32 pm
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

blacklorre wrote:
blacklorre wrote:
If I'm in UK, EU but if I'm in Europe, not to EU!

Exactly! Its better for Europe because the expats are worried! When I lived in Holland I tried to avoid them (except for the bands of course). My first thought was how it would affect the Costa Del Crimeans! I am England born 'foreigner' from English colonists of SA and Dutch/German/French colonists of SA which makes me only 1/2 chav! Off course my English side think they are 'posh' but theyre just plummy chavs AKA toffs! Anybody who settles in the hole for another reason except money or their country is VERY bad I can never understand.

Is blacklorre having a conversation with himself?

I have no dog in this fight - but my portfolio is down 30% since Brexit. :cry:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:42 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Wow. I have never seen hatred for the great unwashed coming from elite classes like there is now ever before. Absolutely unprecedented in my memory.

There are open calls for unfavourable sectors of society to have their votes taken away. There is now a constant message from the liberals about the leave voters which goes waaay beyond insult. It's outright dehumanisation at this stage. And they still have the gall to call the leave-voters bigotted and ignorant? :lol:

They did exactly the same thing in Paddyland for the gay marriage referendum - the same utter contempt for anyone who dared question the approved way of voting. The populace was dutiful on that occasion though and didn't have to endure this kind of extraordinary hatred going on in the UK.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:53 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

FeedMeVibration wrote:
keelhauling

This would solve a great many problems, not just this one.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Hang on... what?

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:41 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Oh fuck that, TBH. I didn't think that kind of thing would still happen but... I suppose it would, wouldn't it? Sounds horrifying.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Thus far, the class war that has come fully out is a pretty bad short term, potentially long term effect there Stuff. What do you imagine the upshot of all that turmoil could be? I have no real crystal ball on this, I'm genuinely asking.

Naturally, John Oliver had a thing or 3 to point out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ikd7A2VuHs

Pro "stay" obviously, but the headlines for me were how misleading the campaigning was, how the EU could very well make an example of the UK and how very little so many citizens really understood as evidenced by the story about the following day's google search.

Also, Trump...

edit: because the video wouldn't embed.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

FeedMeVibration wrote:
Stuffstuff wrote:
Well nobody expected Leave to win and the official Leave teams weren't interested in Leaveing either. Even Johnson hated the idea of Brexit.

Yep. That's the size of it alright. Idiots to a man.

Yep. The official Leave team were little more than opportunist idiots.

But ultimately, Leaving was for the best. Britain was always going to leave anyway. Better to do it now and get the rough stuff over with.

Le Grande Project is a fucking failure. Time to unpick this Berlin Wall brick by brick.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:28 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

robitusson wrote:
Wow. I have never seen hatred for the great unwashed coming from elite classes like there is now ever before. Absolutely unprecedented in my memory.

There are open calls for unfavourable sectors of society to have their votes taken away. There is now a constant message from the liberals about the leave voters which goes waaay beyond insult. It's outright dehumanisation at this stage. And they still have the gall to call the leave-voters bigotted and ignorant? :lol:

They did exactly the same thing in Paddyland for the gay marriage referendum - the same utter contempt for anyone who dared question the approved way of voting. The populace was dutiful on that occasion though and didn't have to endure this kind of extraordinary hatred going on in the UK.

The endless sulking of the Remainiacs has just reinforced my belief that we needed to Leave. Hell, their "Daddy Knows Best" authoritarianism, arrogance and downright disrespect for democracy and popular sovereignty is why Brexit needed to happen in the first place.

Brexit has upset the order of things. Good.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:56 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Stuffstuff wrote:
Yep. The official Leave team were little more than opportunist idiots.

I'm waiting for prominent Leave campaigners to disprove this.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Good old Nicola Sturgeon, prancing around the EU trying to drum up support for her fantastical ideas of remaining in the EU without the rest of the country. Not gonna happen love. Still you can't fault her for trying. At least she is acting in the interests of her countrymen, which is more than can be said for our clueless bunch of fuckwits.
Can't help thinking she's between a rock and a hard place though. And making herself look a bit of a twat at the same time.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:16 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Mali wrote:
Not gonna happen love. Still you can't fault her for trying. At least she is acting in the interests of her countrymen, which is more than can be said for our clueless bunch of fuckwits.

Is she fuck. The EU is a cushy dumping ground for political failures. She doesn't give a fuck about her countrymen, all she gives a fuck about is that she can't get onto the EU gravy train.

How on earth can you be the leader of a party dedicated to Scottish independence when you want to join a political union dedicated to absorbing all the existing nation states of Europe into one supreme country?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:19 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Duckstyle wrote:
Thus far, the class war that has come fully out is a pretty bad short term, potentially long term effect there Stuff. What do you imagine the upshot of all that turmoil could be? I have no real crystal ball on this, I'm genuinely asking.

Naturally, John Oliver had a thing or 3 to point out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ikd7A2VuHs

Pro "stay" obviously, but the headlines for me were how misleading the campaigning was, how the EU could very well make an example of the UK and how very little so many citizens really understood as evidenced by the story about the following day's google search.

John Oliver is full of shit. Being a member of the EU means having your fisheries, agriculture and trade policies set by the EU and seen as the EU is always expanding it's mandate with the chief goal of sidelining national governments, independence certainly is questionable.

It's especially ironic seen as he's cheering on a political order to an audience who would never let their country submit to the same thing at all.

Yes, the Leave campaign was filled with shit. So was the Remain one. Nothing but pure bullshit on both sides. The most common complaint was that no-one was providing any facts at all. Most people simply stopped listening and voted with their gut.

In other words, they voted the way they always would have voted.

As regards long-term consequences, any talk of "punishment terms" is a fantasy. Any fuck up with leaving terms affects them too and they're still not out of the woods yet economically with 25 million unemployed continent wide. Both sides are going to ditch the dickheads and sober up it seems.

Long term, having autonomy over the areas I listed (especially trade) opens up a vast world of opportunity. Plus not having the risk of being corraled into taking the EU common position on trade talks is much better. Being agile in trade is better than being big.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:03 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Stuffstuff wrote:
It's especially ironic seen as he's cheering on a political order to an audience who would never let their country submit to the same thing at all.

Indeed.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:34 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Stuffstuff wrote:
How on earth can you be the leader of a party dedicated to Scottish independence when you want to join a political union dedicated to absorbing all the existing nation states of Europe into one supreme country?

Fair point.
I wish she'd shut the fuck up anyway. No disrespect to the Scots but I can imagine the EU privately laughing at her and her demands to be 'heard'.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Nice to see Boris Johnson has acted like a seagull - make a lot of noise, shit all over everything and then fuck off out of it.

I voted 'Remain' on the basis that leaving the EU would screw the economy - I didn't want our economy to get even more fucked, although that may not actually happen as things look like they may not go as south as people thought. To quote Basil Fawlty - "I didn't vote for it personally, but now I'm determined to make it work"...

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:17 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Triggmartyr wrote:
Nice to see Boris Johnson has acted like a seagull - make a lot of noise, shit all over everything and then fuck off out of it.

I voted 'Remain' on the basis that leaving the EU would screw the economy - I didn't want our economy to get even more fucked, although that may not actually happen as things look like they may not go as south as people thought. To quote Basil Fawlty - "I didn't vote for it personally, but now I'm determined to make it work"...

Our economy was due a recession anyway. Only a matter of time. Might as well get it over with.

FeedMeVibration wrote:
Stuffstuff wrote:
Most people simply stopped listening and voted with their gut.

Nail on head. The unhealthiest course of action possible and that's where it ended up. Dacre and Murdoch, take a bow.

Don't even think they had anything to do with it. Most of the British media and every establishment figure was for Remain. Even the Times (another Murdoch rag) leant for Remain. Lots of people knew exactly how they would vote before the referendum was even announced.

Lots of old timers wanting to correct the mistake of 1975.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:32 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

The Times (a Murdoch rag) leant Remain. As did most of the mainstream media. Including the Mail on Sunday. Including the BBC.

Murdoch isn't the all-important puppetmaster you think he is.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:36 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

FeedMeVibration wrote:
That's what The Sun has always done for him - because it's the paper pushed to the easily-wavered, and in largest number.

Plebs = thick. Murdoch = puppetmaster.

Gotcha.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:26 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Your subtext. Not mine.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next