www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - To EU or not to EU?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 To EU or not to EU? 

How will you bite June 23?
Team Dave 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Team Boris 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
I'm moving to the moon. 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 27

To EU or not to EU? 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: To EU or not to EU?
You're the one who asserted that none of the mainstream media leant towards Remain when the Times, Guardian, Mirror(lefty red top) and the state broadcaster all backed Remain to the hilt.

All of them laughed at the lies coming out of Vote Leave. And the leadership of the six main parties were all staunch in their campaign for Remain. Despite that huge homefield advantage and the car crash that was the official Vote Leave campaign, Remain still lost.

You can't blame this on the media. As a whole, they did their very best to keep us in. And they had the incumbent's advantage. Which tells me that the vast majority of the voters knew where they stood long before the vote was cast and nothing could shift them. A well-run Leave campaign would have resulted in a landslide. So it was fuck all to do with "easily-led" voters. If they were that easily lead, they would have ticked Remqain.

All that tells me is that the citizens of the UK have had enough of Le Grande Project and wish to reach for the parachutes and depart out of the door before EU airlines completes it's flight path into a mountain.

Why you can't grasp this is a mystery.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:29 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

EU referendum is even dividing Tez :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:25 am
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

What has sealed the deal for me is how practically all of the big hitters for Brexit have done a runner now they have it.

Utter chickenshit cunts.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:54 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Michael Gove campaigned to leave and he's going for PM. Liam Fox campaigned for leave and he's going for PM. Andrea Leadsom campaigned for leave and she's going for PM. You must mean BoJo, who's staying on as an MP and will more than likely get a cabinet position or else Farage, who's staying on in the European Parliament.

The one person who really can't face up to their responsibility in all of this and actually should be "doing a runner" is that weasel Corbyn.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:14 am
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

Yeah, I did mean Farage and Johnson, who were by far the biggest figureheads for this movement.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Corbyn

Other than looking like a scruffy cunt most of the time, I'm not sure why people have a problem with this guy.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:46 am
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

Pinko Commie, innit.

Burn them all to cinders, what what?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Triggmartyr wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Corbyn

Other than looking like a scruffy cunt most of the time, I'm not sure why people have a problem with this guy.

He's a dirty fucking Red - which some don't seem to mind apparently - but apart from that what about his associations with Islamic terrorist groups, Irish republican terrorists, the rampant anti-Semitism in his party? And most recently what about his failure to take responsibility for his side's defeat in this referendum?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:23 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Triggmartyr wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Corbyn

The problem with him is that he leans quite strongly to the left and most of his colleagues are centre left Blairites who dislike him and now despise him after learning of his plans of apologizing for Blair's war crimes on behalf of his party once the Chilcot report is publicized. The sad thing is that Jeremy Corbyn is highly popular amongst Labour members but unpopular amongst his own MP's.

I myself am a Conservative, fairly right leaning too. Only I find it easy to speak of politics from a neutral standpoint if need be. I respect Jeremy Corbyn as a man I just don't connect with him politically.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:56 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Corbyn is a terrorist sympathising fud.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:11 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I'm not an admirer of his social policies either

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

I like Jeremy. He's a kindly uncle with a packet of Worthers Originals in his pocket.

But he is no leader. He has played his part of bringing more socially beneficial ideas etc. to the front instead of just soaking the poor, but his tenure of leader has been... limp.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Who would you prefer as leader? Tom Watson or Yvette Cooper?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:21 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

watson, at a push. he showed some balls during the phone hacking scandel enquiries but he reminds me too much of Gordon Brown to not imagine he is a bit of a clunking fist

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:32 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Knuckle dragging Blairite.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:59 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Triggmartyr wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Corbyn

Corbyn is actually a veteran Eurosceptic. Voted against the EEC in 1975 and against Maastricht, some of the fundamental treaties of the EU. He was against Europe before it was cool.

And yet, in this campaign, a man famed for standing up for his values utterly betrays them by taking part in the Remain campaign. For the sake of unifying a party that hates him, no less.

Shame. If he'd gone Brexit, he'd be quids in politically.

And I don't see why Corbyn should be a scapegoat. The Remain campaign overall was terrible. And the Blairites were always going to stick the boot in eventually.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:28 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I don't know what more I could add to that.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:43 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stuffstuff wrote:
And I don't see why Corbyn should be a scapegoat. The Remain campaign overall was terrible. And the Blairites were always going to stick the boot in eventually.

The only thing you have said in this thread that is worth talking about, the rest you have said is nothing but bollocks.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

This is one of those times when PR would have come in useful.

Let the SWP infilitrates of Labour form their own proper party, and see for themselves how people took to it (not too well, I'd imagine). Let the Kippers have a fairer crack at it as well (ditto).

Instead, we've got a situation where "extremist" elements of both left and right have been able to cause far more damage within the already existing system than they would have outside it and made to chance it on their own.

But we won't get PR in our lifetimes, now. Clegg fucked it for the sake of expediency and his sorry-arsed career.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

oneleggedpunk wrote:

The only thing you have said in this thread that is worth talking about, the rest you have said is nothing but bollocks.

Please demonstrate to me how the EU acts as a leash on the Tories please. Seen as they were the ones who got us in without a vote and the worst excesses of Thatcherism happened when we were EEC members. Please.

And yes: your boy wonder you worship is a veteran Eurosceptic. He voted against EEC membership and against Maastricht and happily sold out his beliefs in order to placate people who were going to stick the boot in him anyway. Go research it, it's all true.

A lot of the far-left continent wide have always seen Le Grande Project as a bosses club. And considering it was conceived and run by the same class of people who were ordering working class men into trenches to be slaughtered by the millions, they're not wrong.

And it's weird you been a Corbyn supporter liking the EU so much seen as their rules on state aid would utterly throttle any attempt to renationalise large parts of the economy. And considering what happened to Syriza and the french labour reforms, it's even weirder anyone left of centre loves the EU at all.

That's why I voted Leave. There simply isn't a good reason to stay. And you never gave one at all.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next