www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Car Crash
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Car Crash 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Car Crash
I was in a bad crash last night. Long story short, an old man went through a stop sign and I hit him doing 100km/h (60 mp/h in old money). Ended up in hospital for the night, but me and my partner have both been discharged with a few bumps and bruises. The old man walked away from the crash in a similar state, but his wife had to be cut from the car, and I don't know what state she's in.

Our car is totalled, but in saying that, it did it's job. We were in a high speed crash, and we both walked away alive and unbroken. The most painful thing from the accident was being hit in the face by the airbag. It felt like I was punched in the mouth, and tasted blood for a few hours after. But the airbags, along with the seatbelts saved our lives. I suppose that's the purpose of telling you all this. Those things work, so use them!

There were a couple of funny things. After the car spun from the accident, we went backwards through a farm fence. The car ended up live from an electric fence, and we both got shocks while trying to get out of the wreckage! We had our two little dogs with us, both of whom survived just fine too. One of them also got a shock from the fence, and ran away into the farmer's paddock. :lol: One of the cops on the scene also got a shock too. The windscreen wipers were stuck going, which just seemed weird. We went back to the car today to get our stuff out, and the electrics all still go, despite the front of the car being caved in. The CD player still played, but unfortunately won't eject, so I've probably lost Fang Bang by Wednesday 13. :oops:

Hospital acute admissions on a Friday night is a strange place to be. There was an odd assortment of drunks, asthmatic children (it's winter here), and a lot of strange people doing various silly things to themselves. The old man in the cubicle next to me kept farting. :lol:

Anyway, all is reasonably well. I feel like I've been in an intense moshpit, minus the sweat and deafness. My neck and other muscles are sore, but we are alive, and just like living through a major earthquake, this is one of those once in a lifetime experiences (hopefully only once... :shock: ) which you would never wish go through, but once you have, life seems to feel different. It seems to give a new perspective on things. It's not quite like feeling invincible, because we know we came perilously close to being killed. I don't really know how to describe it. I could have died, but instead I'm still here, and I'm listening to this, for no reason other than I can. 8-)

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:36 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Car Crash
Jesus! :shock: :shock:

Sat May 27, 2017 4:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I'd put the lottery on if I was you, glad you are ok though, Christ.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
I'd put the lottery on if I was you, glad you are ok though, Christ.

Yeah, tried that. Some cunt in the North Island won the $27million on offer last night though. :evil:

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

First off: fuckin' hell!

Second: I'm glad you're both OK. Got to be a tough situation to get your head around.

Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Thanks Sol. It helps put life's petty shit into perspective. I just keep seeing that damn car in front of me, hitting the brakes and then spinning. It's just hard to get out my head.

Sun May 28, 2017 7:11 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Vim Fuego wrote:
Thanks Sol. It helps put life's petty shit into perspective. I just keep seeing that damn car in front of me, hitting the brakes and then spinning. It's just hard to get out my head.

I'd imagine that's to be expected, have you driven since?

Sun May 28, 2017 8:10 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

I'd imagine that's to be expected, have you driven since?

Yep. No fucking choice when you live in the country! ;) I'm not too bad, but the missus is a bit freaked by every intersection we go past. She wore it worse than me, being a bit older, and having a bit of arthritis and osteoporosis.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I feel like I've kind of been desensitised to car crashes. My job is investigating liability for accidents. I speak to hundreds of people a month and regularly see dash cam footage and CCTV. I've been in a couple myself too.

I work for a defendant solicitors, and we do work for clients who are major UK Insurers. To put into perspective just how many crashes there are, I'm pretty sure we've set up approx 40,000 files so far this year already. And we only handle certain files from around 12 insurers.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Glad to hear that you're ok!

Mon May 29, 2017 1:20 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Thanks Stat. I've taken a couple of days off work because I still feel like shit, but I'm getting better.

Mon May 29, 2017 6:45 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Shiiiit.
I'm learning to drive soon. Maybe I'll put it off a bit...

Wed May 31, 2017 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

You mean you don't skate everywhere, Thrashman?

Wed May 31, 2017 12:51 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

:lol:
I tried skateboarding once.
Nearly broke my ankle so I never bothered again.

Wed May 31, 2017 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

I twisted mine at work this morning, coincidentally. I am not enjoying this limp.

Wed May 31, 2017 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]