www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Iron Maiden thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 2664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
 The Iron Maiden thread 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: The Iron Maiden thread
This should be good hopefully. As I went to the Donington show it'll be good to have a [partial] record of a Maiden show I attended.

What I don't get, though, is why they've put out live albums for almost all their album tours apart from the AMOLAD one, where they were playing 1) a very strong set of tunes (I love AMOLAD) and 2) they were at an absolute peak in terms of live performance. I have a bootleg from one of the Stockholm shows in 2006 and it's great, radio broadcast so excellent quality. Weird that they just seemed to ignore that tour when it came to documenting it. It's not like they didn't have the material either - on Flight 666 there is a brief moment when you have Harris and Shirley listening to something in a studio which is very clearly a live version of For The Greater Good Of God. I did hear that they intended to release Download 2007 as a DVD but didn't for some reason.

I'm also pretty sure that they definitely shot a DVD at Download in 2013 (a brilliant show), now that would be awesome, the 7th Son revisit tour was something special, saw three excellent shows on that (O2 and Sonisphere being the others).

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Until they get around to doing stuff off 'Somewhere in Time' that isn't 'Wasted Years' or 'Heaven Can Wait' I really can't be bothered with yet another Maiden live release.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^Shirley confirms what many of us have long suspected: that he was chosen for the role of producer due to being on 'neutral ground'.

He openly admits to not being a fan of the band when he started working with them.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

He's not involved with this live album, interestingly.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134