www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - When is a band in their prime???
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 When is a band in their prime??? 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: When is a band in their prime???
Stat_Rad wrote:
I get the impression that the younger generation of Priest fans don't really care that much for their pre-1980 albums.

Could be wrong though.

Sad Wings, Sin and Stained are all toppin though.

An argument could obviously be made that Painkiller was their prime. I wouldn't object to that, but I would perhaps reply by saying their main prime period was 1976-1984 and that Painkiller was an anomaly in their discography after that period, but it's just as good, if not better, than their previous heights.

I know some Priest fans don't like hearing the young bucks praise the hell out of Painkiller while ignoring Sad wings. It doesn't bother me at all. It's just a taste thing, personal preference etc. I'm happy that Painkiller now has the reputation it has because i felt it was a little underrated during the first half of the 90's

I could see that newer fans wouldn't have any time for pre 1980 Priest. You can show some Metul kid Painkiller and they'll be like 'Cool', but I wouldn't 'expect' them to also like 'Island of Domination'...

Priest are a weird one, in that there 'seemingly' most iconic album doesn't come from their classic period. It's like if 'Bastards' was Motorhead's big one... very peculiar really.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3