www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10232
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:01 am ]
Post subject:  1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Like the other thread, except the other way round- shit songs on an otherwise great album. Example:

Escape - Ride The Lightning by Metallica
Violence and Bloodshed - Fighting The World by Manowar
Girl's Got Rhythm - Highway To Hell by AC/DC

Author:  doomrider [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Escape is not a 1-2 fist song. I'd say it's a 3 at worst.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

doomrider wrote:
Escape is not a 1-2 fist song. I'd say it's a 3 at worst.


I skip it when I listen to the album.

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Girl's Got Rhythm is a 5, you silly goose!

Anyhow:

Dawn Patrol (2) - Rust In Peace (5).
The Lonliness Of The Long Distance Runner (1) - Somewhere In Time (5)
Black Arrows (2) - Hail To England (4)

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Triggmartyr wrote:
Girl's Got Rhythm is a 5, you silly goose!

Anyhow:

Dawn Patrol (2) - Rust In Peace (5).
The Lonliness Of The Long Distance Runner (1) - Somewhere In Time (5)
Black Arrows (2) - Hail To England (4)


Dawn Patrol (1) - Rust in Peace (2)

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Shit, I could be here all day, but here are two obvious examples that spring to mind:

PL Gothic (4 fists) - Falling Forever (2 fists)

Fight War of Words (4 fists) - Vicious (2 fists)

The Gathering How To Measure A Planet (4 fists) - Liberty Bell (2 fists)

Live Throwing Copper (4 fists) - Waitress (2 fists)

Author:  Solaris [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Dawn Patrol (1/5) on Rust In Peace (5/5) was the first one that came to mind.
The Last Time (2/5) on Draconian Times (4/5).
Iron Gland (1/5) on Dirt (5/5).

Escape is fucking brilliant, obviously.

Author:  Paris Chrome [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

All of these albums are 5 fists. Each listed song is either a 1 or a 2 depoending on the mood I'm in.


Butthole Surfers Human Cannonball - Locust Abortion Technician

Ministry Hero - Psalm 69

Tool Ticks And Leeches - Lateralus

Soundgarden Outshined - Badmotorfinger

Faith No More Smaller And Smaller - Angel Dust

Nine Inch Nails Big Man With A Gun - The Downward Spiral

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Be Aggressive is worse than Smaller Than Smaller in my view, but I wouldn't give it a 2.

I dont think it's possible to have a 5 fist album with even one 2 fist song.

Author:  Cosmic Equilibrium [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Most of these are 2 fist songs:

Black Sabbath - Turn Up The Night
Cathedral - Serpent Eve
The Cult - Groove Co. [from Peace]
Nirvana - Some of the noise tracks on In Utero. I can't recall their names.
Led Zeppelin - The Crunge and Dancing Days
Metallica - Holier Than Thou and 2 x 4
Pink Floyd - Don't Leave Me Now and almost all of side 4 of The Wall
Reverend Bizarre - By This Axe I Rule!
Saint Vitus - The Waste Of Time



While I agree they are pointless filler, I don't class either Dawn Patrol or Iron Gland as 'songs' per se - they're just odd interludes.

Paris Chrome wrote:

Soundgarden Outshined - Badmotorfinger


Seriously??!?!!?!?

Author:  Johnny Guitar [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Iron Maiden - Quest For Fire (1) on Piece of Mind (5)
Rush - Rivendell (2) - on Fly By Night (5)

Author:  Solaris [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Hero, Outshined and 2x4 are all great, and no way is Load a 4 or 5/5 album.

Piece Of Mind is 3/5, but agree with 1/5 for QFF.

Author:  ChrisLiebing [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Outshined ..... just no.

Be my druidess (2) - October Rust (5)

Author:  markhebb [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Most of these are 2 fist songs:

Black Sabbath - Turn Up The Night
Cathedral - Serpent Eve
The Cult - Groove Co. [from Peace]
Nirvana - Some of the noise tracks on In Utero. I can't recall their names.
Led Zeppelin - The Crunge and Dancing Days
Metallica - Holier Than Thou and 2 x 4
Pink Floyd - Don't Leave Me Now and almost all of side 4 of The Wall
Reverend Bizarre - By This Axe I Rule!
Saint Vitus - The Waste Of Time



While I agree they are pointless filler, I don't class either Dawn Patrol or Iron Gland as 'songs' per se - they're just odd interludes.

Paris Chrome wrote:

Soundgarden Outshined - Badmotorfinger


Seriously??!?!!?!?


Turn Up The Night is 2 fists?

Author:  Cosmic Equilibrium [ Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

^ Pretty much. 2.5 fists if I'm feeling generous. It's easily one of the weakest tracks of the Dio era. Mob Rules is stellar, apart from that song. Could well be the least impressive opening track of any classic album that I can think of.

Author:  Paris Chrome [ Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Paris Chrome wrote:

Soundgarden Outshined - Badmotorfinger


Seriously??!?!!?!?



I think it brings the album down a notch. Not a terrible song...just endlessly dull.

Author:  Paris Chrome [ Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Nirvana - Some of the noise tracks on In Utero. I can't recall their names.



Very Ape? Milk It?

Both astoundingly good.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Paris Chrome wrote:
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Paris Chrome wrote:

Soundgarden Outshined - Badmotorfinger


Seriously??!?!!?!?



I think it brings the album down a notch. Not a terrible song...just endlessly dull.


The chorus is great you mong! One of the great rock sing-song choruses of its time along with Breed.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

Leper Messiah (1/5) on Master Of Puppets (5/5).

Author:  Spiny Norman [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1-2 fist songs on a 4-5 fist album

That's just silly.
Leper Messiah is, at very worst, a 3 Fist song.

Maiden - Gangland

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/