www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread) 
Author Message
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1174
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
I'm pretty sure that in this Formulas era interview that appears on YouTube, Trey said David was better at communicating with people and such and that he wasn't in a band for that, so you're probably right.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6298
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Stat_Rad wrote:
That's my take on it too. Trey just wants to concentrate on the music and he let Vincent handle the press etc.

It's clear though that somewhere along the line Vincent began to 'dominate' (no pun), so to speak, and that caused tensions within the band in the mid 90's, resulting in his departure.

Reuniting with Vincent was a business decision I think, but it was an odd one that led to their most unappealing album that almost killed them.


Maybe Trey hoped for domination pt2? Be interesting to see what kind of advance they got on the album, and the tours sold very well so financially it probably made Trey and Dave enough to keep them in computer games and PVC respectively.

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21501
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:57 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6298
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Stat_Rad wrote:
The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.


Back end sales font matter that much if there's a hefty advance, yeah i knew the album cost SOM a shotload of money, so I can only applaud that.

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7849
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
In the latest Decibel mag Trey admits he’s been diagnosed as having Aspergers....


Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 4531
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
markhebb wrote:
In the latest Decibel mag Trey admits he’s been diagnosed as having Aspergers....


Image

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21501
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.


Back end sales font matter that much if there's a hefty advance, yeah i knew the album cost SOM a shotload of money, so I can only applaud that.


Who knows how much SOM paid them to sign. Applaud what? Its failure? Heh. Not good for the label!

I know Nuclear Blast were screaming bloody murder after signing Manowar for a mint only to have them endlessly stall the release of their follow up to Warriors of The World, which, unlike Ilud, was extremely successful.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6298
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Stat_Rad wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.


Back end sales font matter that much if there's a hefty advance, yeah i knew the album cost SOM a shotload of money, so I can only applaud that.


Who knows how much SOM paid them to sign. Applaud what? Its failure? Heh. Not good for the label!

I know Nuclear Blast were screaming bloody murder after signing Manowar for a mint only to have them endlessly stall the release of their follow up to Warriors of The World, which, unlike Ilud, was extremely successful.


Applaud the fact they got a load of money I suppose, I don't rate the likes of SOM or NB as labels.

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 5242
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
I've been playing this constantly since it came out. I think it's a belter of an album. They're not re-inventing the wheel here or anything, but it ticks all the right boxes for me as far as for what I want from a MA album.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:45 am
Posts: 3134
Location: On top of the Trans-Alpine faultline
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Cuchulainn wrote:
I've been playing this constantly since it came out. I think it's a belter of an album. They're not re-inventing the wheel here or anything, but it ticks all the right boxes for me as far as for what I want from a MA album.


Why reinvent what you already invented? ;) I like it a lot too.

_________________
I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.


Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 112
Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
Cuchulainn wrote:
I've been playing this constantly since it came out. I think it's a belter of an album. They're not re-inventing the wheel here or anything, but it ticks all the right boxes for me as far as for what I want from a MA album.


Well that's encouraging.

markhebb wrote:
In the latest Decibel mag Trey admits he’s been diagnosed as having Aspergers....


Well that's surprising.


Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.