www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread) 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
I'm pretty sure that in this Formulas era interview that appears on YouTube, Trey said David was better at communicating with people and such and that he wasn't in a band for that, so you're probably right.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Stat_Rad wrote:
That's my take on it too. Trey just wants to concentrate on the music and he let Vincent handle the press etc.

It's clear though that somewhere along the line Vincent began to 'dominate' (no pun), so to speak, and that caused tensions within the band in the mid 90's, resulting in his departure.

Reuniting with Vincent was a business decision I think, but it was an odd one that led to their most unappealing album that almost killed them.

Maybe Trey hoped for domination pt2? Be interesting to see what kind of advance they got on the album, and the tours sold very well so financially it probably made Trey and Dave enough to keep them in computer games and PVC respectively.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:57 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Stat_Rad wrote:
The album sold poorly. I heard many stories from insiders about stock being returned to Seasons of Mist from retailers. They didn't stay on that label for long so it makes you wonder how much money they lost.

They will always do well on the road due to brand recognition, but they wasted a serious comeback opportunity in 2011.

Back end sales font matter that much if there's a hefty advance, yeah i knew the album cost SOM a shotload of money, so I can only applaud that.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

In the latest Decibel mag Trey admits he’s been diagnosed as having Aspergers....

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

markhebb wrote:
In the latest Decibel mag Trey admits he’s been diagnosed as having Aspergers....

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:

Back end sales font matter that much if there's a hefty advance, yeah i knew the album cost SOM a shotload of money, so I can only applaud that.

Who knows how much SOM paid them to sign. Applaud what? Its failure? Heh. Not good for the label!

I know Nuclear Blast were screaming bloody murder after signing Manowar for a mint only to have them endlessly stall the release of their follow up to Warriors of The World, which, unlike Ilud, was extremely successful.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Stat_Rad wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:

Who knows how much SOM paid them to sign. Applaud what? Its failure? Heh. Not good for the label!

I know Nuclear Blast were screaming bloody murder after signing Manowar for a mint only to have them endlessly stall the release of their follow up to Warriors of The World, which, unlike Ilud, was extremely successful.

Applaud the fact they got a load of money I suppose, I don't rate the likes of SOM or NB as labels.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I've been playing this constantly since it came out. I think it's a belter of an album. They're not re-inventing the wheel here or anything, but it ticks all the right boxes for me as far as for what I want from a MA album.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:
I've been playing this constantly since it came out. I think it's a belter of an album. They're not re-inventing the wheel here or anything, but it ticks all the right boxes for me as far as for what I want from a MA album.

Why reinvent what you already invented? ;) I like it a lot too.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Cuchulainn wrote:

Well that's encouraging.

markhebb wrote:

Well that's surprising.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5