www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10263
Page 4 of 5

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Stuffstuff wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
Where The Slime Live is an M.A classic.



It's a classic DM tune full stop. Not disagreeing, just adding to your point. That whole album has such a fantastic sense of groove. Never seen anybody else big up that album at all.


I've always stood up for that album. The only problem I have is with some of Vincent's lyrics, otherwise it's a great album full of ferocious grooves, dense textures and some of the best solos in death metal. e.g Dominate, Eyes To See.......

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

I agree, Domination is a fantastic album.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Yes.

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Can't stand Covenant or Domination, slime is ok but that's it.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

'Cos it was always going to come to this:

1. Blessed...
2. Covenant
=3. Domination
=3. Altars...
5. The five good tracks from Illud.

Stick Abominations... in between Covenant and Domination if it counts as a proper album.

Author:  markhebb [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Solaris wrote:
'Cos it was always going to come to this:

1. Blessed...
2. Altars
=3. Covenant
=3. Domination
5. The five good tracks from Illud.

Stick Abominations... in between Covenant and Domination if it counts as a proper album.


I fixed it for you..no need to thank me

Author:  Solaris [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

You really haven't. Altars is almost as overrated as Reign In Blood. Good album, just far from their best. The production's fault, mainly. Too thin and too much reverb on the vocals.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

I love the sound of Altars. It was also the first death album I bought. I can see the argument for it being inferior to Blessed or whatever, but there is something special about the atmosphere.

Having said that, I love the monster grooves that came later so I'm a bit tied on this issue.

I don't want to rank M.A albums until I've relistened to all of them.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Solaris wrote:
You really haven't. Altars is almost as overrated as Reign In Blood. Good album, just far from their best. The production's fault, mainly. Too thin and too much reverb on the vocals.


Fu cough. Fiddle with yer graphic equalizer!

I hated Blessed Are The Sick when I first got it. It sounded muddy compared to Altars of Madness, and the classical bits were filling up space where there shoulda been death metal.

Author:  Chinese Whispers [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

I had a chance to listen to a few of the tracks that have popped up. Nothing really there that interests me. It's solid, probably about what I expected, and as usual the stock standard modern DM production which sucks all life out of any energy that is there. TBH the stylistic choices of the last studio album were far more fascinating.

'Altars Of Madness' overrated?! :shock:

I will give you the production is a bit archaic, but there wasn't really a template for that kind of material at the time (even at Morrisound), hence the more typical thrash production techniques of the time.

Author:  Spiny Norman [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Solaris wrote:
Altars is almost as overrated as Reign In Blood


Image

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Quote:
MORBID ANGEL's TREY AZAGTHOTH Calls 'Illud Divinum Insanus' A 'Confused Effort', Says 'Radikult' Song Was 'Silly'


http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-trey-azagthoth-calls-illud-divinum-insanus-a-confused-effort-says-radikult-song-was-silly/

Author:  Solaris [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

He spelled 'shit' incorrectly.

Author:  blacklorre [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

That EP with Laibach remixes was a warning for Illud but I do still like that. Abominations sounds shit now compared to when it was released but it is a demo. The Industrial thing began with Genitorturers innit.

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Stat_Rad wrote:
Quote:
MORBID ANGEL's TREY AZAGTHOTH Calls 'Illud Divinum Insanus' A 'Confused Effort', Says 'Radikult' Song Was 'Silly'


http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-trey-azagthoth-calls-illud-divinum-insanus-a-confused-effort-says-radikult-song-was-silly/


Then why didn't he put his foot down and say 'no'?

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Triggmartyr wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
Quote:
MORBID ANGEL's TREY AZAGTHOTH Calls 'Illud Divinum Insanus' A 'Confused Effort', Says 'Radikult' Song Was 'Silly'


http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-trey-azagthoth-calls-illud-divinum-insanus-a-confused-effort-says-radikult-song-was-silly/


Then why didn't he put his foot down and say 'no'?


From what I've heard it was part of the deal for Vincent to rejoin, that he had tracks on the alum.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

blacklorre wrote:
That EP with Laibach remixes was a warning for Illud but I do still like that. Abominations sounds shit now compared to when it was released but it is a demo. The Industrial thing began with Genitorturers innit.


My missus accidentally discovered Laibach the other day, and liked it! She didn't like the Morbid Angel remixes quite the same though.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
from what I've heard it was part of the deal for Vincent to rejoin, that he had tracks on the alum.


Yeh but Trey has a history of passing the buck to Vincent. He blamed him for the production on Domination and the lyrics. Why didn't he pick the producer or write the lyrics? Why didn't he insist that Bill Kennedy probably wasn't the right man for the job? Why didn't he speak up while it was being recorded? Why didn't he tell Vincent that some of his lyrics were arse cheeks and needed to be rewritten? etc etc.

Trey was the creative mind behind M.A, but he relied heavily on Vincent for other things. He was the face of the band and their PR guy. He was also a better negotiator from what I've heard.

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

Stat_Rad wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
from what I've heard it was part of the deal for Vincent to rejoin, that he had tracks on the alum.


Yeh but Trey has a history of passing the buck to Vincent. He blamed him for the production on Domination and the lyrics. Why didn't he pick the producer or write the lyrics? Why didn't he insist that Bill Kennedy probably wasn't the right man for the job? Why didn't he speak up while it was being recorded? Why didn't he tell Vincent that some of his lyrics were arse cheeks and needed to be rewritten? etc etc.

Trey was the creative mind behind M.A, but he relied heavily on Vincent for other things. He was the face of the band and their PR guy. He was also a better negotiator from what I've heard.


I always get the impression that Trey hates that side of things and just wants to play music, I know what you mean but if David I'd the more prominent character out of the two of them maybe he gets his way a bit more when he's involved?

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained....(offical thread)

That's my take on it too. Trey just wants to concentrate on the music and he let Vincent handle the press etc.

It's clear though that somewhere along the line Vincent began to 'dominate' (no pun), so to speak, and that caused tensions within the band in the mid 90's, resulting in his departure.

Reuniting with Vincent was a business decision I think, but it was an odd one that led to their most unappealing album that almost killed them.

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/