www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Music and days of the week.
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11455
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Necrolee [ Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Music and days of the week.

It's a while since I started a topic on here and as there's not so much activity on here any more I thought I would.

I was thinking today that I seem to go for certain types of music on certain days of the week.
While Monday to Thursday I'm really up for anything, on Fridays I really crave a bit of Thrash. Saturdays are definitely seventies rock. Ac/Dc, Motorhead, Rainbow, Rush, Led Zeppelin. That sort of thing. On Sundays it seems I want to unwind with something slow and love to listen to doom.
Does anybody else find this or am I just wierd?

Author:  Colin040 [ Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

I can't relate to it.

Now music and environment on the other hand...

Author:  doomrider [ Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

I get where you're coming from but I think more in terms of time of day: Mornings are something to wake me up and get going; evenings are more relaxing. Mood, environments etc may change this at any time.

Author:  Solaris [ Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

More environment for me: walking into town calls for something uptempo, so usually death metal or thrash; train/bus journeys are generally more relaxed, usually ambient, something relatively chilled out. If I'm just out for a walk it's something expansive like post rock/metal.

Given that I usually head into town for a few pints at the weekend, that's when I get my heavier stuff in, so that'd be the only concession to the days-of-the-week aspect.

Author:  opaline [ Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

My musical preferences generally care very little for what day of week it is although there is the exception of Sunday nights when I usually feel like putting on some smooth downtempo stuff to wind down from the weekend. I also never listen to anything too chilled while driving so as not to get into a state where I'm not as alert as I should be.

Author:  Zander [ Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

doomrider wrote:
I get where you're coming from but I think more in terms of time of day: Mornings are something to wake me up and get going; evenings are more relaxing.

Same here - I find that for me, time of day has more of a relationship to listening than the day of the week or the season of the year do.

Author:  blacklorre [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

Doesnt affect me but cant really listen to BM in the summer. Also some are best for day or night.

Author:  FlockaJawaka [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

Zander wrote:
doomrider wrote:
I get where you're coming from but I think more in terms of time of day: Mornings are something to wake me up and get going; evenings are more relaxing.

Same here - I find that for me, time of day has more of a relationship to listening than the day of the week or the season of the year do.


Thirded.. mornings are where I'm picky. Always aggravated music in a morning. I also noticed I was partial to slow, beefy doom/sludge when it is hot out and I'm inside with the windows open. When I noticed that this was my go-to music for this situation, it spoiled it and didn't "work" anymore. :/

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

It's more enviroment for me - Thrash, Death and Groove Metal whilst at the gym.

Author:  turdy [ Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

Yep, environment is key for me. I drive some distance nowadays so that is usually something uptempo like thrash or death metal. If in my office at home it is usually something ambient as I really can't focus on metal when I am working. If doing chores anything goes usually.

Author:  Chinese Whispers [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

Not so much day of the week, as much as what I'm doing/where I am. If I'm driving in peak hour, I'm probably going to need some Napalm Death or Slayer to center me and stop me from taking the footpath and driving over school children.

Actually, it doesn't really depend too much. Usually I'll go through cycles of different styles/feels though - partly discovering new stuff, but also rediscovering older stuff. Not really much rhyme or reason to it.

Author:  SuperionSupremacy [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music and days of the week.

Necrolee wrote:
It's a while since I started a topic on here and as there's not so much activity on here any more I thought I would.

I was thinking today that I seem to go for certain types of music on certain days of the week.
While Monday to Thursday I'm really up for anything, on Fridays I really crave a bit of Thrash. Saturdays are definitely seventies rock. Ac/Dc, Motorhead, Rainbow, Rush, Led Zeppelin. That sort of thing. On Sundays it seems I want to unwind with something slow and love to listen to doom.
Does anybody else find this or am I just wierd?



Heavy metal is always great on mornings while listening to black/death/war metal for me is a necessity on weekday nights. On weekends, I do listen to anything from thrash metal, doom/death/black metal and even stuffs like Led Zeppelin.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/