www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Cool new metal ratings/reviews website
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cool new metal ratings/reviews website 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Cool new metal ratings/reviews website
Hi guys. As many of you would likely know, my brother & I have been running a metal podcast called "Metal Academy" for around 2.5 years now. Well it was never our intention to leave it at that & I'm very excited to be able to announce that we have just gone live with phase one of our new "Metal Academy" website.

It's basically a metal specific ratings/reviews site & community but it has a major differentiator over the competition in that market in our brand new "clans" concept. A couple of things have always frustrated us about similar sites (like RateYourMusic for instance) are that you get a lot of people rating releases that they have no business rating given that their musical tastes are not in line with the product they're reviewing i.e. people rate releases regardless of genre simply because they're on the charts but subgenres like goregrind or nu-metal will always get down-voted simply because they're not for everyone. Well our clan concept means that you can see what slam death metal fans think about slam death metal albums & what European power metal fans think about European power metal albums without being diluted by people that hate those subgenres.

When you join up you need to pick three clans based on your musical tastes & the entire site experience is based around those (including the forums) so we're hoping to build up a community of like-minded groups of people & will start to bring in a little competition between the clans over time. When you check out a release you can see what the whole site thinks of it or you can see what it's particular clan thinks only. You can also sort the charts by clan. We're looking to put some clan leaders in place for the nine clans shortly. A lot of time & thought has gone into how this will all work so I'd love it if some of you would check it out, give us some feedback & possibly contribute. Let me know what you think.

https://metal.academy/

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Cool new metal ratings/reviews website
Just joined up. Cool idea for the clans stuff. Been looking for a new forum after a couple of my haunts started to die off, nice to see a new one taking off. Best of luck with it.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:20 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Thanks a lot turdy. It'll likely take a little bit of time to get off the ground but I think it'll become something really cool given time. By the way, your reviews were excellent & are just what we're looking for.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Maybe when I get some time (and inspiration to write) I'll contribute some. Signed up for now, just busy with life :(

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:01 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

At the moment we're looking to get as many ratings as possible into the database to make the charts have more validity so even if you only have time to contribute a score for your every day listening it would help a lot.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

So the Metal Academy website is really starting to build momentum now following the addition of a several new features which further differentiate it from the competition. The recruitment of several high-profile new members from other sites has helped a lot & as a result we've now got a lot of reviews & ratings coming in each day which is starting to give the charts some real relevance. Unfortunately the clans that house the less extreme subgenres like alternative metal (The Gateway), industrial metal (The Sphere) & metalcore (The Revolution) have received less attention than the more aggressive ones thus far so I'm hoping you guys might be able to help. If you (or anyone you know) is into the subgenres I just mentioned & would class them as being amongst your top three styles of metal then I'd strongly encourage you to by & see what the site has to offer. I have a feeling you might really enjoy it as it's a fantastic resource for the active metal fan that's always looking for cool new music that meets their specific tastes.

https://metal.academy/

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]