www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Dawnbringer - Nucleus
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Dawnbringer - Nucleus 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Dawnbringer - Nucleus
Want!

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

have just got it. on to the third song and i'm digging what i'm hearing

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:05 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

doomovertheworld wrote:
have just got it. on to the third song and i'm digging what i'm hearing

it really flows well as an album whereas Nucleus was an awesome collection of singles...if I can put it that way...

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:38 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

that makes sense. in the lair is the more coherent album when compared to nucleus, but for me, at the moment nucleus still edges it

Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:16 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

doomovertheworld wrote:
that makes sense. in the lair is the more coherent album when compared to nucleus, but for me, at the moment nucleus still edges it

stuck with this Doom? I think I prefer Nucleus but it's still pretty awesome.....I find myself listening to the whole thing straight whereas I pick and choose off the other LPs...

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Fucking great album, high spirits are incredible as well.

Stuff for sale :
http://www.discogs.com/seller/yailbloor

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

markhebb wrote:
doomovertheworld wrote:

stuck with this Doom? I think I prefer Nucleus but it's still pretty awesome.....I find myself listening to the whole thing straight whereas I pick and choose off the other LPs...

yeah. to honest i think that you have hit the nail on the head almost perfectly here

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Right, I've listened to the new one for the whole week, waiting to make a verdict Truth is though, I loved it almost right from the start. How could anyone not instantly thrill to the joyous soloing in ii for instance? The concept is cool even though I haven't fully followed the story. Seems to be a Luke vs. Darth on Yoda's planet thing going on at the end....or something like that. :?: Very even throughout as you say, mark. No weak points at all. I see Pitchfork said v had some Bon Jovi-esque qualities to it but that didn't detract from it in the slightest. Fair point I thought. Love the use of Hammond on it too.

At least 4 fists, I'm gonna hold off on possibly giving it 5 until later on.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:17 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Right, I've listened to the new one for the whole week, waiting to make a verdict Truth is though, I loved it almost right from the start. How could anyone not instantly thrill to the joyous soloing in ii for instance? The concept is cool even though I haven't fully followed the story. Seems to be a Luke vs. Darth on Yoda's planet thing going on at the end....or something like that. :?: Very even throughout as you say, mark. No weak points at all. I see Pitchfork said v had some Bon Jovi-esque qualities to it but that didn't detract from it in the slightest. Fair point I thought. Love the use of Hammond on it too.

yep - it's awesome. Although there's no real standout track ala Swing Hard off Nucleus the whole thing is an easy 4 fists...

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:

this is edging towards 5 fists Rob....gets better with every listen....

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:17 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Quite late to the Dawnbringer party, I'm currently listening to Into The Lair.... I'm on track 6 (well, VI) now. Wow. This album is fucking class. I didn't even hate the ballad, and that Hammond solo was completely unexpected. I'll be investigating these further.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:01 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Quite late to the Dawnbringer party, I'm currently listening to Into The Lair.... I'm on track 6 (well, VI) now. Wow. This album is fucking class. I didn't even hate the ballad, and that Hammond solo was completely unexpected. I'll be investigating these further.

The Nucleus LP next Sol....

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:02 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Just finished listening to it. Also mighty. I'll have go give both albums a few more spins to digest them properly but on first listen they had me cursing myself for not listening before now. For some reason I was convinced that they were a female-fronted goth metal band, fuck knows where I got that from.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:13 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Just finished listening to it. Also mighty. I'll have go give both albums a few more spins to digest them properly but on first listen they had me cursing myself for not listening before now. For some reason I was convinced that they were a female-fronted goth metal band, fuck knows where I got that from.

the earlier two (Catharisis Instinct and In Sickness....) are good, but IMHO not as good as those two...although I think Rob finds them to be superior....

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:18 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

markhebb wrote:
this is edging towards 5 fists Rob....gets better with every listen....

Yes, it's 5 - definitely and potential best-of-the-year imo.

Solaris wrote:

Nice one, Sol. In Sickness and In Dreams is probly my favourite but it's hard to choose between that and Nucleus. I haven't heard Catharsis Instinct which is a ridiculous state of affairs.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Trying to 'get' In Sickness... now, no luck so far. Seems to be a bunch of quite short tracks.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Guys,

Really getting into this record - High Spirits is the Dawnbringer main man's other band...highly recommend this for unreconstructed NWOBHM types......kicks the shit out of White Wizzard/Cauldron/Holy Grail etc....

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

just heard these tracks. they are awesome. will have to get hold of this album

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

doomovertheworld wrote:
just heard these tracks. they are awesome. will have to get hold of this album

I just checked back -Rob turned me onto this.... So thanks Rob......

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

In Sickness is still their best because it is rampant! The riffs are playfully frenzied and the whole album in structured in a wonderful way. Whilst Nucleus is good - damn good, especially The Devil with that solo at the end - it's nowhere in the same league as In Sickness...
Lair... I can't get into. It's too ploddy except for the second track which brought a bit of the old pace back into it.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next