www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - COF sign to Peaceville....
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 COF sign to Peaceville.... 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: COF sign to Peaceville....
Richie H-R wrote:
Of course, Bal-Sagoth kicked the tits off both of them. If they'd have been given the money that Dimmu had access to at one point, they'd have done something a fuck-load more interesting with it.

Whilst my love for Dimmu shadows Bal-Sagoth, I can easily accept that point of view! First 3 albums!

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

satellite_radio wrote:
Dimmu's orchestral arrangements are often ambitious, i guess, but they are simply window dressing that fails to enhance the mediocre tunage. Their music tends to be underwritten and overproduced whereas i think COF have the exact opposite problem. Thornography notwithstanding of course. and i guess more questionably produced than under produced but you get my point.

Nonsense! What are you on about?

satellite_radio wrote:
Dani's vocals are great. it took me a while to adjust to the fact he stopped using his Chihuahua yelp for dynamic effect on Dusk and just went OTT with it but once i did i never looked back.

Rubbish Sat_Rad!

satellite_radio wrote:
Bal Sagoth, what a shame. they were essentially a work in progress.

Piffle!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

ITT: some sense about CoF and Dimmu Borgir111

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Clearly you've never listened to much Cradle. Heathen.

I've heard enough, early stuff was alright, but to me Dimmu sounded more exciting and a little more evil. First two albums had no identity and were boring, yeah thats right Stormblast = boredom (mostly), but Enthrone Darkness Triumphant....thats a fuckin' belter of a record. It's got riffs, mysticism, a raw BM approach, but some romantic classical flourishes. A top album.

MALIBUMAN wrote:

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dimmu were too obvious with their "EVIL SATAN" shit and that's not how I view evil. Evil is something the lurks and creeps and seeps into everything, rituals and cloaks and gowns, skulls and All Seeing Eye symbols, ancient middle-eastern runes and tributes to Crowleys odd deities.

Not some inverted cross or a pentagram. Fuck Dimmu and fuck their inability to corpse paint themselves properly.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Dimmu were too obvious with their "EVIL SATAN" shit and that's not how I view evil. Evil is something the lurks and creeps and seeps into everything, rituals and cloaks and gowns, skulls and All Seeing Eye symbols, ancient middle-eastern runes and tributes to Crowleys odd deities.

Not some inverted cross or a pentagram. Fuck Dimmu and fuck their inability to corpse paint themselves properly.

Shagrath > Dani any fuckin day!

MALIBUMAN wrote:

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Also CoF have more interesting mythology than Dimmu Burger, lyrics were always more fluid and "Romantic" sounding and their corpse paint was never shit.

COF had an clear edge over the competition in both the image and lyrical department. Dani's lyrics were not the usual satanic bollocks, and as far as i know a pentagram only featured heavily on their debut and they relied less on cliched religious iconography as they went on.

Their use of corpse paint, to me, was far more logically integrated into the entire thematic and performance aspect of their music than most standard black metal. In retrospect, the use of corpse paint didn't really make a lot of sense for 3/4 of those bands, if not more, but it's perfect for the whole theatrical gothic-horror-grand guignol vibe that COF were going for.

Last edited by Stat_Rad on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

satellite_radio wrote:
Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Also CoF have more interesting mythology than Dimmu Burger, lyrics were always more fluid and "Romantic" sounding and their corpse paint was never shit.

COF had an clear edge over the competition in both the image and lyrical department. Dani's lyrics were not the usual satanic bollocks, and as far as i know a pentagram only featured heavily on their debut and they relied less on cliched religious iconography as they moved on.

Their use of corpse paint, to me, was far more integrated into the whole thematic and performance aspect of their music than most standard black metals. In retrospect, the use of corpse paint didn't really make a lot of sense for 3/4 of those bands, but it's perfect for the whole theatrical gothic-horror-grand gruignol vibe they are going for.

No it was just red-haired circus bitches in white sheets!

MALIBUMAN wrote:

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

satellite_radio wrote:
Angry Mob Justice wrote:

COF had an clear edge over the competition in both the image and lyrical department. Dani's lyrics were not the usual satanic bollocks, and as far as i know a pentagram only featured heavily on their debut and they relied less on cliched religious iconography as they went on.

Their use of corpse paint, to me, was far more logically integrated into the entire thematic and performance aspect of their music than most standard black metal. In retrospect, the use of corpse paint didn't really make a lot of sense for 3/4 of those bands, if not more, but it's perfect for the whole theatrical gothic-horror-grand guignol vibe that COF were going for.

Edited four times in total, four times.

Welcome back Sat Rad.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3