www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Haunted...
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Haunted... 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post The Haunted...
...were never amazing, but damn. wtf happened here? their first 2 albums were decent thrash...now they are some wierdass perfect circley shite rock.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/15/ex ... ds-unseen/

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:39 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: The Haunted...
This is a replica of the last Haunted thread you started, Bliss! We went through it all then. They've been shit for ages now.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I made another one?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

The new Haunted album is cringe inducing. rEvolver is still my favourite, although that's probably not a popular opinion to hold.

http://www.theinevitablenose.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Eschatologist/225880314091336

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Bliss wrote:
I made another one?

...about rEVOLVEr.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Saw them when they supported Slayer last year,they weren't much cop tbh.

we fall to rise

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Ive said it a million times, but its true, the first album will always be their best, its one of the most genuinely violent unhinged metal albums of the last 15 years or so, and it still hits the spot. 'Made Me Do It' and 'One Kill Wonder' are good solid modern thrash but lack the edge of the debut, Revolver is also pretty good, but lets be honest, each album has been less and less interesting and they are now sounding pretty mediocre.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:01 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

...Made Me Do It?

The first album is the only one really worth owning. And even them I found them a tad overrated. I could never really understand why people found them so amazing and then turn their noses up at the latter day Testament albums. Was it because they weren't from Sweden (which for a time there was the hot spot to be from)?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:01 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

'Made Me Do It' was solid enough.

http://www.soundshock.com/index.php/feature-band-interviews/2865-the-haunted-feature

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Haven't listened to Made Me Do It for so long, used to enjoy probably wouldn't be arsed now. Debut was good, rEVOLVEr had some good tracks, 99 was one of them, can't remember the other one..

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 am
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Amazing how one band went from darlings of thrash to absolute shite. No douobt SatRad will complain that they are still popular but with who? No self respecting thrash fan is going to listen to the shit they have put one post rEVOLVEr.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:24 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^They are still quite popular apparently, but i cannot answer the second part of that question. Perhaps they still appeal to those kids that like contemporary metalcore? Maybe that's their audience nowadays rather than thrash heads.

The fact that they now use Tue Masden instead of Nordstrom could be read as a sign of waning popularity too, although perhaps they are just cutting costs. After all, they have used him for the last 3 records. From what i've gathered though, Tue seems to be the new go-to-guy for bands that have a reputation but are nowhere near as popular as they used to be. e.g Moonspell, Dark Tranquillity, Sick Of It All etc.

No doubt that Haunted's career=wasted potential. The debut was killer, one of the most impressive of its time imo, but nothing has come close to equalling it, let alone topping it. Ever since 'Revolver' they have been experimenting quite aimlessly, and while 'The Dead Eye' was a respectable effort, it was hardly memorable. 'Versus' was just a waste of everyone's money and time.

I just don't think they know where to go with their sound anymore.

As i've said before, i'm willing to give them one more chance. This album is quite diverse apparently, which means it could be a grower. I'll give it a few listens, and if it fails to grab me, i'm officially giving up on them.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Haven't listened to Made Me Do It for so long, used to enjoy probably wouldn't be arsed now.

This, essentially. I never thought much of the first one and anything I've heard after THMMDI has been shit.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:24 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Moses The Prophet wrote:
They've never been good.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:16 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Moses The Prophet wrote:
They've never been good.

surprised

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^i'm surprised that Tom doesn't like them, not you!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Made Me Do It is decent enough, but far from essential. Don't mind if the odd track from it appears on pod shuffle, but would never actively choose to listen to it as an album

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:26 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Green Machine wrote:
I liked Peter Dolving in Mary Beats Jane and on the first record. The rest is boring shit, all the riffs sound the same, the solos are clinical and boring, the drumming is very workmanlike... I don't like much stuff like that Swedish sounding thrashy/DM though. Face Down were OK.

The Swedish sound is boring as hell now. It was great in the mid to late 90's, but after that, i've had little to no interest in it whatsoever outside of 3-4 bands.

Whenever anyone tries to sell me a band playing 'melodic death metal', or 'melodic death thrash', 'swedish style', i automatically tune out.

it's amazing how quickly a genre that initially seemed progressive turned into the new conservatism. I can't think of one band that has done anything remotely new or interesting with the sound in years. Even Dark Tranquillity are boring me nowadays.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:27 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I think the thing with the Haunted was that around the turn of the century they were seen as a plausible substitute for the rapidly waning Slayer... but in the end that turned out to be a false hope.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm
A very fair and accurate point, Mali. I know Nick Terry for one felt the same, which was why he was prepared to give them the cover before they'd released a track.

Top guys though, met them in Sweden when they opened for us, Vader and Morbid and 1/2 the crowd left after they played lol

Got invited back to Jensen's for a moonshine party but it got broken up by the police before we got there...

Were Witchery any good? I never bothered to check them out?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next