www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

The best instrumentals thread.
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274
Page 1 of 5

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  The best instrumentals thread.

Def Leppard - Switch 625
Rush - La Villa Strangiato
Rush - YYZ
Agent Steel - The Day at Guyana
Metal Church - Merciless Onslaught
Iron Maiden - Lost for Words
Malmsteen - Trilogy Suite Opus 16
Malmsteen - Eclipse

Off the top of my head..

Author:  Solaris [ Thu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Iron Maiden: Transylvania, obviously.

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Solaris wrote:
Iron Maiden: Transylvania, obviously.




Crackin!

Author:  Duckstyle [ Thu May 13, 2010 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Excluding instrumental only bands, of course.

CORONER - "Arc Lite"
DEFIANCE - "Tribulation"
DARK THRONE - "Accumulation of Generalization"
More soon

Author:  Sacrebleurgh [ Thu May 13, 2010 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

I love instrumentals! Good thread. I need to give this some thought.

Author:  Chantler [ Thu May 13, 2010 5:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

MANILLA ROAD 'Rest In Pieces'

Author:  Clint Ruin [ Thu May 13, 2010 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Fugazi 'Sweet And Low', 'Version', 'Arpeggiator'

Ministry 'Dream Song'

Shellac 'Pull The Cup'

Kyuss 'Apothecaries' Weight'

Author:  Steve [ Thu May 13, 2010 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Boris - Introduction
SunnO))) and Boris - Etna (although there's a a high-pitched note about halfway through that I can't place as either scream or guitar)
Isis - New Circuitry and Continued Evolution

I'll think of more later.

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Cynic - Textures
Death - Cosmic Sea

It should be law that every metal album should have an instrumental on it.

Author:  Tomochin [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Metallica did a pretty good job on Ride and Master, then it all went horribly wrong when the instrumentals seemed to become their template for every song

Author:  TOTW [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Instrumentals often seem to bore me, the best instrumentals are the ones that make me realise it's just an interlude in the album.

If I want to listen to music without vocals then I'll put on classical or some form of electronic music, most of the time metal bands just can't do them well.

Orion can get fucked too.

Author:  dave [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Sabre Dance by Love Sculpture. Proto thrash from 1968 featuring blazing guitar work from Dave Edmunds.

Author:  ✝ĦЇϟ ℑϟ Ṳℛ ḎϴḠ [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Def Leppard - Switch 625


is that the one off of Pyromania?

Author:  Painkiller [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Instrumentals often seem to bore me, the best instrumentals are the ones that make me realise it's just an interlude in the album.


This. I'm prepared to accept I'm probably missing the point, but they just don't do anything for me. I tend to listen to the vocals above the other instruments, and I get bored really quickly without them. Maybe that explains why I love Urfe more than K&R or Was - I find it easier to grab onto than other Dark Ambient albums because of the strong vocal presence.

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Richie H-R wrote:
Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Instrumentals often seem to bore me, the best instrumentals are the ones that make me realise it's just an interlude in the album.


This. I'm prepared to accept I'm probably missing the point, but they just don't do anything for me. I tend to listen to the vocals above the other instruments, and I get bored really quickly without them. Maybe that explains why I love Urfe more than K&R or Was - I find it easier to grab onto than other Dark Ambient albums because of the strong vocal presence.


Do you play an instrument Richie? Cos if not that makes total sense.

Author:  TOTW [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Pretty much, well I'm a vocalist/singer anyway so I focus on vocals mostly anyway. Probably another reason I don't really like thrash either as most of the vocals always seemed limp-dicked and utterly devoid of any balls.

Yet I like power metal. Haha.

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

S:D wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
Def Leppard - Switch 625


is that the one off of Pyromania?


There isn't an instrumental on Pyromania.

There is one on High and Dry though...

Author:  Painkiller [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Do you play an instrument Richie? Cos if not that makes total sense.


No, and I freely admit that I've got no technical knowledge of music at all. I'm the classic "I like the bit that goes DUHN-DUHN-DUHN!" Metaller, and as soon as anyone mentions palm-muted harmonics and augmented ninths my brain ticks off.

I have been a vocalist, though for me that constantly entirely of shouting "cunt" a lot and then performing enthusiastic if predictable stand-up between songs.

Author:  Mali [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

Richie H-R wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
Do you play an instrument Richie? Cos if not that makes total sense.


No, and I freely admit that I've got no technical knowledge of music at all. I'm the classic "I like the bit that goes DUHN-DUHN-DUHN!" Metaller, and as soon as anyone mentions palm-muted harmonics and augmented ninths my brain ticks off.

I have been a vocalist, though for me that constantly entirely of shouting "cunt" a lot and then performing enthusiastic if predictable stand-up between songs.


Nothing wrong with it (stores that information away for future reference) it's just that people who don't play instruments tend to focus on the vocals whereas people who play instruments tend to focus on the music. Though not necessarily on the instrument they play.

Author:  Painkiller [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The best instrumentals thread.

"consists" not "constantly". Superrevision is not helping my brain.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/