www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Paradise Lost Merry-Go-Round thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 78  Next
 The Paradise Lost Merry-Go-Round thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: PARADISE LOST
^^Oh c'mon Morf, we don't discuss P.L _that_ much. and most of the comments are negative anyway.

I like that Tragic is positive about what they are doing nowadays.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:23 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Only the book is real.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

M0rf))) wrote:
I've never been interested in Paradise Lost.

Having a thread about them every four months and other threads being derailed talking about them, MDB or Anathema about every 6.5 days makes me less interested in ever hearing them, ever.

I'd like to push for an immediate 24 hour ban for derailing a thread to the topic of any of these three bands and a permanent regional IP ban for starting thread #476 about them.

Now now, it's a refreshing change to discuss these happening new bands after all the time the Old Fart Brigade have us talking about the Maiden/Priest/Sabbath axis.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
My 3 favourite songs from the last P.L

I couldn't pick three favourite songs off Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us for the simple reason that I can barely tell them apart. Last.fm tells me that I have listened to songs from that album 360 times (and there'll be more instances when I've listened to it on my PMP, which aren't scrobbled) and I couldn't hum a single one of them.

The last memorable song Paradise Lost came up with was 'Sedative God', the stand-out track from In Requiem.

Lost Paradise: One fist.
Gothic: Three fists.
Shades of God: Three fists.
Icon: Four fists.
Draconian Times: FIVE FISTS OF ANIMATE BLACK GLASS, CRUSTED WITH ICE AND DESPAIR. AT NIGHT.
One Second: Four fists.
Host: Four fists.
Believe in Nothing: Two fists.
Symbol of Life: Three fists.
Paradise Lost: Three fists.
In Requiem: Two fists.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us: One fist.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

News about upcoming album [maybe false info] but one of mine mates had read Russian magazine where Nick says what new album would be more close to Draconian Times era.

Common, give yourself a chance!
https://music.yandex.ru/users/lecter-zador/playlists/3

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I think they've said that about every album since Host. Nobody believes them anymore.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^Eh? They didn't start saying that until X, and there are a few D.T style melodies on that one.

Last edited by Stat_Rad on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
I think they've said that about every album since Host. Nobody believes them anymore.

I do, and i am not alone. Also, i think, their self titled album (2005) like "modern version of DT" and, another side of Symbol Of Life [because it heavier].

Stat_Rad wrote:
^^Eh? They didn't start saying that until X.

It's just Shallowthing retarded fantasy :)

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Only the book is real.

book as good as boring

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Paradise Lost claiming their next album will be more like Draconian Times is just the same as Megadeth claiming their next album will be more like Rust in Peace. The claim gets repeated whenever they release something new, and nobody with any sense believes it for a moment.

I still think there is a real argument for them changing their name when One Second was released.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:32 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

As i said before it's impossible to be good and pleased everyone. If you right they don't need to repeat themself. I would wait for new album and not talking bullshit about things i don't know :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:37 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Decidedly average band who lost critical acclaim and most of the love of their fans a long time ago in "The New Album is a Return to the One Everyone Most Likes" shocker.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dubstepping Dr Dee wrote:
Decidedly average band who lost critical acclaim and most of the love of their fans a long time ago in "The New Album is a Return to the One Everyone Most Likes" shocker.

They haven't lost critical acclaim. Didn't the last two albums make the Terrorizer albums of the year list? And Kerrang and Metal Hammer gave them both very favourable reviews, and at least one of them made the M.H end of year list too.

They have lost most of their fans though, that is true. and i definitely don't agree they are 'average'. what does that even mean? I don't see how a band as influential as them can be 'average'. They can be poor or great, or even overrated, but 'average', is not an appropriate evaluation imo.

Last edited by Stat_Rad on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:54 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Good post^^
Some people like too see what they choose to see, and not the complex, full picture. :)
I wondering just how many people there said what they was a huge fans of PL, or PL writing more energetic songs then MDB, or their first albums was brilliant and talking crap about their newer songs. (Not everyone.Also, i am glad to know what Zaregus like PL live from 2009 year).

NP:

I think this track is best Paradise Lost album opener (Gothic, As Horisons End and One Second with Enchantment good too, but i am just love this song more)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Stat_Rad wrote:

They haven't lost critical acclaim. Didn't the last two albums make the Terrorizer albums of the year list? And Kerrang and Metal Hammer gave them both very favourable reviews, and at least one of them made the M.H end of year list too.

They have lost most of their fans though, that is true. and i definitely don't agree they are 'average'. what does that even mean? I don't see how a band as influential as them can be 'average'. They can be poor or great, or even overrated, but 'average', is not an appropriate evaluation imo.

The albums from Host onwards are average.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The albums from Host onwards are average.

That's better!!! :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:29 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Which makes them average in the present tense, which is what I said.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^^seemed like you were making a general overall assessment to me ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Tragic Idol wrote:
Good post^^
Some people like too see what they choose to see, and not the complex, full picture. :)
I wondering just how many people there said what they was a huge fans of PL, or PL writing more energetic songs then MDB, or their first albums was brilliant and talking crap about their newer songs. (Not everyone.Also, i am glad to know what Zaregus like PL live from 2009 year).

NP:

I think this track is best Paradise Lost album opener (Gothic, As Horisons End and One Second with Enchantment good too, but i am just love this song more)

So, you don't like my viewpoint cos it doesn't match yours and I dislike something you like so I'm talking crap? I WAS a big fan of PL and I was gutted by pretty much everything I've heard since Draconian. I think they're nowhere near as good live as they used to be and a lot of that is because the setlist and the energy levels, but as I don't think the same as you'll I'll stop "Talking crap" then

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:40 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

^^^^

Stat_Rad wrote:
^^^seemed like you were making a general overall assessment to me ;)

help is coming :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
ULTRANumb wrote:
Tragic Idol wrote:
Dave Gahan not bad too.

Quality. :D

So you like Depeche Mode today Mali and not just Songs Of Love and Devotion? YOu seem to change your mind about them as often as you presumably change your underwear ;)

? Overall, SOFAD isn't a very good album, is it. Black Celebration / Music for the Masses / Violator are the best ones.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 78  Next