www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous? 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: METAL/ROCK STARS-WHO'S MET SOMEONE FAMOUS?
Layne Staley & Sean Kinney (drunk/stoned/high in some way -very nice guys, regardless), Gary Jennings & Lee Dorrian (very down to earth), Steve Hughes (sponging fucker), that's about it.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Eric Wagner is a nice guy.
so is Lee Dorrian, he has a lot of music knowledge.
The bloke from Electric wizard was a prick though, on every occasion cept the one where I told him the new album sucked and he sort of agreed.
Grutle from Enslaved likes british comedy.
Anathema are sound. easy to chat to.
The guitarist from Saxon is a alcoholic.
Mick Taylor from the Rolling Stones is now quite a large fat man, but hes nice enough and can still play well.
Finntroll are a laugh, 2 of them in particular.
Peter dolving is a prick.
Orange Goblin rule onstage and offstage.
Angela gossow couldnt speak a lot of english.
I pretty much hero worshipped dave chandler from saint vitus. only time I ran out of things to say.
Met a bloke from forest of stars the other day, he was really cool.

Im pretty sure theres more ive come across along the years. not really stars I suppose.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:35 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'met'- I've had a lot of pen pals back in the '80s who became bigger in the metal scene (such as Jeff Walker, Euronymous, Eric Wood, Jo Bird, a lot more) and actually have been thanked on some metal albums for it and for doing my old 'zine.

I've met in person Max Cavelara (who wasn't a dick, exactly, but wasn't very friendly- I also met Igor- I remember I asked him something about Sarcofago, don't remember why, but he made quite a bit of fun of them), Ozzy, Dusty from ZZ Top (who lives here), Bushwick Bill (who also lives here- I've seen and met a lot of people who live here, such as Tom Araya (saw him at McDonalds and at a hardware store), Burton Bell, a bunch of not so famous people I see all the time, like Kurt from DRI and James from Helstar- they're always around, Beau from Insect Warfare, etc.), Mike Browning, Justin Broadwick (who I couldn't hardly understand because his accent was so thick), Danny Lohner, David Vincent (who was actually very friendly and came up to me at a Morbid Angel show in 1988 because I was wearing an Immolation shirt (this was before their album came out- they just had that first 2 song demo out) and asked me where I got it and we talked about how awesome Immolation are for awhile), Ian MacKaye, lots more...

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

gus666 wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Most recently I briefly met Steve MacKay (Stooges). He didn't put a hand on my knee.

Did you want him to???

Not particularly. He's old now.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
I met Away in the foyer of the Marquee in London in 1993, he was off his tits on something I think, but he played okay!

I met Jizzy Pearl (Love/Hate) outside the Marquee the same night, he was very friendly and cool actually. Pity his band was shit, but since he went to see Voivod he obviously has good taste!

I met John Petrucci who was very cool, Derek Sharrinian who was a total knob and James LaBrie who was also pretty sound. Mike Portnoy was fine to me but was obviously in a massive bad mood with everyone else.

I sat next to Paul Masvidal (Cynic) in Pizza Hut and talked to him about touring with Death.

I met Scott Ian once (in 1987) he seemed okay.

I think that's about it.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I once walked past Mark E Smith in the street, but as if it'd be a good idea to stop him in the street and try to talk to him. He looked furious just as he was walking by.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Bruce Dickinson did indeed seem nice at Abingdon air show.

I met Rod Hull at Warwick Castle, he was a moaning old bastard.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Happy wrote:
I met Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Mendeed... Good post, you will get guys though who will jump onto a podium shouting "hovel"... fuck em' these guys are just pissed no woman will look twice at them or their marvel superhero collectibles.

I don't have any marvel superhero collectibles.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

gus666 wrote:
Happy wrote:
I met Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Mendeed... Good post, you will get guys though who will jump onto a podium shouting "hovel"... fuck em' these guys are just pissed no woman will look twice at them or their marvel superhero collectibles.

I don't know what 'hovel' means nor really care.

I have never understood the whole "I AM IGNORANT AND PROUD OF IT!" mindset.

I know Martin Walkyier and Frazer Craske from Sabbat well enough to say hello and stop for a chat. They're both good blokes, although Frazer seems the more on-this-planet of the two.

I once interviewed Toby Torres from Snake River Conspiracy on their tour bus. She was very nice despite being rather tired at the time.

I also once interviewed Dino Cazares from Fear Factory in a back room at Rock City. He was even fatter than all the jokes make out, but he was good natured and kind of fun during the interview. Deliberately taking along the cutest female Fear Factory fan I knew for him to hit on seemed to be a very successful tactic.

I once stood next to Dani Filth at a urinal.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:54 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Did Dani have to use the child's urinal?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The musos i've met were mostly at signings. Here goes:

Clutch(just Neil and Tim. They were smoking and drinking beers outside the venue before the show started. I don't think many people recognised them. Great guys. They thought it was really cool that we had been into them since the mid 90's. Neil even asked how we even found out about them back in the day, because he knew their cd's were not given local releases back then)

Edguy(I just went along for the ride on this one. They were very friendly though, all of them)

Gene Hoglan(nice guy, but he doesn't talk much. I asked him what it was like working with Galder from Old Man's Child--this was right after ILl Natured Spiritual Invasion was released--and he responded 'yeah Galder is cool, he is bald' and that's it :lol: Personally i think he was too busy eyeing my hamburger to care what I, or anyone else, had to say.

Lacuna Coil(Cristina Scabbia, Andreas and the bass player. all cool, especialy Cristina, she is lovely).

Mayhem(All dicks except Hellhammer. Maniac was still in the band at this point)

Dave Mustaine(OK. You can tell he didn't really want to be at the signing though. He looked tired)

Nevermore(Mixed. Warrel was cool, Jim and the drummer were so so, and Jeff was very quiet)

Sadistik Exekution(met Dave, Kris Hades and Rok through a friend years ago. All nice guys, if a little eccentic, although Dave Slave is fucking mental!)

Devin Townsend(Cool)

One of my biggest regrets is not being able to meet Kool Keith when i had the chance. I had a family problem to attend to, and couldn't make the gig or meet him backstage after the show. A friend of mine at the time had the contacts to get us backstage and he met him and took pictures etc etc. Said he was a great guy.

Last edited by Stat_Rad on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dr John Dee wrote:
Did Dani have to use the child's urinal?

That venue didn't have one, but if it wasn't for his platform boots he might have found it easier if there had been.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:04 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Beermoth wrote:
Happy wrote:

I don't have any marvel superhero collectibles.

I know, I didn't mean everyone just some.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Been to a couple of gigs with the Entwined guitarist back in the day-nice bloke.
Met L.G Petrov-he was wrecked-nice guy.
Met Z.P Theart-ex-Dragonforce,i was very drunk and told him he was the best singer in British heavy metal!To be fair(this was in the early days of the band)-we talked for a while and he seemed a really decent guy.When i heard all these rumours of him being a bit of a prima donna a couple of years back i was surprised.
Bought Blaze Bayley a drink at The Underworld a few years ago.Met him a few times over the years and i'm not joking-he is ALWAYS willing to speak to his fans.A great guy-and underappreciated.
The Hammerfall guys are really decent chaps as are the Gama Bomb guys.
Paul Allender still has a couple of my l.p's i lent him in the early 90's but apart from that he was/is a good chap.
I know it's a bit sad but i do like to try and speak to the guys in bands if i get the opportunity-and nobody has told me to fuck off....yet.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

I had a beer and a chat with Nocturno Culto at last year's Hole in the Sky. He is really awesome. We were both a little drunk and yelled about 80s thrash/ 1st-wave black metal bands for 20 mins. Really nice guy.

I've also met Hoest from Taake who is a nice guy, but after a few beers I did worry he was going to flip and bottle somebody. He started to chat up my wife initially and I had to turn the situation around carefully. Top bloke though.

Ivar from Enslaved is awesome as well, very relaxed guy to chat with.

Wino from St Vitus is awesome as well, bumped into him in the street as he was going into a record store, and chatted for a while as we were flipping though the vinyls and CDs. He's a huge bloke as well, towering in fact.

The most disappointing person I've met however was Frost - he was very quiet and just didn't speak much, he came across as very odd to be honest - I got the feeling he was after picking up chicks however, which is why he wasn't interested in talking to a black metal fan boy like me.

Not a metal guy, but someone I've met a few times is Conrad from ... and you will know us by the trail of dead. He is a very amusing person to chat to, big into his old 80s underground vinyl as well, just as I am, so brilliant to chat to. He's a bit of a p*ss head as well.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I shook hands with Ian MacKaye after The Evens played a student bar in Canterbury, I was totally starstruck and made a bit twat of myself.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I had a beer with Paul Zennon the other night. Does that count?

WarrenSchofield wrote:
FULL OF HARD COCKS!

Zagreus wrote:
I'd do Barbara Windsor.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

My uncle was the lead singer of The Flying Pickets. I win.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:54 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Phil Collins bought me a Curly Wurly.

WarrenSchofield wrote:
FULL OF HARD COCKS!

Zagreus wrote:
I'd do Barbara Windsor.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

How did she react to that comment?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next