www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous? 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
I probably lose at this. Aside from seeing someone in the crowd, which doesn't really count, I've only got Ian Glasper (one sentence each at a Stapmin' Ground gig) and Dave Witte (a pleasant, but short and seriously small-talky conversation in a pub while a shit band played). I also slept on a small shelf above world-famous ex Cradle/Blood Divine/Vero drummer William Sargison, a moment of personal pride that will never fade.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:18 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Dr John Dee wrote:
My uncle was the lead singer of The Flying Pickets. I win.

Actually, is it time for me to talk about my mum's cousin being in the Quarrymen with Lennon and McCartney yet, or will JCC come and be sarcastic to me again?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I forgot: I was introduced to Ville Valo after HIM played the basement at Rock City. I was very rude to him, on the basis that he was hitting very obviously on my then-only-recently ex-girlfriend. I was naive enough to give a shit back then. If I ever meet him again, I shall make a point of apologising for being a dick.

I also met the tall bloke from Kill II This. I make no apologies for being rude to him. Heh.

Occup@tional Hazard (remember them?) were a bunch pf primadonna cocks too, even though I helped them load up their van.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:26 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shallowthing wrote:
I was very rude to him, on the basis that he was hitting very obviously on my then-only-recently ex-girlfriend.

I thought the key-word was "ex".

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
I was naive enough to give a shit back then. If I ever meet him again, I shall make a point of apologising for being a dick.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Bugger, sorry. I was so delighted to have caught you in what seemed like hypocrisy that I didn't even finish reading your post.

My head is thoroughly hung.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I also 'met' Faith No More at a signing before a gig, but I don't think that counts. Gould and Bordin were actually really nice guys, the others were dicks.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:57 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Andy Taylor (music entrepreneur), bought me a pint in Drayton Village hall. His nephew married my cousin. He was a tosser.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Painkiller wrote:
Actually, is it time for me to talk about .............................. again?

I was in college with Stacia from Hawkwind. We shared a studio together.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Dealer In Facts wrote:
Yeah, signings don't count do they?

Not so much ;doesn't count' but I was looking to find out what these folk are like socially.
I suppose when they're doing signings they'll put on the old charm offensive.

I just remembered! Wee Stuart Murdoch from Belle and Sebastian was a very good pal of mine when we were young.
Me and a pal took him to his first gig at Ayr Pavilion (Magnum) and he walked straight up to a bemused roadie and asked him for his autograph! :D
I haven't seen him since I left school, but he was one of the greatest human beings I've ever had the pleasure knowing.
Just wish Belle & Sebastian were good! But canny imagine wee Stuart being a fanny, even if he is a "pop star".

And when my best man worked at the Turnberry Hotel, ABBA were staying there-he asked the blonde one out on a date, to the wee boating pond at Girvan, bag of chips later.
He's one of those that go straight up to famous folk-I tend not to.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

gus666 wrote:
Just wish Belle & Sebastian were good!

They are.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:59 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Oh, oh! There was the time that I drove to Nottingham for a Pig Destroyer/TFD/Narcosis gig that I then failed to get into because it was sold out and I hadn't thought to buy a ticket. I spent about five minutes being a total cunt to a stoned American guy I decided was the ticket seller for no reason, before I realised it was Rich Hoak. Luckily, he was far too off his tits to realise what was going on, and spent pretty much the whole time staring at me in confusion, but I still turned bright fucking red and left.

The moral? It's okay to be a prick to someone who's done nothing wrong until you realise that they're famous.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

A few from off the top of my head...

Met Vinnie Paul and got his autograph when Pantera supported Megadeth at Birmingham NEC

Met Meshuggah after a gig in Wolverhampton and they signed my 'None' inlay card.

Met Misery Loves Co (remember them?) and got their autographs after a show at Camden Underworld

Had a smoke and beers with Dub War before they played a gig in Brum. Got their scrawls too.

Had beers with Allen West and Frank Watkins after an Obituary gig

Had beers with Zak Tell from Clawfinger and Carl Stokes from Cancer at the Anthrax/Clawfinger show in Wolverhampton

Chatted with Danny Cavanagh after an Anathema set at a Coventry pub in the early 90s.

Met Machine Head (Burn My Eyes era) before a show at Wolvers. Robb liked my bootleg longsleeve!

But perhaps the funniest was meeting Abbath after immortal supported Morbid Angel at Wolvers. I asked him if he had any fags as I'd run out of cigs. His response was 'Fags? Homos?'

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Abandoner wrote:
A few from off the top of my head...

Met Vinnie Paul and got his autograph when Pantera supported Megadeth at Birmingham NEC

Met Meshuggah after a gig in Wolverhampton and they signed my 'None' inlay card.

Met Misery Loves Co (remember them?) and got their autographs after a show at Camden Underworld

Had a smoke and beers with Dub War before they played a gig in Brum. Got their scrawls too.

Had beers with Allen West and Frank Watkins after an Obituary gig

Had beers with Zak Tell from Clawfinger and Carl Stokes from Cancer at the Anthrax/Clawfinger show in Wolverhampton

Chatted with Danny Cavanagh after an Anathema set at a Coventry pub in the early 90s.

Met Machine Head (Burn My Eyes era) before a show at Wolvers. Robb liked my bootleg longsleeve!

But perhaps the funniest was meeting Abbath after immortal supported Morbid Angel at Wolvers. I asked him if he had any fags as I'd run out of cigs. His response was 'Fags? Homos?'

Christ aye!
Last time I saw them I'm certain the drummer had a sort of deformed hand-and he was brilliant!
I liked them (2 albums?) but they dissapeared faster than an Egyptian policeman at a football riot.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 pm

gus666 wrote:
I liked them (2 albums?) but they dissapeared faster than an Egyptian policeman at a football riot.

I think it was three, but i never got round to getting 'Not Like Them' and 'Your Vision...'. I had an Earache sampler with a track from 'Not...' on it and it wasn't great.

The first album was brilliant.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I preferred their second.

Third was ok.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:15 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Alex and LG from Entombed, chatted to them at a gig once. Again, nice guys.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
Oh, oh! There was the time that I drove to Nottingham for a Pig Destroyer/TFD/Narcosis gig that I then failed to get into because it was sold out and I hadn't thought to buy a ticket. I spent about five minutes being a total cunt to a stoned American guy I decided was the ticket seller for no reason, before I realised it was Rich Hoak. Luckily, he was far too off his tits to realise what was going on, and spent pretty much the whole time staring at me in confusion, but I still turned bright fucking red and left.

The moral? It's okay to be a prick to someone who's done nothing wrong until you realise that they're famous.

That is a shit-hot line-up. Rich Hoak is 100% dude.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't really give a shit. I don't go to see bands who have rock stars.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:36 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

M0rf))) wrote:
What about bands with artists?

None. I listen to beatdown hardcore, there's no art in that just idiots.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next