www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous? 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Metal/Rockstars - who's met someone famous?
Yesterday i met Cherie Huston, hope I have spelt that right,i believe she is on lose woman

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:54 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

One of the blokes from Necrosadistic Goat Torture showed up at Violated tonight.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:49 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
I don't really give a shit. I don't go to see bands who have rock stars.

Oh puh-leeze.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:48 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I once offended Tom G Warrior by asking him if anybody had ever told him he looked like Robin Williams.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:54 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Victor Griffin is a great man.

oooh, and the main dude from Witchcraft is a laugh. chatted with him for ages and got him to pluck up courage to ask out Jex Thoth. which he did. ooooh gossip. haha

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Lemmy - Only met him for a second and I almost lost the power of speech but he was friendly, and he is Lemmy, so he is tops.

Phil Campbell - Sat beside me and at first I though "nah, can't be him" but as he was getting up to leave I realised it was indeed the legend that is 'Wizzo'. He only said 'alright boys', but that's enough int it? He was wearing a horrible garish shirt. The best Welsh person ever. (Sorry Dee).

Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson - Another split second deal. Mustaine was a bit edgy but was happy enough to say hello. Dave Jr was all smiles.

Type O Negative - Peter Steele was a lovely fella, friendly and funny, as was Johnny Kelly, who we had a few pints with. Kenny Hickey looked like he was off his head and had no idea where he was but he wasn't rude or anything. Josh Silver was ok, happy to sign stuff but didn't say much. They all sat at the bar for a while, and Johnny Kelly stuck around for a bit after.

Trey Azagthoth, Pete Sandoval and Eric Rutan - Rutan and Sandoval were pretty quiet but very nice all the same. Azagthoth was surprisingly friendly and chipper, asked us about the set, how we felt about certain songs etc. Talked about guitarists for a bit. He was very short which surprised me.

Jimmy Bower and Rex - Jimmy was nice enough but seemed to be in a rush. Looks a lot healthier in real life actually. Rex was a bit grumpy.

Max Cavalera - Was a lovely bloke. Showed genuine concern when he heard we had nowhere to stay, and just hung with us while he was waiting for his wife and kids.

Electric Wizard - Just Jus really, the others were there but chatting among themselves, but he was alright, clearly busy but friendly.

Stuck Mojo - Really cool actually, bought us booze, talked about old metal and had a lark.

Tool - Right bunch of grumpy cunts.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I lost all faith in Lemmy, after watching that film of his, even Sue did.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

He still rules IMO. Hes no Fast Eddie Clarke though... :D

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:10 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Sue would still shag him.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Wretch wrote:

Tool - Right bunch of grumpy cunts.

I met Adam Jones at a Melvins gig once, he seemed nice.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:45 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Maybe they were having a bad day or something.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I met Blaze era Maiden at a couple of signings, but outside of that I've met Janick, who was lovely even though I was totally drunk and being a bit of a knob.

When I was about 17 I met Jeff from Wolfsbane, who was really nice and chatted to me for ages, even though he clearly wanted to be elsewhere as I was very drunk, quite nervous, and going on about a band he did ages ago (he was in Jellies at the time, but I waffled on about Stretch and Blaze Bailey.)

Met Leo from Cathedral quite a few times when he lived in Brighton, and he's a top chap. Drunkenly asked Bill Steer if I could have Leo's job in Firebird after he left too. Chatted to Lee Dorrian a couple of times as well, and he's really nice.

Neil Fallon from Clutch when a band I was in supported them, and he was a really nice guy who was happy to chat to us after the show.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:50 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I asked Billy Graziedei from Biohazard for directions, he's quite tall, but then I'm a midget so maybe he's not that tall.

I gave Barney from Napalm Death a copy of my band's CD. He promised he'd listen and respond. He never has.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 pm
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Was swallying in Cardiff one day and went to the cludgey in the Bass House in Canton and Bryn Merrick fae the Damned was having a pee-pee next to me.
Dead un-assuming lad. Laughed when I recognised him.
My mate in the office was married to a lovely lass who followd AC/DC about the UK in the '70s. She gave Bon a Scottish lion Rampant on a chain and it can be clearly seen on Bon's neck in photos from 1978 onwards.
She gave me some great Polariods of the band in the Holiday Inn in 1979.
The stories so far have been superb!
Keep them coming!!

Last edited by gus666 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:46 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Necrolee wrote:
I asked Billy Graziedei from Biohazard for directions, he's quite tall, but then I'm a midget so maybe he's not that tall.

Did he tell you the way to MOTHERFUCKING BROOKLYN, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Painkiller wrote:
Necrolee wrote:

He MUST have surely...
He keeps telling me that!

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
Necrolee wrote:

No it was the Sheffield Octagon.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Jeff Walker from Carcass. Regular cunt. Happen to see this fucker pretty regularly too.
Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth. Cunt.
KK Warslut from Destroyer 666. Nice guy, now lives in the UK as well apparently.
Eric Danielsson from Watain. Very short and very polite.
Mirai Kawashima from Sigh. Enough to say hello and such.
Brittany McConnell from Wolvserpent. A drumming violionist who was taller than me and was hotter than the sun.
Katie Stone from A Forest of Stars, formerly of My Dying Bride.

Think thats it. No one massive.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:38 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Kreator

Mille
The wife of a mate of mine knows him quite well so got me and a couple of mates backstage at The Camden Electric Ballroom in 2005. Nice chap, quiet, and always wants to hold his hands out or hold something when a camera's pointed at him. In this instance, a salmon sandwich and a tap recorder.
Also worth noting was his rider. After chatting to us for fifteen minutes or so, he excused himself, apologising but he was absolutely knackered, and said we could help ourselves to what was left of his supplies. We said thanks, and made our way to the small table of metal bounty that lay before us. And found Jelly Tots, crisps, orange juice, and lemonade.
Not metal.

Christian Diesler.
Same night but as we made our way out of the backstage area with Christian and Sami (Ventor had already run off to bed), a load of foreign Kreator fans came up to us and demanded signatures as they obviously thought we were with the band. I was wearing my glasses and had a hat on so I signed it Jurgen Reil.
He went away very happy. :lol:
Before the non-English speaking Christian left, I asked his mate/interpreter for a picture. He asked Christian the question and he smiled and replied, "Ja". I then said "naked picture?" and everyone including the interpreter laughed while Christian stood there blankly. His friend translated for him and he laughed for a moment and then suddenly, very sternly said "Nein".
Who said the Germans don't have a sense of humour? Top bloke.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Exodus

The same girl who knew Kreator also knew Exodus so she got a mate and I backstage for an hour at The Underworld back in '04.
I'd actually already had an hour long chat with Zetro and Rick Hunolt before the show anyway, but that was an added bonus.
England were playing Portugal in the Euro 2004 tournament and while me and two of my mates stood infront of the TV in The World's End watching it, Rick and Zetro just strolled round and joined us.
I turned to Rick (quite nervously - he was still something of a thrash idol to me) and asked who he wanted to win.
"Well it sure as hell aint Portugal". Zetro smiled but left the band two weeks later...
Anyway, after giving up trying to teach Rick - bless him, but it was rather like trying to teach a five year old girl the offside rule - the basics of soccer ("why does David Beckham play for England when his team is Real Madrid?"), instead of getting him to pick an English club team to support, between the three of us we just thought it was easier if we taught him to hate Man United. :lol:

After the show, me and one of my mates (the other had gone home) went into the rather small backstage room but before we could even introduce ourselves, Rick ran over and threw his arms around us both. "Soccer buddies!!". That was awesome tbf.
After that we chatted with all of them (although Jack Gibson and Gary Holt spent most of the time with their women) and all of them were really nice. Gibson was a wee bit arrogant if I'm honest, but still managed to stay the right side of being a cock.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next