www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Iron Maiden thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 2656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
 The Iron Maiden thread 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The Iron Maiden thread
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
I refuse to believe that The Nomad, one of Maiden's best songs, was a product of the Blaze era.

See, this is the issue with Maiden fans who slag the Blaze era - they can't accept even the remotest possibility that it might be of any worth or indeed could ever have been of any value at all. I don't mind people disliking the material if they've judged it objectively, but to just flat out assume the Blaze albums could never have produced good material is kind of wrong.

Bang on. There were still some fucking good songs written in that era. There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:05 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

:? :?

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

Not only is it shite but it's 10 minutes of shite.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

Like I said. Which everyone else seems to hate but I like. I'm not apologizing for it.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

The like to dislike ratio on that youtube link seems to be on your side. Currently 2,291:142

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

It's actually been a very long time since I've seen that video. It reminds me (painfully) of just how horrendous Blaze really was, and how wacky the band were for thinking that the music they were making at the time was in any way acceptable. Regardless of how we disagree on Black Metal, Vim, I struggle to see how an otherwise sensible human being could listen to this muck and derive any pleasure whatsoever from it.

Time to go and watch the Women in Uniform clip again to cleanse myself of this shite.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Oh fuck no! "The Angel & The Gambler" is an absolute atrocity. A musical abomination of the highest order. In fact there's not one song on "Virtual XI" that I don't hate.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

RainbowPrince wrote:
It's actually been a very long time since I've seen that video. It reminds me (painfully) of just how horrendous Blaze really was, and how wacky the band were for thinking that the music they were making at the time was in any way acceptable. Regardless of how we disagree on Black Metal, Vim, I struggle to see how an otherwise sensible human being could listen to this muck and derive any pleasure whatsoever from it.

Time to go and watch the Women in Uniform clip again to cleanse myself of this shite.

Have I ever mentioned I like Lulu as well?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:26 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

To be fair I quite like the second disk of "Lulu" but the first disk is disgustingly bad.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I do recall you saying that you liked Lulu, now that you mention it. That level of wackiness puts Sol to shame. :(

- Mortiis, 1995

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I think I've said before (I know Spiny likes to bring it up) but I really don't think VXI is that bad an album, and whilst the angel and the gambler don't belong anywhere near being considered one of the bands best, I'd sooner listen to that than the majority of AMOLAD.

Watching that video above just reminds me of playing Ed Hunter as a kid, and how bad it was.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Hhhmmmm.... interesting opinion you have there Anni. "A Matter Of Life & Death" is my favourite Maiden record since the 80's while "Virtual XI" may be the worst release ever from a big name metal band.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

VXI has "The clansman" which is certainly better than any one song on Matter. It's also mercifully shorter too.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

"The Clansman" is probably the best song on "Virtual XI" & I'd rate it about on par with "Different World" which is the weakest song on "A Matter Of Life & Death".

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Was it you who posted that youtube link of that whole album live on here a while ago, opaline? I listened to that, whoever posted it, and enjoyed it a bit more than I expected - "Different World" especially.

I watched the Abbey Road session they did recently too where they did "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" - sounding pretty laughable next to "Hallowed".

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:47 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Aside from The Clansman, I also liked When Two Worlds Collide off VIX.

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Was it you who posted that youtube link of that whole album live on here a while ago, opaline? I listened to that, whoever posted it, and enjoyed it a bit more than I expected - "Different World" especially.

I watched the Abbey Road session they did recently too where they did "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" - sounding pretty laughable next to "Hallowed".

No it wasn't me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a diehard fan of "A Matter Of Life & Death" or anything like that. I just think it's the best of their post-80's material. I still don't think it quite meets the mark for me to give it a 4/5 but it's very close.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...

Dave's penis is also an intercontinental ballistic missile shooting it's payload all over the place.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:

Dave's penis is also an intercontinental ballistic missile shooting it's payload all over the place.

And Hetfield is a SMALL TOWN GURRL!!!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next