www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Iron Maiden thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
 The Iron Maiden thread 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The Iron Maiden thread
Triggmartyr wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:
Aside from The Clansman, I also liked When Two Worlds Collide off VIX.

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...

Dave's penis is also an intercontinental ballistic missile shooting it's payload all over the place.

And Hetfield is a SMALL TOWN GURRL!!!

OMG!!! U R being transphobic!!!11!!!!!!

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:38 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

RainbowPrince wrote:
It's actuallIt reminds me (painfully) of just how horrendous Blaze really was, and how wacky the band were for thinking that the music they were making at the time was in any way acceptable.

That is what is so fascinating about that particular era of the band. I like The X Factor and I get why people don't, but I find the actual period to be more interesting than the music itself. That's why I convinced my mate to record a podcast on it. Shameless plug alert: http://www.thesecondspin.com/episode-14-the-blaze-bayley-era-by-iron-maiden/

Priest played it safe by recruiting a Halford clone, but Maiden really took a risk and it almost killed them. If they stuck with Blaze for another few albums they probably wouldn't have been able to revive their career in the way they did, even if Bruce eventually rejoined at a later date.

The reunion with Bruce and Smith happened at just the right time to restore confidence in the brand; and yes at this point Maiden is a brand, no doubt about it.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Stat_Rad wrote:

Priest played it safe by recruiting a Halford clone, but Maiden really took a risk and it almost killed them.

And despite the failure of Blaze his era still produced better material than Priest's safe option.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Calling Tim Owens a 'Halford clone' is a bit unfair. I think it's more sensible to say that he was a vocalist who had the range to sing the songs the vocalist before him sung, whereas Blaze...

Tim's American accent always gave me the shits though, especially with Painkiller. It's Painkilla, not Painkillerrrr. :oops:

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Judas Priest's Ripper material is certainly subpar but the Blaze albums were far worse.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:39 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

1. The X Factor 2 fists
2. Jugulator - 2 fists
3. Virtual XI - 2 fists
4. Demolition - 1 fist

...but if anyone argued that Jugulator and VXI were 1's I wouldn't object.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I personally find The X Factor to be better than Jugulator and Demolition combined.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Indeed. I mean there's basically nothing that's really worth listening to on either of those Ripper albums. I know some whackmeisters claim a favourite on them here or there - but the albums are essentially 2 collections of shit songs, Ripper or not.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Some fans rave about Cathedral Spires.

Halford probably could have made Jugular work, but the cut price sound did them no favours.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Stat_Rad wrote:

Halford probably could have made Jugular work, but the cut price sound did them no favours.

Barring Angel of Retribution that's sadly been a feature of all Priest output since then.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:49 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Owens is a better singer than Halford in all honesty. Cathedral Spires is a superb song. Priest should retain Halford for songwriting purposes and use Owens for the live show.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

He can't communicate a broad range of emotion in the same that Halford can and he has no charisma. Sure he might 'technically' hit notes more accurately or whatever, but there is nothing exciting about him. He is a robot. And i still say that he couldn't have performed as well as Halford did on Painkiller even in his best moments.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:44 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

vandlass wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:

Barring Angel of Retribution that's sadly been a feature of all Priest output since then.

That's definitely true.

Redeemer of Souls would have been fine if it wasn't brickwalled, but Nostramadus was terribly mixed.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:46 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Owens is a better singer than Halford in all honesty. Cathedral Spires is a superb song. Priest should retain Halford for songwriting purposes and use Owens for the live show.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:28 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

In all honesty, Ripper is probably better than Halford these days, but at the height of their pomp, Halford wipes the floor with him.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I saw Priest with Owens at the Astoria in 98 and he was fucking brilliant. It's immortalised on the 98 Live Meltdown album. The studio stuff was muck, though. Mind you, Priest haven't done a truly great album since Painkiller.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Obviously Tim today is better than Halford is today. He would do a much better job live, but that doesn't really mean anything does it? It wouldn't be Priest without Halford, and Halford is doing a better job these days than he was doing 10 years ago, which is good enough. Priest is already slowing down (especially with Tipton on the way out), so adding Tim would be pointless.

Spiny Norman wrote:
In all honesty, Ripper is probably better than Halford these days, but at the height of their pomp, Halford wipes the floor with him.

^ This as well.

- Mortiis, 1995

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

RainbowPrince wrote:
Obviously Tim today is better than Halford is today.

:shock: :?: Obviously this is patent nonsense. Even if Tim was technically better than Halford, he would still be in bad need of a personality, some charisma and character. He's called 'Tim' forfuck'sake.

And no, Tim wouldn't do a better job live. Halford absolutely killed it in London at the end of 2015. Reports of his vocal demise have been put through the usual Tez filter and come out wacky.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:45 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
Obviously Tim today is better than Halford is today.

:shock: :?: Obviously this is patent nonsense. Even if Tim was technically better than Halford, he would still be in bad need of a personality, some charisma and character. He's called 'Tim' forfuck'sake.

And no, Tim wouldn't do a better job live. Halford absolutely killed it in London at the end of 2015. Reports of his vocal demise have been put through the usual Tez filter and come out wacky.

The forum or the utterly shite mag?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Us here on the forum of course. I haven't read nor bought the mag in a while myself.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next