www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

The Iron Maiden thread
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5433
Page 129 of 135

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
I refuse to believe that The Nomad, one of Maiden's best songs, was a product of the Blaze era.


See, this is the issue with Maiden fans who slag the Blaze era - they can't accept even the remotest possibility that it might be of any worth or indeed could ever have been of any value at all. I don't mind people disliking the material if they've judged it objectively, but to just flat out assume the Blaze albums could never have produced good material is kind of wrong.



Bang on. There were still some fucking good songs written in that era. There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

Author:  RainbowPrince [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

:? :?

Author:  Cuchulainn [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

:? :?

Not only is it shite but it's 10 minutes of shite.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Cuchulainn wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

:? :?

Not only is it shite but it's 10 minutes of shite.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Cuchulainn wrote:
RainbowPrince wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
There was also The Angel and The Gambler, which everyone else seems to hate but I like.

:? :?

Not only is it shite but it's 10 minutes of shite.


Like I said. Which everyone else seems to hate but I like. I'm not apologizing for it.

Author:  robitusson [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

The like to dislike ratio on that youtube link seems to be on your side. Currently 2,291:142

Author:  RainbowPrince [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

It's actually been a very long time since I've seen that video. It reminds me (painfully) of just how horrendous Blaze really was, and how wacky the band were for thinking that the music they were making at the time was in any way acceptable. Regardless of how we disagree on Black Metal, Vim, I struggle to see how an otherwise sensible human being could listen to this muck and derive any pleasure whatsoever from it.

Time to go and watch the Women in Uniform clip again to cleanse myself of this shite.

Author:  opaline [ Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Oh fuck no! "The Angel & The Gambler" is an absolute atrocity. A musical abomination of the highest order. In fact there's not one song on "Virtual XI" that I don't hate.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

RainbowPrince wrote:
It's actually been a very long time since I've seen that video. It reminds me (painfully) of just how horrendous Blaze really was, and how wacky the band were for thinking that the music they were making at the time was in any way acceptable. Regardless of how we disagree on Black Metal, Vim, I struggle to see how an otherwise sensible human being could listen to this muck and derive any pleasure whatsoever from it.

Time to go and watch the Women in Uniform clip again to cleanse myself of this shite.


Have I ever mentioned I like Lulu as well?

Author:  opaline [ Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

To be fair I quite like the second disk of "Lulu" but the first disk is disgustingly bad.

Author:  RainbowPrince [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

I do recall you saying that you liked Lulu, now that you mention it. That level of wackiness puts Sol to shame. :(

Author:  Annihislater [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

I think I've said before (I know Spiny likes to bring it up) but I really don't think VXI is that bad an album, and whilst the angel and the gambler don't belong anywhere near being considered one of the bands best, I'd sooner listen to that than the majority of AMOLAD.

Watching that video above just reminds me of playing Ed Hunter as a kid, and how bad it was.

Author:  opaline [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Hhhmmmm.... interesting opinion you have there Anni. "A Matter Of Life & Death" is my favourite Maiden record since the 80's while "Virtual XI" may be the worst release ever from a big name metal band.

Author:  robitusson [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

VXI has "The clansman" which is certainly better than any one song on Matter. It's also mercifully shorter too.

Author:  opaline [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

"The Clansman" is probably the best song on "Virtual XI" & I'd rate it about on par with "Different World" which is the weakest song on "A Matter Of Life & Death".

Author:  robitusson [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Was it you who posted that youtube link of that whole album live on here a while ago, opaline? I listened to that, whoever posted it, and enjoyed it a bit more than I expected - "Different World" especially.

I watched the Abbey Road session they did recently too where they did "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" - sounding pretty laughable next to "Hallowed".

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Aside from The Clansman, I also liked When Two Worlds Collide off VIX.

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...

Author:  opaline [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

robitusson wrote:
Was it you who posted that youtube link of that whole album live on here a while ago, opaline? I listened to that, whoever posted it, and enjoyed it a bit more than I expected - "Different World" especially.

I watched the Abbey Road session they did recently too where they did "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" - sounding pretty laughable next to "Hallowed".


No it wasn't me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a diehard fan of "A Matter Of Life & Death" or anything like that. I just think it's the best of their post-80's material. I still don't think it quite meets the mark for me to give it a 4/5 but it's very close.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Triggmartyr wrote:
Aside from The Clansman, I also liked When Two Worlds Collide off VIX.

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...


Dave's penis is also an intercontinental ballistic missile shooting it's payload all over the place.

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Vim Fuego wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:
Aside from The Clansman, I also liked When Two Worlds Collide off VIX.

And Vimto, you must really be looking to take Sol's wacky crown for liking 'Lulu' yet hating 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine mastered Five Magics while James Hetfield is a table...


Dave's penis is also an intercontinental ballistic missile shooting it's payload all over the place.


And Hetfield is a SMALL TOWN GURRL!!!

Page 129 of 135 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/