www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Last Gig Attended.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181
 Last Gig Attended. 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: Last Gig Attended.
Live Evil Berlin. It was ridiculously packed compared to last year, could hardly move for some bands, still very enjoyable.
Bang - Excellent, like a more happy mix of Pentagram and Sabbath. Need to check out their albums now, not sure why I haven't done before really... 4/5.
Barrow Wight - slightly sloppy, punky thrash. Good fun. 3/5.
Black Magic - great band, new material is much more melodic and Blue Öyster Cult-ish. Their next album should be really big, even though the singer seems to be turning into Noel Fielding. 4/5.
Ranger - brilliant as always, total thrashing madness. 5/5.
Albez Duz - classic doom with occasional screechy black vocals. Pretty good. 3/5.
Division Speed - very good, proper thrash. 4/5.
Maggot Heart - new band of the woman from the Oath. Sounded like a cross between the last In Solitude album and Blondie. Meh. 2/5.
Solstice - really good, current singer nails the old stuff really well. Probably had the smallest crowd of the fest surprisingly. 4/5.
Saturnine - all girl sludgy black/doom. Got a bit samey, nice Bathory cover though. 2/5.
Possession - excellent, really intense. Caused the most violent moshpit of the day. 4/5.
(Dolch) - hard to describe, sort of post-black/doom with female vocals, was all quite sleepy, like a lullaby. Quite good though. 3/5.
Aura Noir - did what they always do. 4/5.
Malicious - more black/thrash, loads of bands doing this sort of thing, also not helped by broken guitar strings. 2/5.

Last edited by Johnny Guitar on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:45 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Kraftwerk - Astounding. New arrangements of most of the tracks meant they sounded as fresh as any current act (and loud!), the 3D was necessarily retro but spectacular, the robots were... robotic but a nice touch. Two hour set, the only break being when they dropped the curtain to bring the aforementioned automatons in and out. The band even bobbed their heads and tapped their toes from time to time (fun boys). Slightly anticlimactic finish, ending with Techno Pop, Musique Non-Stop and Boing Boom Tschak but that was only by comparison with the previous material, it was still great.

Straight into my top five gigs, no doubt. 5/5.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:38 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Voivod tonight, utterly brilliant. 5.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Was at Electric Wizard in Newcastle last night. Wasn't sure what to expect, as I had never seen them before and heard quite conflicting reports on how they are live. I thought they were pretty good to be honest, the psychedelic projections were quite trippy and went well with the music. Definately sounded better live too, much punchier. Opener Riddles were good too, really energetic and quite 60s influenced , will check them out further. Angel Witch bored the shit out of me though, just one of those bands I really don't understand the hype over.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:58 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Bloodstock.
It wasn't shit.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I'm just back from Damnation and it was an excellent event, as usual.

Barrabus were absolutely superb at the pre-show bash the night before. Immortal Bird weren't too bad either. As for the day itself, bands of the day were Sodom, Grave Pleasures, Paradise Lost and Dragged into Sunlight. Honourable mentions go to Myrkur, Wiegedood and Agorophobic Nosebleed.

Nails and Mutation were shit.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Couldn't get in to see Nails as it was too full. Was right at the front for Mutation and it just sounded like a load of distortion. Myrkur sounded good but saw fuck all as a 6'5" guy with really wide shoulders stood infront of me. He had a nice T shirt though.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Necrolee wrote:
Couldn't get in to see Nails as it was too full. Was right at the front for Mutation and it just sounded like a load of distortion. Myrkur sounded good but saw fuck all as a 6'5" guy with really wide shoulders stood infront of me. He had a nice T shirt though.

We got in pretty early for Nails but left after about 5 minutes and went and got some food. A friend of mine was helping out behind the scenes on the day and said the main Nails bloke was absolutely off his head and it appeared like the rest of the band were there to be his carers.

I, and several others, suffered from "tall bloke syndrome" during Dragged into Sunlight: I think gig positioning should be graded by height: Tallest at the back :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Totally agree. ;)

Glad Shallowthing doesn't post on here anymore.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181