www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Last Gig Attended.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 181  Next
 Last Gig Attended. 
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Post Re: Last Gig Attended.
Saw 65daysofstatic last night. Considering I don't really like them, I was very impressed. Pretty unbelievable sound.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:45 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Gogol Bordello at Hammersmith Apollo, really good although the sound wasn't amazing and some of the instruments got buried in the mix. They had loads of energy throwing themselves around the stage like madmen and madwoman, the pit was way more intense than I was expecting. I didn't even know they had a new album out and some of the new material did sound a little different, the previous two albums were interchangable.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Doom Over Siam today.

6 bands playing.

1. Zygoatsis (Thailand)
2. Nuclear Warfare (Thailand)
3. Defamation (Thailand)
4. Witchrist (NZ)
5. Surrender Of Divinity (Thailand)
6. Diocletian (NZ)

The ticket listing had them different so we missed farking Zygoatsis!!! They share a drummer with Surrender Of Divinity so they went on first because he needed to break between sets apparently. First band we saw was Defamation. Black br00tal death type of thing. Enthusiasm and attitude, 5 fists. Execution and songs, 2.

Witchrist followed. If Deathcore is BREEE, is sludgecore BROOOOOOO? Witchrist do it sloooow and with minimal mixing it up. The sound was pretty terrible. 2 fists.

Surrender Of Devinity were next. I hadn't seen them in a few years. They hadn't changed a huge amount. Crap sound again. A pissed-up Western dude who'd caught our eye seig-heiling in the crowd and acting a bit weird did something to piss the guitarist off. He launched off the stage at him, fists flailing. Some guy in the crown then launched a flying kick at him as well. We got him the fuck out of there quick for fear of his life. It turned out he'd been spitting at the guitarist. Their set was ok. Shit sound again but they have a couple of belters. 3 fists (in parts).

This chap on the left was the one who flew off the stage.

Lastly were Diocletian, who seemed like an instrument swap-around version of Witchrist.
They did mono-beat br00tal death which had me looking at my watch and wondering what was on tv this evening. 1 fist.

Punter with upside-down bone cross and blood facepaint + Dead Kitten doing oranges.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:10 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Myrddyn wrote:
Gogol Bordello at Hammersmith Apollo, really good although the sound wasn't amazing and some of the instruments got buried in the mix. They had loads of energy throwing themselves around the stage like madmen and madwoman, the pit was way more intense than I was expecting. I didn't even know they had a new album out and some of the new material did sound a little different, the previous two albums were interchangable.

I was tempted to go to that just to see The Bronx

Sat May 08, 2010 8:08 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Bolt Thrower + Benediction + Rotting christ and maybe some others.

Caught the last 30 mins of RC's set. It consisted of the vocalist wearing the same god damn t-shirt he's worn in every single RC promo pic, generally looking like a bellend. I enjoy the band musically, but they weren't exactly stunning live.

Benediction. I don't give a shit that you're from birmingham, you're fucking terrible.

Bolt Thrower. Enjoyed them, but the Vocalist seems to be the only one who gives a damn. Still, it was good to see them live.

2/5 fist event.

Sun May 09, 2010 2:59 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

James wrote:
Myrddyn wrote:

We missed them by the time we got in, they were credited as Mariachi El Bronx, so I assume they were just playing stuff from the last album.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:35 am
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Offering wrote:
ToR wrote:
Bolt Thrower + Benediction + Rotting christ and maybe some others.

Caught the last 30 mins of RC's set. It consisted of the vocalist wearing the same god damn t-shirt he's worn in every single RC promo pic, generally looking like a bellend. I enjoy the band musically, but they weren't exactly stunning live.

Benediction. I don't give a shit that you're from birmingham, you're fucking terrible.

Bolt Thrower. Enjoyed them, but the Vocalist seems to be the only one who gives a damn. Still, it was good to see them live.

2/5 fist event.

Your review certainly sounds typical of both Benediction and Bolt Thrower. Bolt Thrower have been doing shows like that since 1989!

...and Rotting Christ are shit anyway, so...

Yeah, Benediction really pissed me off with "WE'RE FROM BIRMINGHAM! HAVE I TOLD YOU LOT HOW WE ARE ACTUALLY FROM BIRMINGHAM? AND WE'RE PLAYING IN BIRMINGHAM RIGHT NOW!". Menial, but it annoyed me. Really, the reason I went to the show was just to see Bolt Thrower live.

Now I don't have to bother again.

Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Offering wrote:
I saw them when they were good, and even then they weren't exactly an amazing live band. Stand on your spot and headbang type show.

At least their material was better in those days.

Thats essentially what it was last night. Some Fat Goth girl had her tits out most of the night too. It was wrong.

"Those Once Loyal" is a good album though.

Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Myrddyn wrote:
James wrote:
Myrddyn wrote:

We missed them by the time we got in, they were credited as Mariachi El Bronx, so I assume they were just playing stuff from the last album.

Mariachi El Bronx is not quite The Bronx, it's the Mariachi version of the band though with I believe some different members.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:41 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Wormrot, Unkind, The Afternoon Gentlemen and Year Of The Flood at The Old Angel on Saturday.

Sick.

The Mongoloids, Something Inside and Times Together at The Central earlier today.

Badass.

Sun May 09, 2010 8:11 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

A friend gave me a spare ticket to Pavement at the Brixton Academy today. I know very little about Pavement but I wanted a break from revision so I decided to go. Opening band Sic Alps were pretty difficult to hear through an utterly horrific sound, but what I could make out didn't seem awful. Pavement were lots of fun, they've only been back together for a couple of months and it was obvious they were really enjoying it. Couldn't quite see how they've acquired this "legendary" status among the Pitchfork crowd from their music, but they had a few quite catchy tunes, and I might investigate them further. Fun night.

Thu May 13, 2010 1:41 am
Steve wrote:
A friend gave me a spare ticket to Pavement at the Brixton Academy today. I know very little about Pavement but I wanted a break from revision so I decided to go. Opening band Sic Alps were pretty difficult to hear through an utterly horrific sound, but what I could make out didn't seem awful. Pavement were lots of fun, they've only been back together for a couple of months and it was obvious they were really enjoying it. Couldn't quite see how they've acquired this "legendary" status among the Pitchfork crowd from their music, but they had a few quite catchy tunes, and I might investigate them further. Fun night.

You bastard! I wanted to go to that! I wanted to see Broken Social Scene as the support which I think was maybe Tuesday.

Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 am
Did they play Cut Your Hair?

Thu May 13, 2010 1:47 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Broken Social Scene are tomorrow, there might still be some tickets on the door (apparently there were 30 today). I would have preferred to go on Monday to see Wooden Shjips, but if the sound was that bad for all the supports I'm quite glad I didn't. They did play Cut Yr Hair, it was one of the only two songs I recognised (the other was Two States).

Thu May 13, 2010 1:56 am
Steve wrote:
Broken Social Scene are tomorrow, there might still be some tickets on the door (apparently there were 30 today). I would have preferred to go on Monday to see Wooden Shjips, but if the sound was that bad for all the supports I'm quite glad I didn't. They did play Cut Yr Hair, it was one of the only two songs I recognised (the other was Two States).

Do you like The Shins, Steve?

Thu May 13, 2010 2:10 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Edward Penishands wrote:

Are you a breasts or legs man, Steve?

Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Edward Penishands wrote:
Steve wrote:

I've always assumed I would, but for some reason I've never got round to listening to them. Where'd be a good place to start?

Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 am
Steve wrote:
Edward Penishands wrote:
Steve wrote:

I've always assumed I would, but for some reason I've never got round to listening to them. Where'd be a good place to start?

The album Oh, Inverted World. And do you like Neutral Milk Hotel?

Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Neutral Milk Hotel are (were) great. Mental, but great. I've only heard ITAOTS and Jeff Mangum's solo live album, which are both amazing.

Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm
Steve wrote:
Neutral Milk Hotel are (were) great. Mental, but great. I've only heard ITAOTS and Jeff Mangum's solo live album, which are both amazing.

That's fine. On Avery Island was a massive disappointment when I finally got round to listening to it. I got in to them years ago after seeing someone with a ITAOTS tattoo!

Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 181  Next