www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Babymetal: What the fucking fuck?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Babymetal: What the fucking fuck? 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Babymetal: What the fucking fuck?
Cuchulainn wrote:
I know there's a few lads here who love all this Jap teen-pop stuff and that's fair enough, but labelling this garbage 'metal' is wrong. With any luck Gallhammer will encounter these bints and kick their snatches in.

Gallhammer suck almost as badly as they do imo.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:

Someone looks happy.

That's a brilliant picture.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Astro Black wrote:
I saw Baby Metal at Sonisphere. It's all a bit pointless, but the best thing about them is watching PROPAH METALLERS get the arse because it "isn't proper metal" or whatever. Grow up. Who cares? Harmless and stupid shit, just don't listen to them. The funniest update I read was something along the lines of "Jesus, genuine metal bands are struggling for work and all this money and promotion is being put nto this shit? I'm DISGUSTED" (or words to that effect). Blamimg them because his shitty band sucks and doesn't get to do anything. DEY TOOK ER JERBS.

That is absurd Was. It's perfectly legitimate to complain about something shitty getting promoted over things that are not.

Astro Black wrote:
The other funny thing was all the photos of the Baby Metal girls with REAL METAL FOLK - Anthrax, Jeff Walker, Slayer, and well, everyone who played Sonisphere.

Anthrax and Slayer will do anything for promotion and money, that much has been clear for a long time.

Shit, i'd take pics with cute Japanese girls too!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Meh, whatever.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Rob Zombie defending BM now.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... ic-fashion

Other journos have been defending them as well. Seems the trendy position is to go against the backlash now.

Tue May 10, 2016 9:02 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Cromwell wrote:
Slipknot are fucking bollocks. Big pop choruses and well marketed image. They are a total commercial project and not any more metal than Babymetal. I don't care how hardcore they all insist they were live, they are a pop band playing metal.

Virtually every single chorus I've ever heard in any Slipknot song ever, sounds like something you'd have heard on Dawson's Creek in the late 90's - as the credits are rolling and two photogenic looking teenagers are walking hand in hand down a high school hallway.

Not that I ever watched Dawson's Creek.

:|

Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

robitusson wrote:
Rob Zombie defending BM now.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... ic-fashion

Other journos have been defending them as well. Seems the trendy position is to go against the backlash now.

I had a looksee on some site or other and found out that Rob Zombie is "worth" something like US$60 million.

Just another reason to hate him I suppose. Not that I needed another reason.

Bastard.

Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't know why Rob Zombie does shit like that. His bank balance probably explains his behaviour though.

Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Fri May 13, 2016 11:49 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Fuck off, Blacky!! :lol:

Fri May 13, 2016 11:57 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

She gets it! More metal than most!

Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

It must have been 2 years or more ago I first heard Baby Metal. I thought 'Doki Doki Morning' was funny and bizarrely catchy, but I never in my wildest dreams imagined they would one day play Wembley Arena. One track is fun, but that's it. I actually heard the album and found it very boring.
So I've gone from thinking it was an amusing one off track to thinking 'fuck off' and take 'Steel Panther' with you.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

In the future, people'll look back at the last five years or so as being possibly the worst time for metal since the cock rock era, and maybe even worse than that.

J-pop with clumsily bolted-on guitars here, billowy-skirt sub-Kate Bush/Lloyd-Webber stuff there. Not that I'm saying Chicks Can't Rock, of course, but Christ on a crutch, this is a low point.

Worst of all, and noticeably unlike with cock rock groups, you have people such as Rob Zombie (and Shane Embury a while ago as well, I think) defending them with pretty much the exact same routine that people defend Simon Cowell's effusions with: "well, they're successful and people like them so they must be doing something right..." Yeah, well, SO WAS HITLER.

Fri May 13, 2016 3:04 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

blacklorre wrote:

That is utter shite and if you honestly like it, you're a cunt.

Fri May 13, 2016 3:47 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:
blacklorre wrote:

That is utter shite and if you honestly like it, you're a cunt.

Maybe not a cunt but you would need to have something wrong with you

Fri May 13, 2016 4:01 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Godwin's Law: tick

Fri May 13, 2016 6:04 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Mali wrote:
It must have been 2 years or more ago I first heard Baby Metal. I thought 'Doki Doki Morning' was funny and bizarrely catchy, but I never in my wildest dreams imagined they would one day play Wembley Arena. One track is fun, but that's it. I actually heard the album and found it very boring.
So I've gone from thinking it was an amusing one off track to thinking 'fuck off' and take 'Steel Panther' with you.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:55 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I have to agree on BABYMETAL. I wonder how long they'll be able to carry this novelty. They certainly aren't completely horrible however the level of fandom they've achieved in such a short space of time is completely over the top when compared to their actual musical merit.

Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

No, they aren't complete and utter shit, but they aren't particularly great either.

I heard their new album from start to finish last week, and I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't anything good on it. I just can't see myself listening to it much. and while they are clearly quite popular, that style will never translate to mainstream western listeners. It's always going to be a niche thing.

Babymetal are often defended on the grounds that they are the new gateway metal band that will bring young kids into metal that may have otherwise ignored it. So basically we should 'defend' them if we want to keep the genre alive. or something.

Sun May 15, 2016 4:29 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I wonder if they are a symptom of where Metal in particular and music in general currently is, atomised and regressive. It's hard to look at them as anything other than a novelty act, certainly that's how they would have perceived in any past era. They aren't terrible or even necessarily bad but they aren't great either, if they get to four or five albums maybe we can talk about them not being a novelty. The tedious anti-backlash backlash is irritating too, with assorted old farts embarrassing us if not themselves defending something pretty disposable and derivative.

Sun May 15, 2016 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next