www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - "I only like their first album..."
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 "I only like their first album..." 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: "I only like their first album..."
Vim Fuego wrote:

It's the emperor's new clothes. No one was brave enough to call bullshit.

Vim blasting away bullshit here. 8-)

Whether people like that early Darkthrone stuff or not is irrelevant. The fact is it was really the first time in metal that the poor quality was the reason something was hyped. They were actively trying to be bad. ...but of course it wasn't shit if you went along with the storyline.

opaline wrote:
No one's musical taste should be considered to be better than someone else's.

Except they are ALWAYS better or worse than each other.

Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I fucking loved Soulside so when I went into our local metal shop in town and was told the new Darkthrone was in I was fucking well up for it. I believe 'What the fuck is this shit?' were my words when I was handed the thing and looked at the cover...

Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Cuchulainn wrote:
I fucking loved Soulside so when I went into our local metal shop in town and was told the new Darkthrone was in I was fucking well up for it. I believe 'What the fuck is this shit?' were my words when I was handed the thing and looked at the cover...

Do you say the same thing about "noise" bands as well?? I always thought being a "metal head" was all about embracing musical forms that the average listener would approach with disdain and being open minded.

Reminds me of remarks made by that utter cockfuck pretender, Dani Filth, when handed a Wolf Eyes cd.

Embrace the abnormal.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:46 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I've never listened to 'noise' bands, as you put it. I'd never heard the Darkthrone demos, which were actually more in line with what they would become, so, to a degree, Soulside (and to a lesser extent, Goatlord) were 'out-of-character' for them. I'm not a black metal fan in general, so once I was confronted with a black-and-white cover with some cunt in make-up I was a bit 'What the fuck?'.
Doesn't change the fact that Soulside Journey is a DM classic. I just couldn't really give a monkey's about anything after that.

Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Paris Chrome wrote:

Embrace the abnormal.

Even when it's hyped up shit?

Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Paris Chrome wrote:
Do you say the same thing about "noise" bands as well?? I always thought being a "metal head" was all about embracing musical forms that the average listener would approach with disdain and being open minded.

Reminds me of remarks made by that utter cockfuck pretender, Dani Filth, when handed a Wolf Eyes cd.

Embrace the abnormal.

Really?

Do you think so? I would have thought that wouldn't really ring true in general.

Metal tends to be small-minded and closeted. This forum having J/K-pop fans long before Babymetal and being in common with noise/PE forums being very unusual.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Tea Earl Grey Hot wrote:

Metal tends to be small-minded and closeted.

Speak for yourself!

Wed May 25, 2016 9:15 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Tea Earl Grey Hot wrote:
Paris Chrome wrote:

Embrace the abnormal.

Really?

Do you think so? I would have thought that wouldn't really ring true in general.

Metal tends to be small-minded and closeted. This forum having J/K-pop fans long before Babymetal and being in common with noise/PE forums being very unusual.

I have to say, I have never found this to be true. I was closed minded for periods of my youth, but overall, I'd contend that metal heads are far more broadened out than most others. We are CONSTANTLY listening to other people's music because that's what's most prominent, but most people can't even stomach to have more extreme music in their ears for even a little bit.

Recently, I got a job nudge that allowed me to customize some space with my own tunes. I can't even play something as innocuous as CLUTCH or COC without someone coming through and turning it down, or off or otherwise bitching about wanting to hear something else. Not for 10 minutes. Yet, these same people are forever rocking country music or something we've all heard a thousand times over. I never complain and I never "turn that shit off" those guys because I can just listen to it and not let it get to me. Enjoy much of it, even. That attitude does NOT go both ways when it comes to Metal in general. Just from a tolerance standpoint, metalists are far more forgiving about other people's tastes.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Thu May 26, 2016 1:52 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

robitusson wrote:
Tea Earl Grey Hot wrote:

Metal tends to be small-minded and closeted.

Speak for yourself!

I did you slack-jawed fascist!

Thu May 26, 2016 2:41 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

It's the emperor's new clothes. No one was brave enough to call bullshit.

Vim blasting away bullshit here. 8-)

Whether people like that early Darkthrone stuff or not is irrelevant. The fact is it was really the first time in metal that the poor quality was the reason something was hyped. They were actively trying to be bad. ...but of course it wasn't shit if you went along with the storyline.

Thank you. I feel a bit less insane now. ;)

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:03 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Paris Chrome wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:

Embrace the abnormal.

I've said "What the fuck is this shit?" repeatedly over the years. It's not to do with being open or closed minded. It's about having a bit of quality control. You expect music to progress, not regress. Albums I've said this to:

Metallica - Metallica
Countdown To Extinction - Megadeth
The Ritual - Testament
Cuatro - Flotsam & Jetsam
Far Beyond Driven - Pantera
Set The World On Fire - Annihilator
Heartwork - Carcass
To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth - Entombed
Digimortal - Fear Factory
Pink Bubbles Go Ape - Helloween (followed by a double "What the fucking fuck?" with Chameleon)
The Burning Red - Machine Head
Roots - Sepultura
Love Is For Suckers - Twisted Sister
Obnoxious - Acid Reign

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11