www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Worst touring packages
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Worst touring packages 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Worst touring packages
Duckstyle wrote:

That looks like shit. I wouldn't go to it if it was free entry.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:39 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

At least we know where to put the C-4.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:41 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

The Wretch wrote:
At least we know where to put the C-4.

Do 'em all a favour.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:42 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Tankard & Abigail (Jap) toured here recently. I received a free ticket. I attended. I regretted it.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:44 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:
Annihislater wrote:
WATP wrote:
Maiden with Funeral For A Friend and unless I'm imagining it Trivium?

I'm pretty sure it was both. FFaF on DOD tour, and Trivium on the AMoLaD tour.

Yup.
I saw both tours and hated both supports.

Same. Funeral For A Friend are one of the most pointless bands on the planet.

Stuffstuff wrote:
The Wretch wrote:

Deicide and the sheer tedium and posturing of The Amenta

Caught them touring together in Nottingham. Amenta were grand. Deicide phoned it in.

They were supporting Obituary when I saw them.

The Amenta are of the most mind numbingly boring and repetitive bands I've ever heard/seen, a yawn-worthy blur of nondescript riffs, tippity tappety drums, with some skinny fucker on vocals trying to stare down the uninterested punters with his "scary" bug eyed evulz. The fact they seem to think quite a bit of themselves and were swanning around pouting and flexing their muscles beforehand didn't help matters. Shit sandwich.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:49 am
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

I'm sure a lot of people know this but in case not....

Once a "known" band is announcing a tour it's not uncommon for a little bidding war within labels etc to "buy on" their new bands as the support act - hence why there are often some complete abortions of line ups.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:10 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Deicide (and Cannibal Corpse at one point in their career) are notorious for deliberately picking sub rate support bands so they won't get shown up on stage. That's why most Deicide tours have shit support acts. To be fair to Cannibal Corpse they changed, their co-headline shows with Kreator a good example.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I remember seeing the Gods of Grind tour (Confessor, Cathedral, Entombed and Carcass). Confessor were definitely the odd one out and the audience apathetic/hostile. Shame for the band but Earache may have been better off adding a different band to the bill

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

When Fu Manchu supported Slayer in the SFX (sigh...) in Dublin (2000 I think) there were a certain group of people who fucking hated them, to the point of being abusive. To be fair, the band took it in their stride, with some humour, dedicated a song to one of the most vocal critics, and just got on with the business of being fucking great.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The Wretch wrote:
When Fu Manchu supported Slayer in the SFX (sigh...) in Dublin (2000 I think) there were a certain group of people who fucking hated them, to the point of being abusive. To be fair, the band took it in their stride, with some humour, dedicated a song to one of the most vocal critics, and just got on with the business of being fucking great.

Wouldn't be a massive Fu fan, but I'd rather watch them than Slayer post-RIB.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

They were fucking brilliant at those two gigs though, they even brought out the old guitars from the early days, we got killer versions of Evil Has No Boundaries and Necrophiliac, they fucking tore it up.

It wasn't one of their best setlists overall, but the performances were stellar.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Fu Manchu are a great live band. I saw them back in 98 when they were promoting The Action Is Go. Unfortunately those cunts gave me tinnitus(hah!) but it was a great show.

Still haven't listened to their latest album either. I should get on it. Apparently it's quite good.

In their prime(1996-1999), they were easily one of the best rock bands on the planet.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
In their prime(1996-1999), they were easily one of the best rock bands on the planet.

I'd stretch it to include 2000's King Of The Road LP, but I totally agree. Scott Hill has such an inordinate stash of killer infectious riffs, possibly as many as any man alive.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

King Of The Road came out in 1999 mate, at least in Europe and Australia. I got it for Christmas in 1999.

Either way I agree with you. What was most impressive about them was how effortless they made it all seem. There was nothing contrived about them.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:02 pm
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Saw Sepultura on the Arise tour who brought Fudge Tunnel with them. Wouldn't really be too big a deal nowadays but back them a band with short-haired members, not playing thrash! Wow they got some stick from the hecklers.

My favorite being "that's enough now lads, it's past your bedtime"

Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:12 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
King Of The Road came out in 1999 mate, at least in Europe and Australia. I got it for Christmas in 1999.

I always thought it was early 2000 myself actually, maybe it just came out a bit later here.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:22 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

The Wretch wrote:

They were supporting Obituary when I saw them.

The Amenta are of the most mind numbingly boring and repetitive bands I've ever heard/seen, a yawn-worthy blur of nondescript riffs, tippity tappety drums, with some skinny fucker on vocals trying to stare down the uninterested punters with his "scary" bug eyed evulz. The fact they seem to think quite a bit of themselves and were swanning around pouting and flexing their muscles beforehand didn't help matters. Shit sandwich.

I love them on record but they do suffer from clicky-drum syndrome that took off in 2000. Ho hum.

To me Benton just looked bored. All the bands were tight as fuck but Benton was just clocking in his ounchcard that night and no mistake. No passion whatsoever.

It was probably because it was a smaller venue. Didn't feel the need to put in the effort. Ho hum.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Skid Row supported by Send No Flowers (1995).

This seems odd in retrospect as SNF had a grunge sound to them and Skid Row were fucking awesome.

Def Leppard supported by Terrorvision (1996).

Maybe it's just me but I thought it was an odd bill. Mainly because I hate Terrorvision. Muggy little cunts.

Soil and Skinlab supported by Sugarcoma (2002).

Because...Sugarcoma.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
Clint Ruin wrote:
Incendiary post punk/industrial rock icons Killing Joke inexplicably back up saggy-arsed walking advert for erectile dysfunction Motley Crue.

Was that when Corabi was singing with Motley Crue, around the time of Pendemonium for Killing Joke? Rings a bell.

Nah, summer of 2005 or thereabouts. KJ weren't promoting anything at the time so I can only assume that either a.) Jaz received an enormous tax bill and figured being a support act would be easier than arranging a headline tour or b.) the recording sessions for 'Hosannas' were shaping up to be so stressful that being potentially in the same room as Vince Neil was tolerable in comparison.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I definitely remember Paradise Lost supported by Novocaine on the One Second tour. That was a bit strange, even if P.L. were at their most poppy. I can't remember how Novocaine went down with the whole crowd but my mate gave them stick all the way through. He later wussed out and apologised to the singer in the toilet.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next