www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 2290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
 Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2 
Author Message
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44758
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
I didn't give it more than 2 or 3 listens before forgetting about it. Did nothing for me but I should revisit and give it a proper chance, it took a while for BGWTB to grow on me.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 am
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1352
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
New Runemagick song here: https://runemagick.bandcamp.com/track/r ... le-version

It's alright, but not too exciting.


Sat May 05, 2018 12:21 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Solaris wrote:
I didn't give it more than 2 or 3 listens before forgetting about it. Did nothing for me but I should revisit and give it a proper chance, it took a while for BGWTB to grow on me.


Apples and oranges. Appreciating Blue had more to do with accepting that they had moved on but still essentially sounded the same but didn't. Once the shock was over, we (i.e the fans) were ready for new material. When it finally arrived, it just disappointed.

_________________
Image


Sat May 05, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 1372
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Stat_Rad wrote:
Solaris wrote:
I didn't give it more than 2 or 3 listens before forgetting about it. Did nothing for me but I should revisit and give it a proper chance, it took a while for BGWTB to grow on me.


Apples and oranges. Appreciating Blue had more to do with accepting that they had moved on but still essentially sounded the same but didn't. Once the shock was over, we (i.e the fans) were ready for new material. When it finally arrived, it just disappointed.


DPDH didn't disappoint at all: Yes, it's not as good as BGWTB, but It's still a good album, with some cracking choons. I particularly like Phantom Limb.

The new single sounds pretty good and I'm looking forward to the album.

_________________
Image


Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:54 am
Posts: 1061
Location: Melbourne
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Image


NIN - Bad Witch (June 22)

_________________
Tool are lying about their new album. There IS no new album.


Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1352
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
New Immortal track up!



Not bad at all - more aggressive than I expected for sure.


Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Paris Chrome wrote:
Image


NIN - Bad Witch (June 22)



Wasn't that meant to be an e.p? Guess they expanded it.

Their stint at Columbia didn't last long. Guess Trent finally decided that he didn't need the backing of a major label. He tends to flip-flop on that issue.

_________________
Image


Sat May 12, 2018 5:56 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6279
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Can't say that I'm excited. It's been a very long time since Nine Inch Nails have released any genuinely new material that's interested me. Almost 20 years in fact.


Sat May 12, 2018 9:02 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
He has been hit and miss since 1999, but Hesitation Marks was his best in a long time.

_________________
Image


Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44758
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Year Zero is the last one of his that interested me, and that eas inferior to With Teeth. His scores with Atticus Ross are terrible, too.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Sat May 12, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 am
Posts: 7106
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
doomrider wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
Solaris wrote:
I didn't give it more than 2 or 3 listens before forgetting about it. Did nothing for me but I should revisit and give it a proper chance, it took a while for BGWTB to grow on me.


Apples and oranges. Appreciating Blue had more to do with accepting that they had moved on but still essentially sounded the same but didn't. Once the shock was over, we (i.e the fans) were ready for new material. When it finally arrived, it just disappointed.


DPDH didn't disappoint at all: Yes, it's not as good as BGWTB, but It's still a good album, with some cracking choons. I particularly like Phantom Limb.

The new single sounds pretty good and I'm looking forward to the album.

Definitely agree with Doomrider here


Sat May 12, 2018 5:18 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6279
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Stat_Rad wrote:
He has been hit and miss since 1999, but Hesitation Marks was his best in a long time.


I thought it was pretty weak personally.


Sat May 12, 2018 10:33 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6279
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Solaris wrote:
Year Zero is the last one of his that interested me, and that eas inferior to With Teeth. His scores with Atticus Ross are terrible, too.


The last Nine Inch Nails album that really grabbed me was the unplugged one "Still" although I do enjoy that recent release with all the instrumental versions of "The Fragile".


Sat May 12, 2018 11:52 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
opaline wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
He has been hit and miss since 1999, but Hesitation Marks was his best in a long time.


I thought it was pretty weak personally.


So did I at first, but it really grew on me.

I definitely prefer it to Year Zero which I also liked, but the songs aren't as good.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
ajk70 wrote:
Definitely agree with Doomrider here


I'm speaking more in general terms. If you look around, it's clear that Dinosaurs wasn't anywhere near as well received as Blue and it didn't sell as many copies either.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2018 2:59 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6279
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
That's true Stat. It generally wasn't as well received but I definitely think "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" is a heavily underrated album & I have a lot of time for it personally. I think it just wasn't as immediate as "Blue Gives Way To Black" which left people feeling a bit empty but I've found myself appreciating it more & more over time.


Sun May 13, 2018 3:08 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6279
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Stat_Rad wrote:
opaline wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
He has been hit and miss since 1999, but Hesitation Marks was his best in a long time.


I thought it was pretty weak personally.


So did I at first, but it really grew on me.

I definitely prefer it to Year Zero which I also liked, but the songs aren't as good.


I prefer "Year Zero" personally. In fact I think it was probably his best new material since the turn of the century but it still doesn't do a huge amount for me.


Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
^^It isn't a bad album by any means. It grew on me a little, but not enough. Then again, I probably only listened to it a handful of times in its entirety.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2018 3:12 am
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:54 am
Posts: 1061
Location: Melbourne
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Supposedly the new NIN is "noisy, abstract and uncompromising".

That's good news. It's about time that band started sounding "dangerous" again.

Been coasting for waaaay to long (although I did quite like Hesitation Marks and Not The Actual Events).

_________________
Tool are lying about their new album. There IS no new album.


Sun May 13, 2018 4:39 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21603
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
See I don't want them noisy. Year Zero was noisier than Hesitation Marks and I found it a lot less listenable.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2018 4:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.