www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 2374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 119  Next
 Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2 
Author Message
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44863
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Image

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:55 pm
Profile
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 am
Posts: 456
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Ahh one of those...

Image


Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
I heard the new track from The Faceless today and think it sounds relatively ace. Adding a few more dynamics into their sound than were on Autotheism. People who can't abide tech-death are gonna find it irrevocably wanky, but I dig this. Still no idea when the new album is gonna come out but apparently it's going to be called "In Becoming a Ghost".



Also Norwegian Shining have a new record coming out on the 23rd october, gonna check out the 2 tracks that have dropped from that so far later. Excited!


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:14 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21831
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Apart from Baroness, are there any other big metal releases out in the next few months? I hope not because I have spent way too much on music this year, easily more than the last few years.

From now until Christmas it's just thenew Mercury Rev, Joanna Newsom and Cee-Lo releases for me.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
I believe Deftones are due to have a new album out this year, though that may be early 2016.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21831
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
ah, forgot about that! It is supposedly due in November but no songs or details have been released yet to my knowledge.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Yeah that's what I thought. I read a 3 page feature with them in Metal Hammer a couple of months ago but they were quite vague and schtum about what the album actually sounded like. I am absolutely shitting myself with excitement all the same.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:33 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
I completely forgot about the new Clutch! The one track I've heard was maybe one of my favourite things they've ever done so yeah, really looking out for that.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:38 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21831
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
How did I forget about Clutch!??!! I'll definitely be picking that up.

FEED: Have you heard the whole thing already?

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:48 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm
Posts: 1777
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
MarmiteDanish wrote:
Yeah that's what I thought. I read a 3 page feature with them in Metal Hammer a couple of months ago but they were quite vague and schtum about what the album actually sounded like. I am absolutely shitting myself with excitement all the same.



Will they ever release Eros or is that dead in the water?


Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:02 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Stuffstuff wrote:
MarmiteDanish wrote:
Yeah that's what I thought. I read a 3 page feature with them in Metal Hammer a couple of months ago but they were quite vague and schtum about what the album actually sounded like. I am absolutely shitting myself with excitement all the same.



Will they ever release Eros or is that dead in the water?


Nah I think they completely binned it a while ago. Could be wrong though! I just have a vague memory of reading that somewhere.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:06 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21831
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
FeedMeVibration wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
FEED: Have you heard the whole thing already?


Had it for a little while.


Is better or worse than the last album?

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:11 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6333
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Satan album out 16/10

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 am
Posts: 5919
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
MarmiteDanish wrote:

Also Norwegian Shining have a new record coming out on the 23rd october, gonna check out the 2 tracks that have dropped from that so far later. Excited!


Last one was a big step down after Blackjazz.


Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:38 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17593
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Satan album out 16/10

I wrote a review for the new Satan album this week.
It gets a positive write up.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21831
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Does anyone here care about the upcoming Megadeth release? I'm curious to hear what it's going to sound like with a different guitarist and drummer, but I'm not expecting a huge improvement from the previous albums in terms of songwriting.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:54 am
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 890
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Myrddin wrote:
MarmiteDanish wrote:

Also Norwegian Shining have a new record coming out on the 23rd october, gonna check out the 2 tracks that have dropped from that so far later. Excited!


Last one was a big step down after Blackjazz.


I still really liked it though.

Just listened to the two tracks from the new album that have dropped and I quite enjoyed them, but they're easily the most accessible thing the band have ever done. There's a lovely, tortured saxophone solo on 'The last Stand', which is a huge amount of fun as well, but 'Last Day' sounds almost like something late-era Skindred would do at some moments. There's a slight gothic, industrial tinge to them too. Both of them are heavy, groovy and anthemic but if you thought One One One was a step down then you may not be feeling these new tunes.


Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6333
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Stat_Rad wrote:
Does anyone here care about the upcoming Megadeth release? I'm curious to hear what it's going to sound like with a different guitarist and drummer, but I'm not expecting a huge improvement from the previous albums in terms of songwriting.

I don't, megadeth have been shit for 20 years.

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:18 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 am
Posts: 5919
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
MarmiteDanish wrote:
Myrddin wrote:
MarmiteDanish wrote:

Also Norwegian Shining have a new record coming out on the 23rd october, gonna check out the 2 tracks that have dropped from that so far later. Excited!


Last one was a big step down after Blackjazz.


I still really liked it though.

Just listened to the two tracks from the new album that have dropped and I quite enjoyed them, but they're easily the most accessible thing the band have ever done. There's a lovely, tortured saxophone solo on 'The last Stand', which is a huge amount of fun as well, but 'Last Day' sounds almost like something late-era Skindred would do at some moments. There's a slight gothic, industrial tinge to them too. Both of them are heavy, groovy and anthemic but if you thought One One One was a step down then you may not be feeling these new tunes.


I listened to one track, as you said, I did not "feel it". Will give the album a whirl though. This publicity photo made me laugh:
Image


Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 4229
Location: Australia.
Post Re: Forthcoming Albums Vol. 2
Personally I haven't been interested in (apart from 'The System Has Failed') or purchased any of the post-'Risk' Megadeth albums. Even with fresh blood (even if it is a new lead guitarist), they pretty much go as Mustaine goes (and he hasn't been going well in a while bar the odd song here and there).

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 119  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.