www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Fuck me that sounds like another band's song.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fuck me that sounds like another band's song. 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Fuck me that sounds like another band's song.
FeedMeVibration wrote:
We might have done this before,

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5587

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

robitusson wrote:
FeedMeVibration wrote:
We might have done this before,

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5587

One of the first things he said was that it's not a 'bits of songs that sound like bits of other songs thread'. :?

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I can hear a Prong influence in that song, but it's not the kind of song that Prong would actually write. I say that as a fan of both bands too. I still listen to Prong and am looking forward to their new album.

There has always been a whiff of Prong in Machine Head, especially in their early years

Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Where do you think Machine Head got the idea to tune their guitars like that? Think about the era we are talking about here. It was only really Pantera , Prong and Biohazard that were playing that way when Machine Head's Burn My Eyes was recorded. I can hear all three influences on Burn My Eyes.

I don't see why that song is any more Prong sounding than any of their others. I don't recall Prong ever having a drum beat like that, and their guitars never sounded that muddy. Their sound was a classic mid range scoop with a bit of noise.

Anyway, it's no biggie, just a difference in opinion.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:54 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

How can you discuss Prong without discussing their sound first? That mid range scoop is Prong. It's what defines their sound.

THe only thing that is reminiscent of Prong structurally to me in this song is having that down tuned bass chugging away during the verse.

I like that Machine Head song too. It's one of the highlights of The Burning Red. Thanks for posting it. It brought back memories (of old times unrelated to Prong) ;)

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:10 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

First time I heard Obliteration I thought they sounded exactly like Autopsy, and I loved that

I've got a couple of their albums since then that are less Autopsy sounding but still great

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:03 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
Once again, speaking of compositional qualities, which are distinct from 'sound'. To wit, you could bang out a 'Prong' song, compositionally speaking, on an acoustic if you fancied.

Their sound is mostly based on 'heavy rhythms', so I can't imagine the songs standing up too well when converted to an acoustic medium. I'd like to see somebody try! There isn't a whole lot of melody there.

The Burning Red is 4 fists.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:30 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:

The Burning Red is 4 fists.

The Burning Red is fucking awful!

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:59 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
Nah. Supercharger is fucking awful. The Burning Red is decent, if not what you'd want from Machine Head.

Both of those albums put me off Machine Head for a good ten years. It was only Unto The Locust which got me interested enough to have a look back at The Blackening and the other one before it.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Unto The Locust? Really? That's their worst album for me (yes, worse than Supercharger), I actually laughed out loud at the children's choir bit. The last one is far superior, as is Through The Ashes Of Empires. Even The Blackening (bloated and overrated though it is) pisses on it.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Unto The Locust? Really? That's their worst album for me (yes, worse than Supercharger), I actually laughed out loud at the children's choir bit. The last one is far superior, as is Through The Ashes Of Empires. Even The Blackening (bloated and overrated though it is) pisses on it.

I just call 'em as I hear 'em. Supercharger is a nu-metal abortion, and The Burning Red was leaning that way.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:58 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Oh no, Supercharger is definitely shit, no question about it. I just thought UTL was even worse, and a strange one to bring you back to the band.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

My stepson wanted Unto The Locust, so I bought it and listened to it before I gave it to him. I was just thankful it wasn't nu-metal I suppose.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:04 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't hate Supercharger. It has a few good songs. It isn't well produced though and there are some awful songs on it. Overall I feel it's ok. Maybe 3 fists.

I agree with Sol that Locust is their worst album. It's dull as dishwater.

On the subject of Prong, they have a new album out in February:

^Sounds like business as usual.

Their last two albums were really good though so I'll definitely check it out. Their music sounds less choppy and more fluid than ever really. The direct approach to songwriting definitely works in their favour. Sure they will never be as innovative as they once were, but I'm enjoying Victor's late career resurgence.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

UTL was on par with The Blackening for me - both were really dull and overrated. Just stick to the first two, TTAOE and the new one.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:04 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^The last one was easily their best since in a while.

The Blackening has some great songs, but it's not consistent enough for me.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:09 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Funny how noone here rates The Blackening. It was Metal Hammer's album of the decade for the 2000's...

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:13 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Tells you everything you need to know about that rag. Then, anyway, I haven't even flicked through it for at least a decade.

Thr Blackening is all over the place. Overlong - as are the individual tracks - with songs that have no cohesion or flow, just loads of riffs thrown together to fill the time. Much like St. Anger, though obviously not as utterly shit. It has its moments but just isn't very good. So, of course, I bought the 3-disc version...

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:15 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Funny how noone here rates The Blackening. It was Metal Hammer's album of the decade for the 2000's...

As if MH are any kind of musical authority? They actively debated dropping the word 'metal' from the title of their mag in the late 90's but changed their tune in the early 00's and decided to be DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH!!! Instead. They also went through a phase of having an Iron Maiden feature every other issue.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Good thread!

Common, give yourself a chance!
https://music.yandex.ru/users/lecter-zador/playlists/3

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next