www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Phil Anselmo (racism in metal) 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)
Stat_Rad wrote:
Ok, I understand that, but there is a way of handling it, and I don't think Flynn handled it correctly. That's my opinion.

What should he have done then?

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:02 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The comments that Phil apparently made to Rob Flynn about a certain period of Machine Heads career are just as shocking as his white power stage antics & I don't blame Rob for finding them to be both very disappointing & quite offensive. Personally I think it's more than just a dumb drunken fuckhead saying something stupid & I can understand Rob trying to distance himself from it. This sort of shit has to be eradicated from society & allowing a well-known public figure to get away with it without consequence is really sending the wrong message as far as I'm concerned. How we approach incidents like this is a reflection on the moral beliefs of the entire society & I think we have a duty to make an example of it. I'm not sure what that should entail exactly but it's no longer acceptable to sweep racist behavior under the carpet. Even if it was meant in some kind of misguided gest.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Chinese Whispers wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
but I fear things such as this and the recent sexism article are just being used to beat metal over the head in the mainstream press.

I suppose, almost hypocritically, it could be used by more mainstream outlets to characterise a whole sub-culture off the behaviour of a few.

To play Devil's advocate, he wasn't breaking any laws (that I am aware of), and, as much as I hate it being used as a crutch/deflection for having no real empirical evidence or forethought into the subject, was 'exercising his freedom of speech' that Americans are so found of (and tends to lead to a circular argument between imbeciles), nor is he limiting anyone's rights by doing so. There are perhaps some gullible and suggestible people who might feel justified in his actions, but they are on the fringes and no argument or pragmatic thinking is going to change their mind at this point. Institutionalised racism is a far bigger problem that we'd be better off looking for a positive solution to.

Is the question of whether racism is a problem in the metal sub-culture a question worth asking?

Yes, it's a good question. I would generally say no, racism isn't a big problem in metal, but it does exist. However, I've been on the YouTube comments page where Flynn's video has been posted, and the amount of racist bile coming out is quite alarming. Not particularly intelligently argued or at all coherent, but it's still alarming so much still exists. It's quite a busy little discussion too. About 800 comments in the past hour.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:07 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

opaline wrote:
The comments that Phil apparently made to Rob Flynn about a certain period of Machine Heads career are just as shocking as his white power stage antics & I don't blame Rob for finding them to be both very disappointing & quite offensive. Personally I think it's more than just a dumb drunken fuckhead saying something stupid & I can understand Rob trying to distance himself from it. This sort of shit has to be eradicated from society & allowing a well-known public figure to get away with it without consequence is really sending the wrong message as far as I'm concerned. How we approach incidents like this is a reflection on the moral beliefs of the entire society & I think we have a duty to make an example of it. I'm not sure what that should entail exactly but it's no longer acceptable to sweep racist behavior under the carpet. Even if it was meant in some kind of misguided gest.

What were those comments: "Bro, Supercharger was faggot nigger music", or something along those lines?

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:08 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

opaline wrote:

And there's also some witty saying about drunks speaking more truth than you'd expect, but I don't know it or who said it.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:10 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Chinese Whispers wrote:

Is the question of whether racism is a problem in the metal sub-culture a question worth asking?

Yes, it's a good question. I would generally say no, racism isn't a big problem in metal, but it does exist. However, I've been on the YouTube comments page where Flynn's video has been posted, and the amount of racist bile coming out is quite alarming. Not particularly intelligently argued or at all coherent, but it's still alarming so much still exists. It's quite a busy little discussion too. About 800 comments in the past hour.

I'd say that most people into Metal are not racist but Metal, as a whole is too tolerant of racism, homophobia and misogyny, people don't necessarily support those views but give them a pass with "I don't care, it's just about the music" rhetoric.

Also, the comments section of most Youtube videos is full of racist bile, whether the video has anything to do with race or not.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Anselmo is a cunt, Pantera were shit, Rob Flyn is a cunt, Burn My Eyes was quite good though.

Can we now have who's the best nazi in Metal Poll?

When it comes to nazis in music only Ian Stuart is real.
and the best thing about him is he's dead.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Myrddin wrote:
opaline wrote:

What were those comments: "Bro, Supercharger was faggot nigger music", or something along those lines?

It was something about how he hated Machine Head's nigger period and the way they looked. There's a little inset on the video of Rob Flynn with that funny spiky hair, but there was also a picture of Glamtera-era Pantera.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:13 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Myrddin wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
Chinese Whispers wrote:

I'd say that most people into Metal are not racist but Metal, as a whole is too tolerant of racism, homophobia and misogyny, people don't necessarily support those views but give them a pass with "I don't care, it's just about the music" rhetoric.

Also, the comments section of most Youtube videos is full of racist bile, whether the video has anything to do with race or not.

I've never noticed that too much. I usually spend my time winding up christians and creationists. :D

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:15 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
However, I've been on the YouTube comments page where Flynn's video has been posted, and the amount of racist bile coming out is quite alarming. Not particularly intelligently argued or at all coherent, but it's still alarming so much still exists. It's quite a busy little discussion too. About 800 comments in the past hour.

This idea that racists are not intelligent people really needs to stop right now. It's such liberal bourgeois nonsense. Most of the racial theories came from the intellectual class, not the peasantry, and the 'academics' behind the white nationalist project aren't dummies at all.

Also, racism doesn't necessarily lead to 'hate' either. One can assume that a race is inferior to their own race but still treat those people with kind regard. I work with many people like that.

You would be surprised how many very intelligent people are racists. The idea that it's just the 'working class' or 'uneducated' is a self serving liberal fantasy that ultimately has its roots in class prejudice.

Pointing out that Phil is a racist is just kicking the can down the road. He is a sitting duck.

Last edited by Stat_Rad on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:16 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Anselmo is a cunt, Pantera were shit, Rob Flyn is a cunt, Burn My Eyes was quite good though.

Can we now have who's the best nazi in Metal Poll?

When it comes to nazis in music only Ian Stuart is real.
and the best thing about him is he's dead.

Varg Vikernes is still alive and a bit on the fascist side. He doesn't make very good music though.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:18 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Stat_Rad wrote:
This is just another fake outrage thing like the rest of them.

Of course.

All these outraged anti-Nazis will be too busy fussing over distasteful nonsense like this to notice when real fascism comes along looking different to how it looked in the past.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:

This idea that racists are not intelligent people really needs to stop right now.

Why? On the evidence I've seen they're generally inbred redneck fucktards.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:24 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
However, I've been on the YouTube comments page where Flynn's video has been posted, and the amount of racist bile coming out is quite alarming. Not particularly intelligently argued or at all coherent, but it's still alarming so much still exists. It's quite a busy little discussion too. About 800 comments in the past hour.

This idea that racists are not intelligent people really needs to stop right now. It's such liberal bourgeois nonsense. Most of the racial theories came from the intellectual class, and the 'academics' behind the white national project aren't dummies at all.

Also, racism doesn't necessarily lead to 'hate' either. One can assume that a race is inferior to their own race but still treat those people with kind regard.

You would be surprised how many super intelligent people are racists. The idea that it's just the 'working class' or 'uneducated' is a liberal fantasy that is ultimately self serving.

Who are these "academics", Statters? Your inverted commas not mine. I bet there aren't very many of them and that most are actually thick and or have at least one personality disorder.

Yes, racist "theories" originate with educated middle class people, as all "theories" necessarily did and to a lesser extent still do, it's just that in the West most people are "educated" nowadays, what a waste of time that is. Interestingly I went to a talk on the historical persecution of witches recently and in the early modern period, it was often intellectuals and people in power who drove the persecution of witches, rather than angry mobs of peasants.

In terms of the "clever racists" canard, other than a few long dead writers from the early 20thC I'm unaware of any. People who hold these sorts of views tend to be thick and thick people tend to be conservative. That isn't to say there aren't thick liberals, or hypocritically racist ones, just there's a lot more of them on the right wing.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
There's nothing shocking in this. Shock suggests surprise - at the idea that Phil Anselmo is backwards?

Come now. No shocks here. Always healthy to see folk pulled up for their idiocy.

It is shocking that he still has enough higher brain functions to utter two words (even if they were "white power") whilst moving his arm and standing, all at the same time.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:29 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Varg Vikernes is still alive.

Proof there is no god>

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:29 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
Varg Vikernes is still alive.

Proof there is no god>

Well yeah, I could have told you that. ;)

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:33 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Phil Anselmo Apologizes For Remarks In Full Klan Outfit

With his voice slightly muffled by his white linen mask, former Pantera singer Phil Anselmo apologized for his offensive remarks while wearing a Ku Klux Klan robe and peaked hood.

“I don’t hate anyone more than I hate anyone else,” said the embattled racist as he pulled aside the mask, “I think people are equally worthless, especially the non-white ones.”

Anselmo then winced and started pounding on his own head with his fist while angrily muttering, “No, goddammit! Stupid, stupid stupid!”

After composing himself, the famously intolerant singer continued, “what I said about white power on stage last weekend was a joke and nothing more, just like the idea of racial equality.”

At this point, the icon for everything wrong in heavy metal began to bite down on his bottom lip, eliciting a trickle of blood which ran down his chin. Sweat began to form across his forehead as he stuttered, “I am not a man of hate. Hate has nothing to do with who I am. Just heritage. Yes. Heritage. That’s what matters to me.”

After taking a few deep breaths, the man who once ranted about white pride for ten minutes in the middle of a Pantera concert looked squarely at the camera, shrugged and said, “And that’s all I got to say on the matter. Sieg… uh… sieg ya later.”

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2016/01/2 ... an-outfit/

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:34 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

This is sad and pathetic on Anselmo's part. I personally don't think he's as much of a meathead as some make him out to be - there's an old interview going round on Youtube where he gave a talk to a university crowd somewhere in the States about his experieces and indulgences as a drug user, and it was one of the more brutally honest pieces of self-analysis I've heard. He thinks more deeply than some people give him credit for. However there's no excuse at all for these recent actions and there does indeed seem to be quite an unsavoury side to him.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:38 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Myrddin wrote:
. That isn't to say there aren't thick liberals, or hypocritically racist ones, just there's a lot more of them on the right wing.

The default position on the liberal left is to make excuses when non-whites, non-males, non-anointed-persecuted-groups do something harmful, stupid, damaging, etc. This is a deeply racist proposition. It's incredibly pervasive.

Ironically the opposite, ie. assuming people make choices out of character and not because of their skin-colour or whatever else, is now a characteristic of the conservatives or the right, especially in America.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next