www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8430
Page 5 of 9

Author:  Myrddin [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

It's a fucking soap opera now.

Author:  RainbowPrince [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Myrddin wrote:
It's a fucking soap opera now.

It really fucking is. This is a load of drama I'll be happy to ignore from now on.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

I'm pretty ignorant about the subject of 'white pride'. How far does it go back? Does it predate the Nazi's?

The whole idea of white pride in today's age just seems completely reactionary. I understand that there is plenty of bullshit coming from the left on the subject (especially the whole guilt based angle), and that whites are attacked for things that they had no part in, but the answer is surely not to swing in the exact opposite direction.

I understand the concept of national pride, and I believe that a certain level of it can be healthy (within reason), but 'white pride' is just a bizarre idea to me, especially considering the sheer diversity across 'white cultures' and the fact that the concept of being 'white' is not entirely stable either.

Author:  Mali [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Not so much Dimebash, as Philbash.

Is it just me or is Anselmo one of those people where his fans just don't want to see him for what he really is because they love his music so much they can't bear to believe he's a dickhead?

Author:  Myrddin [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

"White pride" type stuff and most of the likes of Britain First, the KKK, the EDL etc seem to be poor, badly educated, stupid, damaged men. I suppose being "white" is the one thing they can claim, as they live in a trailer, have no money, no education, no skills etc

People in those situations have a lot to be angry about but blaming it on people who look different to you is just stupidity boiled down to it's lowest form. A friend works in a school that is one step removed from a prison, these are (almost) the "worst" in a catchment area of a few million people. All are white ostensibly white (though some have mixed ethnic descriptors), pretty much all are racist and blame immigrants for taking their "jobs" even though they are still too young to work, have no intention of ever getting a job and come from families where they are the third, possibly fourth generation to not have a job.

He's a very, very easy going and jolly guy, which you would have to be to work there. He says all of the kids "would rob your granny", there are some older women (50s,60s) who volunteer at the school one had her arm broken and one kid attempted to strangle another one. He is trained in restraining and has to use it on a more or less daily basis. These kids - all boys are probably extreme, even by white power standards and wouldn't join any movement as it would require commitment and effort, though they might steel the money from the whip round if they turned up but they are from the demographic that makes upo the majority of these types.


Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Myrddin wrote:
"White pride" type stuff and most of the likes of Britain First, the KKK, the EDL etc seem to be poor, badly educated, stupid, damaged men. I suppose being "white" is the one thing they can claim, as they live in a trailer, have no money, no education, no skills etc


In my more cynical moments I think the bourgeois despise them more for their social class than for their actual beliefs.

Author:  oneleggedpunk [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

I would have far more respect if Anselmo stood by what he did, but by trying to distance himself from it he's making an even bigger cunt of himself.

Author:  Myrddin [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Stat_Rad wrote:
Myrddin wrote:
"White pride" type stuff and most of the likes of Britain First, the KKK, the EDL etc seem to be poor, badly educated, stupid, damaged men. I suppose being "white" is the one thing they can claim, as they live in a trailer, have no money, no education, no skills etc


In my more cynical moments I think the bourgeois despise them more for their social class than for their actual beliefs.


I'm sire there's an element of that but not everyone who is poor, despised, marginalised and generally spat upon is a cunt and not all of the cunts are racist cunts. There's not necessarily just class prejudice going on.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Even bloody Chris Kontos has given his two cents:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-machine-head-drummer-says-robb-flynn-and-philip-anselmo-are-both-dumbass-self-centered-blowhards/

Author:  Myrddin [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

I can't wait to hear what the bassist from Pissing Razors thinks of all this.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Thinks?

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Myrddin wrote:
I can't wait to hear what the bassist from Pissing Razors thinks of all this.


He says...

Image

Author:  robitusson [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Stat_Rad wrote:

In my more cynical moments I think the bourgeois despise them more for their social class than for their actual beliefs.

Your cynicism is well placed. They are nauseous though of course.

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Triggmartyr wrote:
Myrddin wrote:
I can't wait to hear what the bassist from Pissing Razors thinks of all this.


He says...

Image



Image

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Stat_Rad wrote:
I'm pretty ignorant about the subject of 'white pride'. How far does it go back? Does it predate the Nazi's?



It's showing.

The roots of this "white pride" thing goes back centuries, to the time when the British built their empire off the back of becoming the greatest slave traders the world has ever known. Institutionalized slavery and very dodgy science encouraged "white" people to consider anyone with a coloured skin to be inferior, and therefore should be subservient. And the darker the skin, the deeper the inferiority.

The British abolished slavery in the early 19th century, but by then large parts of the American economy were dependent upon slave labour, especially in the south. Eventually it all led to the American Civil War. (Abraham Lincoln has long been thought of as the man who freed the slaves, but his original intention was to send all the black people back to Africa! He was a Republican though...)

The southern states felt like they'd been shit upon by the north, and suddenly slaves were meant to be equal to former slave owners and overseers and the like. The racism was very deeply ingrained there, which is why 100 years later there was still the need for a civil right movement. The likes of the KKK rose from the south's resentment of their treatment by the north, which is why they adopted things like the the Stars and Bars flag.

The Nazis jumped on some of the same eugenic principles as were popular in the southern US states, but taken to a greater extreme. There are stories, not always substantiated, of the KKK and other benefactors in the southern states helping fund the Nazis pre-WWII. Post-WWII you can see the obvious consequences of what happened.

And today's problems are not near as simple as stripping things back to liberal vs. conservative or bourgeois vs. working class. It's common decency vs. assholes. Reverse racism is a problem, yes, but if you look at the historical background behind race relations you can see where it's come from. It's well intentioned, but muddle-headed in execution. Unfortunately it give racist fucktards something to cling to in peddling their nasty beliefs.

Author:  Mali [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Myrddin wrote:
I can't wait to hear what the bassist from Pissing Razors thinks of all this.


Myrddin made me LAUGH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  robitusson [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Vim Fuego wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
I'm pretty ignorant about the subject of 'white pride'. How far does it go back? Does it predate the Nazi's?



It's showing.


Likewise. You're talking about something different.

"white pride" is a reactionary thing and it's a relatively new post-60's development. It's a response to identity groups asserting themselves, like black power, gay pride, women's liberation, etc. It's more about dressing up racist politics in the language of the identity politics. Like Stuffstuff was saying about Nick Griffin earlier. No 18th century natural philosopher talked about "white pride". It was just a given that whites were superior.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

robitusson wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:
I'm pretty ignorant about the subject of 'white pride'. How far does it go back? Does it predate the Nazi's?



It's showing.


Likewise. You're talking about something different.

"white pride" is a reactionary thing and it's a relatively new post-60's development. It's a response to identity groups asserting themselves, like black power, gay pride, women's liberation, etc. It's more about dressing up racist politics in the language of the identity politics. Like Stuffstuff was saying about Nick Griffin earlier. No 18th century natural philosopher talked about "white pride". It was just a given that whites were superior.


Looks like you might be right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pride

Author:  WATP [ Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

In recent years Phil has absolutely mastered that deep frowny I'm pure straining to get the words out face. He can't talk without doing it.

Author:  Stuffstuff [ Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phil Anselmo (racism in metal)

Stat_Rad wrote:

In my more cynical moments I think the bourgeois despise them more for their social class than for their actual beliefs.


You nailed. Any excuse to kick plebs.

In more racist eras, it was the reverse. The poor were hated because they were seen to be more prone to miscegnation. Go figure.

Page 5 of 9 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/