www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Lacuna Coil
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8573
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Mali [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Lacuna Coil

Speaking as a long time fan of Lacuna Coil (except for the shit period in the middle of their career when they became somewhat commercially succesful...) I have to say the new song is utter shite. When did Andrea start singing like the guy out of Divine Heresy (but about 10% as good) and when did Christina start thinking she was Tarja? Musically it's just standard one note rhythm metal. FFS. I thought Stat Rad said the new LC was going to sound like Depeche Mode, well that hope is dashed!



Check out the 'riff' (if we can call it that) at 1:46. That's everything wrong with modern metal right there.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Mali wrote:

Check out the 'riff' (if we can call it that) at 1:46. That's everything wrong with modern metal right there.


That riff =

Author:  WATP [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

that is absolutely fucking unlistenable modern metal excrement. Listen to those horrible type writer drums. Drums are meant to sound like Tico Torres on New Jersey :D
And the horrible drr drrr breakdown pish at 0:56

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

I liked LC when they got heavy on Karmacode, and I thought their last two albums were good too, but this sounds dire as hell. Boring riffs, and Andrea's vocals are just terrible.

Author:  WATP [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Really only like the EP. then the 2 after that are ok. But that is just the most derivative shit I've ever heard.

Author:  Mali [ Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Lacuna Coil EP
Shallow Life
Dark Adrenaline
In a Reverie
-----------------
Everything else.

Author:  ajk70 [ Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Nothing wrong with that song. I heart Christina. She digs me. That is all.

Author:  Spiny Norman [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

The absolute fucking state of that song. :lol: :lol:

It's like Sepultura gang-raped a Disney film.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

As bad as that Lacuna Coil song is, it's not as bad as this pile of shit. I don't know why I listened to it. Perhaps I have a subconscious masochistic streak. :(


Author:  Spiny Norman [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Nah, it's just Fear Factory goes Eurovision, that's all.
Sure, it's a bit naff, but it's actually quite cool to hear FF doing something a little different. Even Burton's massively processed voice fits with their whole cyber image.
That Lacuna coil track is just 100% ghastly.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

I've said it before, but there is a weird lag effect happening with Lacuna Coil. Every time they have tried to change their sound since the mid 00's, they invariably sound at least 2-3 years behind current trends. For example, they didn't start incorporating elements of nu-metal until 2006, which was a good 3 years after the style fell out of favour, then they hooked up with Don Gilmore (Linkin Park's producer) in the late 00's, which again was a few good years after his peak years as the go-to-man if you wanted to polish your sound for mass consumption

Author:  blacklorre [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

House Of Shame > Cone Of Shame. Not the worst track to have stuck in your head! I like that FF except for Anodized.

Author:  RainbowPrince [ Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Vim Fuego wrote:
As bad as that Lacuna Coil song is, it's not as bad as this pile of shit. I don't know why I listened to it. Perhaps I have a subconscious masochistic streak. :(


It's not very good, but I wouldn't call it a pile of shit. If anything, it just doesn't really fit with my musical tastes; I don't think it has much objectively wrong with it. I haven't heard the Lacuna Coil track, because they're none of my business, but it's probably much worse than this.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Baphomet wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
As bad as that Lacuna Coil song is, it's not as bad as this pile of shit. I don't know why I listened to it. Perhaps I have a subconscious masochistic streak. :(


It's not very good, but I wouldn't call it a pile of shit. If anything, it just doesn't really fit with my musical tastes; I don't think it has much objectively wrong with it. I haven't heard the Lacuna Coil track, because they're none of my business, but it's probably much worse than this.


It's none of my business either, but I'm nosy and I've been prodding a few FF fans on YouTube. :oops:

Author:  WATP [ Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

That FF song is class. they should just do an album in that style and forget trying to recapture the demanufacture sound

Author:  blacklorre [ Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Its what Therapy For The Pain should have been. Re-Coil in Fear!

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

WATP wrote:
That FF song is class. they should just do an album in that style and forget trying to recapture the demanufacture sound


They can't really afford to take a risk like that at this point though. Their audience is much smaller than it was in their prime, but it's just enough for them to continue recording and touring. If they take a risk and it backfires, it might be too late for them to recover, especially considering how many lousy albums they released in the past that turned fans off like Transmission etc.

Genexus is already more melodic than their previous albums while still retaining their core sound. It isn't a bad album at all, but there aren't many surprises on it, that's for sure.

Author:  Tragic Idol [ Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

Mali wrote:
Speaking as a long time fan of Lacuna Coil (except for the shit period in the middle of their career when they became somewhat commercially succesful...) I have to say the new song is utter shite. When did Andrea start singing like the guy out of Divine Heresy (but about 10% as good) and when did Christina start thinking she was Tarja? Musically it's just standard one note rhythm metal. FFS. I thought Stat Rad said the new LC was going to sound like Depeche Mode, well that hope is dashed!



Check out the 'riff' (if we can call it that) at 1:46. That's everything wrong with modern metal right there.



Lacuna Coil's new song is the best thing they have done in 7 years! It sounds like Soulfly meets Nightwish in a way, but I really might accept music like this. If other new tracks will be better or that good, I am in again. If not, I still will stay away. I accept only their 'Comalies' album and 'Within Me' release anyway. First shit was okay, and post 'Comalies' albums are dull, especially 'Shallow Life' which is dreadful. 'Oblivion' good song but it's bonus track...

Author:  blacklorre [ Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track


Author:  Tragic Idol [ Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Lacuna Coil track

No, I will not listen to the whole new album then...

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/