www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists to 1
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8643
Page 8 of 8

Author:  Cuchulainn [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

It was actually Stuart Adamson, the guitarist. RIP. Jobson is a pretty good film-maker, though.

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

blacklorre wrote:
U2. Boy was a good punk album, October bordered on metal but from War they started going downhill but with the occaisional good song.


No, just no, no, no, cunts, cunts, fucking fuck!! There's no excuse ever for mentioning or listening or looking or referring to cunting fucking U-fuckwitted-2 ever! No musical, social or cultural redeeming features to those four fuckwits whatsoever!

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Stat_Rad wrote:
As for Ross Robinson, he is still working, but mostly with bands that I've never heard a note of. e.g Red Fang


Check this out then. Brilliant video.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Hah! I listened to a few of their songs the other night. They aren't bad.

Author:  robitusson [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Vim Fuego wrote:
blacklorre wrote:
U2. Boy was a good punk album, October bordered on metal but from War they started going downhill but with the occaisional good song.


No, just no, no, no, cunts, cunts, fucking fuck!! There's no excuse ever for mentioning or listening or looking or referring to cunting fucking U-fuckwitted-2 ever! No musical, social or cultural redeeming features to those four fuckwits whatsoever!

Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Chinese Whispers [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Stat_Rad wrote:
The budget sound of that album is proof that the label didn't really know what they had. If they did, they would have invested a lot more money in them in 1994. I still recall a review of their debut in Hot Metal which basically accused Korn of being a Frankenstein like creation without an original sound of its own. i.e a bit of Helmet here, a bit of Cypress Hill there etc. It would be impossible to argue that about Life Is Peachy though. They had a truly definitive sound at that point, for better or worse.

The reason Follow The Leader sounded like a million dollars in 1998 is because Korn were already a proven commodity and the label saw the potential for them to grow further. From a business of view it was a great decision, but musically they just went downhill shortly after.


Totally agree.

Stat_Rad wrote:
As for Ross Robinson, he is still working, but mostly with bands that I've never heard a note of. e.g Red Fang, The Contortionist etc. His best work was done after the nu-metal period anyway. e.g ATDI Relationship of Command and Glassjaw's Worship and Tribute. They sound amazing. I liked that Amen album today, We have Come For Your Parents. With those records he proved that he was a real bonafide producer and not just a one trick pony.


Robinson probably gets a bit of a raised eyebrow these days for his work in that nu-metal area and it's proliferation (Sepultura's 'Roots', to Machine Head's 'Burning Red', to the Limp Bizkit and Korn albums) than he does for, say, 'Relationship of Command' - which is stellar and without that production job we probably wouldn't be talking about that album and the energy that explodes from it like we do now. Never realised he produced 'Worship & Tribute' as well - I lose in musical nerdom clearly - but that is another great record. He definitely knew how to bring the best out of groups.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Chinese Whispers wrote:
Robinson probably gets a bit of a raised eyebrow these days for his work in that nu-metal area and it's proliferation (Sepultura's 'Roots', to Machine Head's 'Burning Red', to the Limp Bizkit and Korn albums) than he does for, say, 'Relationship of Command' - which is stellar and without that production job we probably wouldn't be talking about that album and the energy that explodes from it like we do now


Yet Omar Rodriguez doesn't like the sound of that album, or at least he didn't like the mix anyway, which Robinson wasn't responsible for. More info:

Quote:
"In a heartbeat I could tell you, one of my only regrets out of everything I've ever done is the way that record was mixed. People think that was a raw and energetic record, but what they're hearing is nothing compared to what it truly was before it was glossed over and sent through the mixing mill that was Andy Wallace, who is a wonderful person and a very talented mixing engineer and has done great albums – I'm not trying to offend him....and I understand he had the pressure of the label and all the people who had dreams of it being this grandiose thing, and being played on the radio, which it was, (but) that record is ruined by the mix. I just find it the most passive, plastic....It's the one record I still to this day cannot listen to.



That 2nd Glassjaw album was the sound of a band that had become comfortable in their sound and were going places. It's a shame they stalled so early.

Author:  Chinese Whispers [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Stat_Rad wrote:
Yet Omar Rodriguez doesn't like the sound of that album, or at least he didn't like the mix anyway, which Robinson wasn't responsible for. More info:

Quote:
"In a heartbeat I could tell you, one of my only regrets out of everything I've ever done is the way that record was mixed. People think that was a raw and energetic record, but what they're hearing is nothing compared to what it truly was before it was glossed over and sent through the mixing mill that was Andy Wallace, who is a wonderful person and a very talented mixing engineer and has done great albums – I'm not trying to offend him....and I understand he had the pressure of the label and all the people who had dreams of it being this grandiose thing, and being played on the radio, which it was, (but) that record is ruined by the mix. I just find it the most passive, plastic....It's the one record I still to this day cannot listen to.



That sounds like something he'd say. I'd have to respectfully disagree with his assessment though.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Yeah he is full of it, but the material did sound better live. I liked Relationship of Command when I bought it on release, but it wasn't until I saw them live at the Big Day Out in January 2001 that they really clicked. I fully got what they were about watching them live. That doesn't happen to me often, but in the case of ATDI seeing them perform was the key to appreciating them fully.

Author:  Chinese Whispers [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Well, their gig in Sydney that year was certainly interesting.

Author:  blacklorre [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

The Police. I really liked the first 2 albums but then there was that Doo Doo Doo shit & that was the end except for the occasional good song.

Author:  Duckstyle [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Stat_Rad wrote:

As for Ross Robinson, he is still working, but mostly with bands that I've never heard a note of. e.g Red Fang, The Contortionist etc. His best work was done after the nu-metal period anyway. e.g ATDI Relationship of Command and Glassjaw's Worship and Tribute. They sound amazing. I liked that Amen album today, We have Come For Your Parents. With those records he proved that he was a real bonafide producer and not just a one trick pony.


RED FANG are quite good. In full agreeance about those AMEN records. He captured Casey's...errr...Chaos pretty well there. Also he did that AT THE DRIVE in album, the name of which escapes me.

Author:  turdy [ Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Can't be arsed with reading 9 pages but Death Angel "The Ultra-Violence" to "Frolic...." is a definite contender for me.

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fall From Grace - bands that went straight from 5 fists

Duckstyle wrote:
Stat_Rad wrote:

As for Ross Robinson, he is still working, but mostly with bands that I've never heard a note of. e.g Red Fang, The Contortionist etc. His best work was done after the nu-metal period anyway. e.g ATDI Relationship of Command and Glassjaw's Worship and Tribute. They sound amazing. I liked that Amen album today, We have Come For Your Parents. With those records he proved that he was a real bonafide producer and not just a one trick pony.


RED FANG are quite good. In full agreeance about those AMEN records. He captured Casey's...errr...Chaos pretty well there. Also he did that AT THE DRIVE in album, the name of which escapes me.


Relationship of Command is the title mate :D

Page 8 of 8 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/