www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Morbid Angel are 'scheduling' their new album.....
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Morbid Angel are 'scheduling' their new album..... 

Do Morbid Angel have a strong comeback album in them?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 15 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 29

Morbid Angel are 'scheduling' their new album..... 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Morbid Angel are 'scheduling' their new album.....
Brian Downey plays in a Thin Lizzy cover band, saddest thing I've ever seen.

Tue May 30, 2017 1:17 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

As does Eric Bell. Well, it's Eric Bell's Thin Lizzy, but it's him and a few average pub rock musicians.

I wonder why he and Downey don't just play together at this stage, concentrate on the early albums, chuck in a few Hendrix and Cream tunes.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:08 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

It'd be far better than Black Star Riders or (essentially the same band) those who have the temerity to tour as Thin Lizzy these days, that's for sure.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Aye. I'm a fan of Viv Campbell with Dio obviously, but he was fucking abysmal with "Thin Lizzy", and after all his bitching about Sykes, he was ten times worse when it came to overplaying.

When Downey was briefly involved it might have had some legitimacy as a one off tribute, but what the fuck do Tom Hamilton, Damon Johnson and Scott Travis have to do with Thin Lizzy?

Fucking nothing, that's what.

Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

FlockaJawaka wrote:
Quote:
robitusson wrote:
I find it interesting that Robit and Wretch rate it so highly because it really does lack the dynamics and precise songwriting of their previous albums.
It's a whole album experience in a way that none of their others are. Lyrically and in terms of concept (Deepak Chopra meets Lovecraft) and completeness, it might well be their best overall.

I agree with this. Content on Formulas is genuinely outlandish and it is my favorite sounding record of theirs as well. It sounds so free, it's got the spirit of someone who get out of a bad relationship and flourishes. Which was about right.

No idea what people think made Heretic a good 'album'. It would have made a reasonable 6-track shorter player. The rest is them pissing about, and they didn't even do that good a job of that. 2/5 as a product. 3/5 for the actual material. Some of what made it on is really poor and shouldn't have, QC is something they seemed to lose when David Vincent left. Formulas has its shonky moments to but it's also really top-heavy with the best material. That older 'Invocations' track should have been the album closer and shoulda just been sung by Tucker and I think I'd consider it a solid 5.

I get the free comment in regards to Formulas. The band sound totally possessed on its best tracks, but some of the songs sound curiously unstructured to me, or at least not well structured, which is a problem that was really magnified on Gateways and Heretic.

The songs on Heretic generally lack a sense of development. They just plod along rather aimlessly and just finish because Trey pressed stop. GTA was uneven, but it had a few great moments. Heretic was the first Morbid Angel that was totally devoid of greatness. There are no great riffs, melodies or songs. It was also the first M.A album that sounded dated on arrival.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6