www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 5940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 297  Next
 What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII 
Author Message
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6498
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
"Somewhere In Time" & "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" are my two favourite Maiden records!

Image

Motörhead - "On Parole" (1979)

3/5


Wed May 10, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44945
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Like I said, go stand in the corner, some truly laughable ratings there. I'm not doing it again but you can find the actual album ratings (by which I mean mine) in the Maiden thread.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
The shit Maiden stuff's not for me.



np:
Image
VoivoD
"Build Your Weapons"


Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 4579
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
I'm not rating my fav Maiden albums either, as like your mum, I've done that plenty in the past.

But my worst Maiden song is that one about jogging.

_________________
Image


Wed May 10, 2017 11:13 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7892
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Triggmartyr wrote:
I'm not rating my fav Maiden albums either, as like your mum, I've done that plenty in the past.

But my worst Maiden song is that one about jogging.


fail... Loneliness is a 4 fist track...


Thu May 11, 2017 12:49 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7892
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Solaris wrote:
You clearly are playing with madness. Their first actually bad album was No Prayer..., the beginning of a ten-year slump but SIT and SSOASS are both 5/5 albums, clearly.


Fear of the Dark was just bloated..cut the weakest four tracks and you have a pretty good record....

I don't get all the hate for Prayer either...I just assume it's because they'd come off an absolutely phenomenal run of albums and that one was a little step down...


Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44945
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Veering into pub rock territory did them no favours, and the lack of Adrian Smith was also severely detrimental. Apart from the poor songwriting, Bruce's voice went to shit and the production wasn't great either. Just a poor album overall, as was FOTD.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Thu May 11, 2017 2:58 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:25 am
Posts: 3453
Location: Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Solaris wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Quest for fire > most of powerslave.

Get the fuck off my internet.

:lol: :lol: I would have to agree with Sol.

_________________
Image

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.


Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21908
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Sol, you really do exaggerate sometimes. His voice was fine on those studio recordings, even if it wasn't as good as previous albums, and Smith's absence clearly wasn't the only factor for the drop in songwriting because it pretty much carried on when he rejoined. Even if you think Brave New World was great, that's 1 album out of 5. And Roy Z was a big reason those late 90's Dickinson albums were really good too.


N.P OXBOW The Thin Black Duke

_________________
Image


Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
markhebb wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:
I'm not rating my fav Maiden albums either, as like your mum, I've done that plenty in the past.

But my worst Maiden song is that one about jogging.


fail... Loneliness is a 4 fist track...

Bruce's vocal is really good on it anyway. Back when he could still sing, eh


np:
Image
The Obsessed
"Forever Midnight"


Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44945
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Stat_Rad wrote:
Sol, you really do exaggerate sometimes. His voice was fine on those studio recordings, even if it wasn't as good as previous albums, and Smith's absence clearly wasn't the only factor for the drop in songwriting because it pretty much carried on when he rejoined. Even if you think Brave New World was great, that's 1 album out of 5. And Roy Z was a big reason those late 90's Dickinson albums were really good too.

Nah, it was rough, raspy and he had trouble hitting the high notes more often than not (a problem he's had since, but to a lesser degree these days). I don't think much of this solo work TBH so I'm not sure how that helps your argument (or how that point in particular is relevant to it, for that matter), and I like all of the 'reunion' albums to varying degrees so...

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Thu May 11, 2017 9:10 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21908
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
It's relevant because that's the 'evidence' that Maiden fans often use to support their pro-Smith argument.

Yeah I like the reunion albums to varying degrees too, but none of them are a patch on their best work in the 80's unless you are prepared to really lower your standards.

As for Bruce's voice, it was worse live than on record, and he can't hit the high notes very well anymore either.


N.P Oxbow An Evil Heat

_________________
Image


Thu May 11, 2017 9:14 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44945
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
I never mentioned his solo albums until you brought them up, and when you did it wasn't in any relevant context. And, as I said, I'm not a fan of his solo albums (early or late), so they don't really have any bearing on what I've been saying.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7892
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image


Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7892
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image


Thu May 11, 2017 11:02 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 4579
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
markhebb wrote:

Loneliness is an awful track.

_________________
Image


Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6498
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

Extreme Noise Terror - "The Peel Sessions" (1987)

3/5


Thu May 11, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

Eternal Champion "I Am The Hammer"


Thu May 11, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6498
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

Carcass - "Peel Sessions" E.P. (1989)

3/5


Thu May 11, 2017 9:38 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8716
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 297  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.