www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 4248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213  Next
 What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII 
Author Message
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 8707
Location: Norf
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image


Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 am
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1308
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Another new Metal Church tune. This one's actually rather decent.



Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:27 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6267
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.


Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 1369
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
opaline wrote:
FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.


I'd say Time Heals Nothing is their best: Sonic Excess, Eq, Odd Fellows, Crowbar etc all have great tracks on them but are inconsistent. THN is their most consistent, in my opinion.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8698
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8698
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 6309
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Sick of it all : s/f

_________________
Mo Mo Gaddafi wrote:
His massive cock pleasured me immensely.


Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:38 am
Profile
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 151
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Infest - No Mans Slave

breakfast bump


Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1308
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

This album beats the shit out of everything Dream Theater has done.


Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 am
Profile
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 151
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
doomrider wrote:
opaline wrote:
FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.


I'd say Time Heals Nothing is their best: Sonic Excess, Eq, Odd Fellows, Crowbar etc all have great tracks on them but are inconsistent. THN is their most consistent, in my opinion.


I never got into this, it just fell victim of something I always do when I get into a band's more developed sound (developed for better or for worse, whether you're a new or old fan...) when they're a few records into a discog. I got Odd Fellows Rest first, around when it came out, and found it hard to get into the debut for that reason. Retrospectively it gives the impression of a band finding its sound, never thought it was shit though. I can still see the appeal of it in context/at the time. Listened again today and thought it was OK, not really moved by it though.

n.p.new Hate Eternal

Not a huge fan but I liked their first 2 records and always kept an eye out for whether they were going to do anything different. I didn't like "I, Monarch" despite stellar Derek Roddy. I don't care that much about lyrics, but if I read them and dislike them it dents my impression of a band. So it happened here, I don't know what the fuck all the king/throne/crowned stuff was about. What are you on about man. This one surpassed my not unreasonable expectations that it would sound very much like they do, and although it does, it held my attention and I stayed away from the lyrics. I think Erik Rutan would probably be honoured by the company I keep him in - all classic DM acts who've somehow managed to find a nuanced sound, and pretty much stuck with it. Realistically, it means I'm not going to be giving that much of a fuck about what they continue to continue to do. Drumming again is supreme and the riffs were good. Track 2 was mega.


Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1308
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image


Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 6267
Location: Sydney, Australia
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
FlockaJawaka wrote:
I never got into this, it just fell victim of something I always do when I get into a band's more developed sound (developed for better or for worse, whether you're a new or old fan...) when they're a few records into a discog. I got Odd Fellows Rest first, around when it came out, and found it hard to get into the debut for that reason. Retrospectively it gives the impression of a band finding its sound, never thought it was shit though. I can still see the appeal of it in context/at the time. Listened again today and thought it was OK, not really moved by it though.


Crowbar's earlier works suffered from production problems & although I generally like all of their 90's material I don't think that any of those records were given the chance to fulfil on their potential. "Sonic Excess in Its Purest Form" saw that turned around & it's likely that reason that I find it their best work. It was particularly impressive given that "Equilibrium" was their first real failure in my opinion.Sadly I haven't enjoyed anything they've done since 2001.


Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1116
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image


Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 151
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
opaline wrote:
Crowbar's earlier works suffered from production problems & although I generally like all of their 90's material I don't think that any of those records were given the chance to fulfil on their potential. "Sonic Excess in Its Purest Form" saw that turned around & it's likely that reason that I find it their best work. It was particularly impressive given that "Equilibrium" was their first real failure in my opinion.Sadly I haven't enjoyed anything they've done since 2001.


100% down with this.

n.p.Trap Them - Seizures In Barren Praise

this really is another astoundingly good hardcore record. 10 years old and not tired of it at all, still a go-to in fact.


Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 9515
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 1308
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

Classic Metal Church


Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:04 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 9515
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Don't know what I posted songs instead of albums I listened to. Cant always post images.

ICENI - Demos
WATCHCRIES - Wraith


Last edited by blacklorre on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 9515
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
TNFO - STWAE


Last edited by blacklorre on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 9515
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
What a surprise!



Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7863
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Mastodon - Remission


Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.