www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9555
Page 209 of 297

Author:  turdy [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Author:  Colin040 [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Another new Metal Church tune. This one's actually rather decent.


Author:  opaline [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.

Author:  doomrider [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

opaline wrote:
FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.


I'd say Time Heals Nothing is their best: Sonic Excess, Eq, Odd Fellows, Crowbar etc all have great tracks on them but are inconsistent. THN is their most consistent, in my opinion.

Author:  RTC [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Author:  RTC [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Author:  Dr Yail Bloor [ Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Sick of it all : s/f

Author:  FlockaJawaka [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Infest - No Mans Slave

breakfast bump

Author:  Colin040 [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

This album beats the shit out of everything Dream Theater has done.

Author:  FlockaJawaka [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

doomrider wrote:
opaline wrote:
FlockaJawaka wrote:
Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form

This is slab-like and juicy, to follow their weakest record "Equilbrium" which was an easy 2/5. Relieved when this dropped. Has held up really well.


Their best record for mine although I'd suggest that "Sever the Wicked Hand" is their weakest album.


I'd say Time Heals Nothing is their best: Sonic Excess, Eq, Odd Fellows, Crowbar etc all have great tracks on them but are inconsistent. THN is their most consistent, in my opinion.


I never got into this, it just fell victim of something I always do when I get into a band's more developed sound (developed for better or for worse, whether you're a new or old fan...) when they're a few records into a discog. I got Odd Fellows Rest first, around when it came out, and found it hard to get into the debut for that reason. Retrospectively it gives the impression of a band finding its sound, never thought it was shit though. I can still see the appeal of it in context/at the time. Listened again today and thought it was OK, not really moved by it though.

n.p.new Hate Eternal

Not a huge fan but I liked their first 2 records and always kept an eye out for whether they were going to do anything different. I didn't like "I, Monarch" despite stellar Derek Roddy. I don't care that much about lyrics, but if I read them and dislike them it dents my impression of a band. So it happened here, I don't know what the fuck all the king/throne/crowned stuff was about. What are you on about man. This one surpassed my not unreasonable expectations that it would sound very much like they do, and although it does, it held my attention and I stayed away from the lyrics. I think Erik Rutan would probably be honoured by the company I keep him in - all classic DM acts who've somehow managed to find a nuanced sound, and pretty much stuck with it. Realistically, it means I'm not going to be giving that much of a fuck about what they continue to continue to do. Drumming again is supreme and the riffs were good. Track 2 was mega.

Author:  Colin040 [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Author:  opaline [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

FlockaJawaka wrote:
I never got into this, it just fell victim of something I always do when I get into a band's more developed sound (developed for better or for worse, whether you're a new or old fan...) when they're a few records into a discog. I got Odd Fellows Rest first, around when it came out, and found it hard to get into the debut for that reason. Retrospectively it gives the impression of a band finding its sound, never thought it was shit though. I can still see the appeal of it in context/at the time. Listened again today and thought it was OK, not really moved by it though.


Crowbar's earlier works suffered from production problems & although I generally like all of their 90's material I don't think that any of those records were given the chance to fulfil on their potential. "Sonic Excess in Its Purest Form" saw that turned around & it's likely that reason that I find it their best work. It was particularly impressive given that "Equilibrium" was their first real failure in my opinion.Sadly I haven't enjoyed anything they've done since 2001.

Author:  handmadegod [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Author:  FlockaJawaka [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

opaline wrote:
Crowbar's earlier works suffered from production problems & although I generally like all of their 90's material I don't think that any of those records were given the chance to fulfil on their potential. "Sonic Excess in Its Purest Form" saw that turned around & it's likely that reason that I find it their best work. It was particularly impressive given that "Equilibrium" was their first real failure in my opinion.Sadly I haven't enjoyed anything they've done since 2001.


100% down with this.

n.p.Trap Them - Seizures In Barren Praise

this really is another astoundingly good hardcore record. 10 years old and not tired of it at all, still a go-to in fact.

Author:  blacklorre [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Author:  Colin040 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Image

Classic Metal Church

Author:  blacklorre [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Don't know what I posted songs instead of albums I listened to. Cant always post images.

ICENI - Demos
WATCHCRIES - Wraith

Author:  blacklorre [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

TNFO - STWAE

Author:  blacklorre [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

What a surprise!


Author:  markhebb [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII

Mastodon - Remission

Page 209 of 297 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/