www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 7261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361 ... 364  Next
 What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII 
Author Message
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 4408
Location: Australia.
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Tonight's menu:

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:49 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 10055
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
I loved that COC album Blind (Vote With A Bullet & Echoes In The Well is all I remember) as for Melissa I much prefer KD solo albums!


Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:01 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45118
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Melissa's their best album, no contest. That's probably my favourite COC album, too.


Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 4408
Location: Australia.
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
blacklorre wrote:
I loved that COC album Blind (Vote With A Bullet & Echoes In The Well is all I remember) as for Melissa I much prefer KD solo albums!


Solaris wrote:
Melissa's their best album, no contest. That's probably my favourite COC album, too.


I use to always favour Melissa of the Fate material, but lately I've been listening to the first few releases pretty heavily, and I keep flipping between the aforementioned and Don't Break The Oath, completely dependent upon which I'm listening to at the time. I'd have a much harder time with COC, I love everything they did from Blind to In The Arms of God (minus America's Volume Dealer which left me a bit cold). I do think Wiseblood is an underrated gem, with Deliverance getting most of the love from that period of the band.

Now Playing:
Image

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:33 pm
Profile
Online
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 2971
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Their last great album.


Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:18 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45118
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
AVD's not that bad really, just out of place in their discography.

As for MF, Melissa and the s/t EP are their peak, with DBTO just behind.


Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:36 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:47 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 2971
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Sounds like it came out straight from the 90's. Doom/death metal forever!


Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 22035
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Chinese Whispers wrote:
I use to always favour Melissa of the Fate material, but lately I've been listening to the first few releases pretty heavily, and I keep flipping between the aforementioned and Don't Break The Oath, completely dependent upon which I'm listening to at the time. I'd have a much harder time with COC, I love everything they did from Blind to In The Arms of God (minus America's Volume Dealer which left me a bit cold). I do think Wiseblood is an underrated gem, with Deliverance getting most of the love from that period of the band.


I flip-flop between Melissa and Oath constantly and at this point don't see the point in arguing which is superior. It is like comparing great Picasso's or Vermeer's or something! ;)

Re: Wiseblood. Is it underrated nowadays? It was quite praised at the time. I much prefer 90's COC to their 00's stuff.



Image

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 pm
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:32 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 2971
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:49 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:37 pm
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 2971
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Reminds me a bit of early Anathema. Not bad at all.


Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:54 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 am
Posts: 8958
Location: Parker, AZ/Lake Charles, LA
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Image

_________________
Cuchulainn wrote:
Schaffer is a fucking imbecile and should just hang up his guitar and then hang himself.


Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:17 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Posts: 2971
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII


Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:11 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm
Posts: 4408
Location: Australia.
Post Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? Vol. VIII
Stat_Rad wrote:
Chinese Whispers wrote:
I use to always favour Melissa of the Fate material, but lately I've been listening to the first few releases pretty heavily, and I keep flipping between the aforementioned and Don't Break The Oath, completely dependent upon which I'm listening to at the time. I'd have a much harder time with COC, I love everything they did from Blind to In The Arms of God (minus America's Volume Dealer which left me a bit cold). I do think Wiseblood is an underrated gem, with Deliverance getting most of the love from that period of the band.


I flip-flop between Melissa and Oath constantly and at this point don't see the point in arguing which is superior. It is like comparing great Picasso's or Vermeer's or something! ;)

Re: Wiseblood. Is it underrated nowadays? It was quite praised at the time. I much prefer 90's COC to their 00's stuff.


Yeah, it's pretty inconsequential as to the essential Mercyful Fate album. They are pretty even. As for Wiseblood, you could be right regarding the praise it received at release. I was just a young hesher too naïve to notice critical appraisal. I feel like in the intervening years it is kinda forgotten, and Deliverance is the held up as the archetype of that particular style.

Last Night's Playlist:
Image

Image

Much prefer the production on Rainer Fog compared to the previous album which felt very flat and compressed. A bit more lively here. Some good tunes, if a bit workmanlike, but I can't really fault it. "Drone" is probably the standout.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:08 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361 ... 364  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Colin040 and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.