www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 382  Next
 Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Priest aren't metal, apparently...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/03/13/ma ... ent-metal/

Arsehole.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:59 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

What an utter fucking tosspot. Aside from the fact that Priest are obviously metal, his comment regarding Halford referring to himself as the 'Metal God' is bullshit. He doesn't mind other people referring to him as such, but he's often demonstrated reluctance to refer to himself as the 'Metal God' in interviews. But I'll tell you what, he's got more talent in his left testicle than some snivelling, moronic cunt from Mastodon.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:16 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

I think he might be trolling.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

You would really bloody hope so.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Just found a spiffing photo of Quorthon. :lol:

- Mortiis, 1995

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

So it's £96 for good seats at metallicas upcoming shows...

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
So it's £96 for good seats at metallicas upcoming shows...

That's fucking madness. I have absolutely no interest in what little Metallica have to offer these days but that's just taking the piss. A friend of my missus is a massive fan. We went down to Cardiff with him to see Maiden on the Final Frontier tour. On the way back he asked me if I wanted to come in and see his Metallica collection. 'Fuck no' was my response. He wasn't happy.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:
On the way back he asked me if I wanted to come in and see his Metallica collection. 'Fuck no' was my response. He wasn't happy.

:lol:

- Mortiis, 1995

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

So I am rebuying some classic DM because the discs got fucked up in the heat out here, anyway, I ended up visiting various label websites. Now I know why any decent metal band is moving to Nuclear Blast

Earache - what the fuck are they putting out these days? It's certainly not metal but fuck knows if anyone actually likes this shit

Peaceville - seem to be living off licencing deals rather than pushing any new bands. This is a tired commercial model, if it was a pharmaceutical company they would have raised the price by 6000% just so you can own yet another version of the same mayhem bootleg that came out twenty years ago

Metal Blade - seem to think the future of metal is...metalcore. Dear god.

Roadrunner - even the old deicide albums are no longer available judging by the way prices are increasing. Can only assume they are giving up on generating cash from the old classics

Overall, quite a depressing experience

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

btw whatever happened to the hoffman brothers after Glen kicked them out of Deicide?

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:39 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Death metal reissues tend to sound shit. The Death remasters sound woeful if you listen to them on a proper stereo. The dynamics of albums like Human have been almost completely destroyed.

Peaceville don't really sign new bands anymore and neither do Earache, at least not in the same numbers of old.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Stat_Rad wrote:
Death metal reissues tend to sound shit. The Death remasters sound woeful if you listen to them on a proper stereo. The dynamics of albums like Human have been almost completely destroyed.

Peaceville don't really sign new bands anymore and neither do Earache, at least not in the same numbers of old.

My altars of madness was original cd and always sounded a bit flat, you had to crank up the volume. The version I just brought sounds remastered and a lot better. I think a lot of early death metal albums on cd sound poor but obviously I never rebought to compare

I heard a lot of people rave about the death remasters but then I suppose it depends on what kind of stereo they are using

Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:05 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

They sound better than the tape copies I had (coudnt buy/get all the albums) but at least those copies had more bass & sounded less tinny (as long as they werent high-speed dubbed).

Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

The Death remasters (two of which arrived in the post today, incidentally) sound great - Human in particular. It's been completely remixed (as they couldn't locate Scott Burns' original mixes) as well as remastered, and sounds a thousand times better as a result. Statters is on crack.

The Hoffmans 'reformed' Amon and put an album out a few years ago. I listened to it at the time but can't remember anything about it whatsoever, I can only assume that it was completely mediocre if I've forgotten it altogether.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

God that there are still record shops! Have to visit All Ages Records & Crypt Of The Wizard. As long as its not all vinyl. Mostly bought CDs from gigs, HMV or band's online shop!

Last edited by blacklorre on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:30 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
The Death remasters (two of which arrived in the post today, incidentally) sound great - Human in particular. It's been completely remixed (as they couldn't locate Scott Burns' original mixes) as well as remastered, and sounds a thousand times better as a result. Statters is on crack..

Yeah ok. Let me repeat: LOUDER DOES NOT MEAN BETTER. Do you understand the concept of dynamic range Sol? Human went from a 12 to an 8 on the dynamic range scale when it was remixed and remastered and some versions even dropped down a 6. That means 50% of the dynamic range of the original recording has been lost.

The Sepultura remasters are worse though, especially Beneath The Remains.

MATSUI: Altars is one of the few exceptions, but only if you owned the 1993 cd which didn't have the same dynamic range as the earlier edition.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

I do, yes - you condescending prick - but the fact remains that they do sound fucking better. I've heard both many, many times and you're simply incorrect. It's clearer, the bass and drums come alive on the new version, it's got the punch it - lacked might be stretching it, held back maybe.

Throwing out figures and stats might be your thing, enjoy that, but the listening experience isn't dictated by ticking boxes on a spreadsheet. You don't like it? Fine. Sulk in the corner while the rest of us are actually listening to and enjoying the damn thing.

Fucking hell.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Lizzy performing on Jim'll Fix It in 1982 - "fixing it" for a 70+ year old lady who wrote in wanting to play keyboards with them.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 382  Next