www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Twice The Trauma
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Twice The Trauma 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Twice The Trauma
Necrolee wrote:
There were people there wearing Seabastard and Let It Die shirts so the T forum bands were quite well represented that night.

Good to hear! Haha.

Necrolee wrote:
Then it's Newcastle and Hereford Dowsfest next week (hopefully we'll get to play this time) and then London Unicorn next month which I'm kind of bricking it about.

Unicorn is a great venue. What date are you playing? I'll try to come along. Good walk in trade as well as the people who actually come to see you, so it's normally quite busy. I've always really enjoyed playing there.

I just found this. You guys are ace.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:58 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

We're playing the Unicorn on the 10th of September. Would be cool to meet up again if you can make it. Bummer it's a week night but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:07 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'm off 10th and 11th. I'll try to make it if I can. You'll still get a crowd, week night or not. Good venue, I like it there.

turdy wrote:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I'll be there if I'm in London.

Lee, do you have effects/distortion on your vocals?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Excellent stuff Myr. It would be cool to see you again too.

I don't have any effects on my vocals no. Ian used to have a pitch shifter for the 2 or 3 lines he has but we quickly got bored of that, with it being such a hassle explaining to the sound guy that we needed extra mic leads and it sounded shit anyway.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:47 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I enjoyed the vid Crom posted - well done Lee. You should ban Myr from attending though - give his name and pic to the doorman. Otherwise it will be a long night of eldritch this and ante diluvian that accompanied by claims to never drink interspersed with bouts of massive drinking resulting in vomiting.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

^ Cheers LC and Crom too. That video was taken nearly 18 months ago. I was still a bit unsure about being a vocalist at the point and felt very self conscious. I move about and talk more now

Anyway I came on here to say we have been made last minute additions to the Dirty Weekend in Powys.
I have never heard of it but Ian is really excited. It's a proper festival and everything. We will apparently be playing the main stage at 2pm on Saturday 6th of september.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Great news Lee! I hope it goes very well for you.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

We played the Dirty Weekend in Llanfyllin, north Wales at the weekend. Had a good time too, it's a very DIY festival but really well organised.
It's mainly punk but we went over quite well at 2 in the afternoon. One guy was so pissed he got onstage and tried to sing down one of the free mics then when he realised it was not turned on he tried to grab mine chasing me about the limited space on stage till he gave up, all the while his mate was trying to force feed me a vegan hamburger. He didn't seem to get the fact that it might hamper my attempts to sing. It was quite funny once I realised I wasn't going to get stabbed.

On to London on Wednesday.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

That's brilliant Lee. I enjoy these stories.

turdy wrote:

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:38 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cracking gig in London last night, especially as it was the first time we played there. The Unicorn is a really nice venue, definitely too posh for metal gigs. That wouldn't last up north, all the furniture would get broken and the carpets torn up.
Anyway here is some footage of said gig.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I love it!

You guys have really settled into what you're doing and your voice sounds great. You look a lot more comfortable as a frontman now too. Bedroom grind is one of my favourite extreme metal areas and seeing you doing it live is so cool.

Absolutely awesome.

turdy wrote:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:34 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Agreed on all ^those^ points. Not my cup 'o tea musically but the difference between that video and your earlier ones is telling. Good on you Lee.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cheers guys. The carpenter is coming tomorrow to widen my doorways so I can fit my head through them.;-)

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Did a charity gig in Gateshead last night with the always excellent Plague Rider. Pretty good crowd too. What are the chances though... I saw a guy in the crowd and I thought I recognise him. It took me about half an hour but then I thought oh it's just that he looks like the nutter that chased me round the stage in Wales. He came up to talk to me after we had played, it turns out it was the nutter who chased me round the stage in Wales.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:05 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Did the two of you get it on? Were you consenting?

Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:58 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Power bottom?

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Only 3 shows left in the year.

We play our only 'hometown' show of the year this Thursday supporting The Unholy Concoction for their EP release show at Darlington Forum.

We are due to play the last ever Blastonbury in Liverpool at Maguire's Pizza bar on 20th december and then a new year's eve show in Leeds at the Fenton (our second home it seems like).

Meanwhile, here is a rather good review of our last CD Cancer Of The Decency by UKEM records' Chris Newby. We put the CD out last October so it's only a year late but better late than never.

Crazy North East grind-core duo ‘Twice The Trauma’ return with their second demo ‘Cancer of The Decency’ and what a return it is. The band blasts through fifteen tracks in a little over seventeen minutes, so you instantly know what barrage you’re going to be treated to – short, fast and to the point from the outset! From the moment that opening track ‘Crystal Meth And Special Brew’ blasts open in an insane mix of rabid blast beats, punked up and savage guitars and ultra-guttural vocals the improvement from the first demo is instantly notable. Firstly the production has been fine-tuned and brought together to give things a much more balanced feeling (something which lacked on the band’s debut demo). Secondly the song writing sounds much more mature, which you would probably expect, but it’s a very notable improvement, which stands the duo in good stead for the remainder of the release. As the songs whizz by at lightning speed there’s a hint of Macabre in their music, not so ‘nursery rhyme’ however, but the leanings are definitely there and it makes them really enjoyable to listen to. Although the band utilise a drum machine they have tried to adopt a very organic and human feeling and sounding kit which in the large they have managed to achieve and is once again credit to their vast improvements. A lot of the very short tracks bring out what must be another of the bands influences, namely Napalm Death, think ‘The Kill’ and you’ll know what’s happening! Necro Lee and Ian The Goat (as they name themselves) have produced another great demo that features some extremely well played, well produced grindcore songs that show off a massive sense of humour but that also shows off the bands determination to improve and produce some quality extreme metal. As I mentioned in my review of their first demo, these two nutters are great if you can catch them live, if you're not fortunate enough to see them, then you should definitely think about picking up their demo (if it is still available as its limited to 50 copies). Well done guys, a vast and welcomed improvement that shows much promise for future releases

8 out of 10

http://ukem666.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/t ... f67033e9fe

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:15 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

That's a great review, very cool. I like the crazy grind due description, that made me laugh.

turdy wrote:

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Yes I was quite pleased with it.

Last night's Darlington gig went quite well. I was a bit concerned at first as wee seemed to suffer from 1st band on syndrome as when we got on stage there was no-one in the room other than the sound guy but as soon as we started playing people seemed to flock in from nowhere. As we generally don't go down very well in darlington and it was a special gig celebrating our mates in The Unholy Concoction's new Cd we just thought we'd have a laugh with it and we decorated the stage with as many inflatable cocks as we could get our hands on and just chucked them at each other during the set.
The audience seemed to like us, although I hadn't realised just how many elderly relatives of the other bands were there but I needn't have worried as when I got off stage two old women came up to me and said they thought we were really good and that they enjoyed the show and that I was "more handsome than the other one", ha ha Ian didn't like that.
Good gig and pulling two old women... win.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next