www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Twice The Trauma
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Twice The Trauma 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Twice The Trauma
It's all go at the moment as we started recording some tracks for a split 7" this week. Finishing to vocals next week and it should all be done.

Playing Selby Riverside tomorrow night.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:48 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Necrolee wrote:
Playing Selby Riverside tomorrow night.

My condolences.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

There's a new dance for Pigriders, Lee must have tried it out tonight.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I thought Selby was a nice place and it was quite a good little venue, didn't get to do the dance though as there was quite litterally no-one there to watch us other than the soundman. See Moans thread.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 pm
NoVice
NoVice

Hey there,

Twice The Trauma are in a voting competition for a slot on the Northern Darkness Festival in Newcastle.

Please vote for us by using the link below

http://soundcloud.com/northerndarknessf ... eptic-tank

You need to have a soundcloud account to vote. However you can sign up for free and you don't need to provide any info bar a valid E-mail address and then create a password.
Thanks

Sat May 18, 2013 5:31 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've been back a week now so I suppose i should give a quick write up.
After a sleepless journey down to london on an overnight coach and a lot of standing around at Standstill airport, plus finding out that Ryan Air seem to have been combined with the shopping channel, everything on the Spanish side was really good. They really know how to run a train service. Big comfy trains with lots of leg room, free movies with complimentary headphones. 2 euros for a beer (shove your £5 330ml can of lager up your arse Ryan Air), awesome scenery and all for 10 euros each way for a three hour train ride. I almost didn't want to get off. We arrived at Palencia at about 9pm to be picked up by the festival organisers Marta and Tono. We were quickly whisked to the venue which was on the edge of the city. We had a bit of an early sound check (two days before the gig?) they gave a few beers then took us to a bar that sold traditional spanish food, mussles and patatas bravas and massive 2 litre glasses of beer. It was all delicious. We found it funny that the tradition was to throw your empty mussle shells in a gutter in front of the bar. After much food and beer we were quite sleepy so we were taken to the apartment where we would be sleeping for the next 3 nights, we had it to our selves although we were told we'd have to share it with another band from the friday.
Friday morning we had to ourselves so we went to explore Palencia, which is a very beautiful but small city. We walked from one side to the other in 45 mins. It had an old cathedral with some quite creepy gargoyles and a big statue of Jesus on a hill just over the road from the venue.
At lunch time we met up with D.E.A., the band we were sharing the apartment with. They were from Mexico and looked a bit scary but turned out to be some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. After a late lunch we headed to the venue as we were told we'd be opening for D.E.A. at the pre festival party (as well as playing a set on the day of the festival) while setting up we met Ed from Gout who regaled us with his woes that the rest of his band had their flights cancelled and only their stand in drummer was likely to get to the festival in time.
We also met a crusty dog with dreadlocks that high fived people. After a lot of beer we were finally told to go on stage at 1.30 in the morning. It's fair to say we were pretty knackered and played a lack lustre set. D.E.A. went on after us playing a mix of hardcore with a slight death metal edge to it, we watched about 4 or 5 songs but couldn't keep out eyes open any more and headed for bed.
On the saturday, day of the festival, we were told we needed to be at the venue for 11am. Typically when we got there at 10.45 it was all shut up and the only people there were a couple of hardcore grind fans who had camped out all night for some reason. They had obviously been drinking for some time. They offered us a beer, Ian accepted, I refused, wanting to keep a clear head for today's performance after the previous night's shambles. They couldn't understand why I was refusing free beer so Ian told them I was straight edge, they refered to me as Straight Edge Lee through out the rst of the day despite the fact I had a can of been in my hand for most of it from about 1pm onwards.
As a bit of a DIY festival it was quite relaxed with no set stage times and no limits on set length. It all seemed to kick off about 1pm with a Spanish band called Gorrinerrh who were a two peice dressed up as pigs. They were quite entertaining and had a boucy grind song that souned a bit like the theme from Peter Gunn (also Blues Brothers). We were up next and played a much better set this time, even if I do say so my self. The crowd went suitably mental, there were two guys at the front jumping about in flamenco dresses. A massive beach ball flying about as the crowd punched it around, all was good fun. For some reason someone threw a toilet brush on stage that I picked up and used to wave around to Pigriders... in case you were wondering why I was holding one in the photo thread.
After the set one of the Flamenco dress wearing guys, who was the least spanish looking guy ever with his ginger hair, pale skin and freckles, came up to us and said he enjoyed us and did we have a CD, he then proceeded to lift his dress up pull one of his bollocks out and rip some of the hairs off his scrotum, offering us said hairs. After we politely declined he sniffed the hair and told us the "aroma is of strawberries".
The rest of the day is a bit of a blur, we caught Gout who played a valient show as a two peice with singer Ed having to learn the songs on a borrowed guitar. Merciless Precision played a blinder, band of the festival for my money. They had to do 3 encores before they could leave the stage. Bowel Stew were quite amusing and Bad Dreams Always were mental. Funny how they are massive in Europe and no-one has heard of them over here. Carnivore Diprosopus went down a storm, unfortunately we had to leave before Altar of Sin and the rest of the bands came on as we were flying back home the next day. I can't remember much of the walk back to the apartment but I do remember being woken up at 7.30am when D.E.A. got back and started blasting out Blood For Blood. Mad Mexican bastards. Very friendly mad Mexican bastards. We were sad to leave but also grateful of the chance to get a rest.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Astro Black wrote:
Sounds fucking awesome, Lee.

Brilliant. Exactly what being in a band should be about. Nice one!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

It really was. Just a big group of metal fans with bands and paying punters mingling about all watching the bands together. It's just a pity it went on so late and we were going home the next day so we couldn't watch the last 3 or 4 bands.

Mo Cake Mo Problems wrote:
Are you a rockstar or an artist, Lee?

Ha, there's certainly no art to what we do and I don't feel like a rock star. A fucking mess maybe.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

We have some more gigs lined up for the rest of the year.

13/06/2013 - Kings Manor - Newcastle
21/06/2013 - The Merry Monk - Bishop Auckland
4/7/2013 - Turk's Head - Darlington
4/08/2013 - Henry's Cellar Bar - Edinburgh
30/08/2013 - Dowsfest - Dennis Cider farm Abbeydore Herefordshire
17/12/2013 - The Forum -Darlington
More gigs to be confirmed.

We have also completed work on our next release, 14 songs, a mixture of brand new stuff and some re-recorded stuff off the 1st demo. This will be released soon.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:26 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

This Bishop Auckland gig has been postponed due to bands pulling out. I'm sure you're all gutted.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:05 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

We have been added to the bill for the Death N Grind Weekender at the Fenton in Leeds on August 3rd. We will be playing with Merciless Precision, Meatpacker and Fucking Worthless amongst others.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm
NoVice
NoVice

Hey all,

Twice The Trauma are touring in October, we still have 3 dates to fill, 27th, 28th and 29th of October. We are touring with our mates from Leeds, Tintagel (brutal death metal). Any one interested in putting us on?

We so far have dates in Leeds, Leicester and Bristol.

E-mail me at spooncore@yahoo.co.uk if your interested.
Cheers
Grindy Jim

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Oh looky here:

Attachments:
1185352_10151784955989666_1356427138_n.jpg
1185352_10151784955989666_1356427138_n.jpg [ 113.16 KiB | Viewed 2940 times ]

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49 am
NoVice
NoVice

We chuffed to bits to announce our next lot of live dates, including our a run of dates in October with our very brutal, slamming mates from Leeds, Tintagel!!!!!!

31/08/2013 - Dowsfest - Dennis Cider farm Abbeydore Herefordshire
05/10/2013 - Newcastle (more details to come
**UK Tour with Tintagel***
26/10/2013- Leeds - Fenton
27/10/2013 - Bradford -Black Swan
28/10/2013 - Gateshead - Black bull
29/10/2013 - The Boulevard - Wigan
30/10/2013 - Leicester - The Shed
31/10/2013 - Bristol - The Gryphon
05/11/2013 - Gateshead - Blackbull
17/12/2013 - Darlington- Forum (Xmas metal gig)

We have also had a limited run of 50 copies of our new E.P printed up. The E.P is entitled "Cancer Of The Decency" and has 15 tracks, including our legendary cover of the Spice Girls "Classic", spice up your life. The E.P is with the printers as we speak and should be with me next week. You can order a copy by paypaling £3 including P&P to spooncore@yahoo.co.uk.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

We have a flyer for the upcoming tour in October. We are playing:

Confirmed gigs and tour flyer!!!! not long until we drink our way down the country with Tintagel
05/10/2013 - Newcastle- Head of Steam - Blastonbury festival
**UK Tour with Tintagel***
26/10/2013- Leeds - Fenton
27/10/2013 - Bradford -Black Swan
28/10/2013 - Gateshead - Black bull
29/10/2013 - The Boulevard Wigan
30/10/2013 - Leicester - The Shed
31/10/2013 - Bristol - The Gryphon
05/11/2013 - Gateshead - Blackbull
17/12/2013 - Darlington- Forum (Xmas metal gig)
3/4/5/5/2014 -Skegness - Punk for the homeless Festival

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

White cider armageddon is a brilliant name!

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Hehe, I guess I'll be at the Darlo gig!

Enos wrote:
chowing down on a beefy log

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Enos wrote:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

OTD means £4 "on t'door", right?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Aye like!

Enos wrote:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next