www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The King Is Blind
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The King Is Blind 
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Post Re: The King Is Blind
The King Is Blind is TERRORIZER BAND OF THE DAY

FEATURE, INTERVIEW plus TERRORIZER STREAMING OUR NEW EP IN FULL EXCLUSIVELY

http://Terrorize.it/sUw

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Listening now, it sounds amazing. You've come on in leaps and bounds, even since the demo/promo. As a whole, it sounds more cohesive, like you've got your own sound nailed, if that makes sense. Nice one.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Thanks Sol, appreciate that and what you say makes total sense too. I'd agree 100%. Becoming comfortable in our own skin and sound, definitely.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:58 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

CDs have arrived!

Available from 25th August on mail order if you pre-order from Mordgrimm

http://mordgrimm.bigcartel.com/product/the-king-is-blind-the-deficiencies-of-man-cdep

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Iron Steev wrote:
CDs have arrived!

http://mordgrimm.bigcartel.com/product/the-king-is-blind-the-deficiencies-of-man-cdep

Erm-any chance of one of these bad boys being on sale at the Arts Centre tonight mate?

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

They will indeed be available for purchase this very evening, my good man!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good stuff-see you tonight then mate!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Cool - be good to catch up rather than for 5 mins down the bread aisle at the garage!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

CDs look cool Steev, you must be chuffed.

Have fun at Bloodstock too. Say hi to Monty if you see him there, he's a nice chap.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Done a little review of last night's shindig on the "last gig attended" page.Good to catch up Steeve-and a good time was had by all.I'll give the c.d a spin and let you know.Safe journey to Bloodstock mate and hope you have a good time and you and the band have a good gig.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Reviews starting to come in...

http://echoesanddust.com/2014/08/the-king-is-blind-the-deficiencies-of-man/

or some people The King Is Blind might come from out of nowhere, for others this band is a familiar player on the metal scene already. The band, especially bassist/singer Steve Tovey, actively interacts with people through the fantastic medium of Twitter, and it was Steve who asked me a few months back to check out The King Is Blind’s first release Bleeding the Ascension. This release impressed me in such a way that I was instantly following the band’s path and their new release The Deficiencies of Man was a highly anticipated release for me personally.

The band is relatively young; they came together in 2013 and only released Bleeding the Ascension in March of this year. But the band’s career has taken off like a rocket, with their recent well-received performance on Bloodstock Open Air as the current career highlight. There is plenty of experience in The King Is Blind though, with the members previously making a rattle in bands such as Cradle of Filth, Entwined and Extreme Noise Terror.

So, what about this new release The Deficiencies of Man then? Well, the four tracks on this EP are some of the most exciting tracks in death metal I’ve heard in a while. Opener ‘A Thousand Burning Temples’ starts extremely promising with a salvo of furious blast beats combined with some heavy guitar shredding. Steve Tovey’s vocals are good as well; they accompany the music perfectly, with his growling grunt sounding clearly and actually being quite similar to Karl Willetts's growls on the older Bolt Thrower releases. Talking about the mighty Bolt Thrower, The King Is Blind reminds me a lot of this legendary band, with a similar sounding death metal groove combined with those vocals.

What The King Is Blind do very well though is to bring in lots of variation in their attractive style of death metal. It’s not just all blast beats, double bass drumming and heavy shredding. They incorporate plenty of thrash, groove and heavy metal elements. Listen for example to the fine change from old school death metal to the more thrashy rhythms at around the 2 minutes mark in the opening track ‘A Thousand Burning Temples’, followed by an effortlessly flow into a downbeat metal groove, to then hit you straight back in the face again with those tight blast beats similar to the opening seconds of the track.

The King Is Blind, I salute you. Death metal is by some considered to be a dying genre and by adding various elements to the mix, The Deficiencies of Man is one of the more interesting death metal releases of this year. With Bleeding the Ascension they were knocking gently on the flaming gates of the death metal Kingdom, they now pulverize these gates with The Deficiencies of Man, entering the Kingdom triumphantly. I’m sure this is not the last you’ll hear of The King Is Blind as I predict a successful future for these guys!

http://metalasfuck.net/zine/reviews/2014/king-blind-deficiencies-man-mordgrimm

A tasty little nugget of filth, this. The King is Blind have belched forth from England’s East Anglian wastelands to provide a steaming, aggressive bastard of an EP that draws together everything that’s good about extreme metal and then drops it in front of you on the living room carpet, grinning stupidly like a naughty cat waiting for your approval of the riches it’s spread before your wary, naked feet.

Ferocious opener A Thousand Burning Temples sounds like Bolt Thrower and Carcass having a pow wow, the outcome of which can only result in recklessly good sounds flying from your speakers. Of Osiris and Execration is slower, doomier but no less heavy than its predecessor, First galloping then lurching through a series of devastating riffs with little regard for the consequences to innocent bystanders, the ghostly monks chanting at the end serve only to counterpoint the screaming, dirty heaviness of everything else that’s happening in the track, the abrupt stop to which leaves their ethereal intonations hanging in the air with feedback accompaniment. It’s jarring, it’s galling, it’s anything but easy listening, its brilliant.

Thorns That Pierce the Skull mixes the doom, black and death still further, at times echoing the nihilistic power of Iron Monkey, at others the groove laden destructoblast of early Celtic Frost. Whichever setting they’re on, the result is never less than devestating, with the only small sliver of salvation coming from former Cradle of Filth man Paul Ryan’s melodic song finishing solo.

Last track (yes, this is sadly only a little EP) Revelation, Apocalypse is more of the same, only faster, and reverts to that classic old English mix of doom and death that we’ve done so well over the last twenty years.

Too short, for sure, but if this don’t whet your whistle for something longer from The King is Blind then you probably shouldn’t be reading this review. Fantastic from start to finish.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Iron Steev wrote:
"The King Is Blind unleash the monolithic power of 'A Thousand Burning Temples', lead off track from their 'The Deficiencies of Man' EP, out through Mordgrimm in August 2014. An epic video produced and created by the ingenius mind of Sam Scott-Hunter (Motorhead, Bring Me The Horizon) accompanies the volcanic storm of this powerful song."

BRAND NEW SONG. BRAND NEW LYRIC VIDEO.

An incredible vid, couldn't be more stoked with how this has turned out.

First track from 'The Deficiencies Of Man' EP (Mordgrimm).

Genuinely hope you'll check it out and enjoy!

Just listened/watched this Steev - I really liked it! That's genuine, if I hadn't I wouldn't have bothered posting so no worrying please that my comments are hollow. (since Crom and bas brought it up) I'm going to order.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Iron Steev wrote:
CDs have arrived!

Ordered. Really looking forward to it.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Ditto. Did you listen to it while it was streaming?

Edit: It's still streaming, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:19 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I didn't have a chance yet no.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Is there/will there be a DL?

I am "post hard physical format", n' shizzle.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

There isn't, just a stream. Steve sent me the files though, so if you ask nicely he MIGHT do the same for you.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:10 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

I did PayPal him for them afterwards, obvs.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:10 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

And I did genuinely appreciate it (and in a way that's a lot more genuine than that sounds).

Ps. Not used to this getting good reviews malarky, but long may it continue!

http://www.cackblabbath.com/2014/08/21/the-king-is-blind-the-deficiencies-of-man/

Last edited by Iron Steev on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next