www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 388  Next
 Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Random music thread
Thanks for that. TRC.

Sat May 01, 2010 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

robitusson wrote:

5 fists.

10 tentacles.

Sun May 02, 2010 3:35 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Is JOEY BELLADONNA In Talks To Rejoin ANTHRAX In Time For 'Big Four' Dates?

Former ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna was seen this past Wednesday (April 28) with ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello at the FOZZY concert at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City, prompting speculation that he is in talks to rejoin the band in time for the group's upcoming "Big Four" shows in Europe with METALLICA, MEGADETH and SLAYER. Belladonna also got up on stage and performed a cover version of the RUSH classic "Tom Sawyer" with the Brooklyn, New York-based trio ZO2, which provided support at the FOZZY gig.

Video footage of Belladonna's performance with ZO2 can be viewed below (courtesy of Robert Bolger).

ANTHRAX was supposed to release its new album, tentatively titled "Worship Music", last October. However, the set has been delayed indefinitely following the departure of singer Dan Nelson in July 2009 and the return of John Bush, who fronted the band between 1992 and 2005.

In a recent interview with Australia's PyroMusic.net, John Bush stated about the status of ANTHRAX's new album, "Well, obviously, [the other members of ANTHRAX] have a finished record that they're sitting on [featuring the vocals of Dan Nelson], and... and... I'm not sure what's gonna happen yet. At one point they wanted me to re-record it all, and I wasn't really up to that task. And then the game changed a little bit and we came up with the idea of an EP in conjunction with these shows in the summer. But there's been some business issues with that. So, I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen yet. Obviously the guys in the band would like to have something out to correlate with these "Big Four" shows [featuring METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX] and I totally understand that. It's just a matter of making something feel right. Because obviously there's been so much involved in making this one record... Dan Nelson singing on it, then Dan Nelson not being in the band, but his vocals being on it, and then me to go re-record everything and I didn't really have a hand in creating anything... I don't feel really comfortable just going in and re-recording everything as is. I want to make it my baby a little bit. And they're trying to do something with that... contrary to ARMORED SAINT, they would like to have something out by June for these shows. So I don't know. Worst-case scenario is that ANTHRAX will play the shows anyway, record or not. They were asked to participate and that was based on the band's history more than anything, so we'll see."

Belladonna was the lead singer of ANTHRAX from 1984 to 1992, and was considered part of the band's classic lineup (alongside Dan Spitz, Scott Ian, Frank Bello and Charlie Benante), which reunited and toured during 2005 and 2006. His voice was featured on over 10 albums, which reportedly sold eight million copies worldwide.

After splitting with ANTHRAX, Joey continued to make music with a solo project called BELLADONNA, which released its first self-titled debut in the mid-'90s. A follow-up effort, "Spells of Fear", came out in 1998 and it was heavily criticized for bad production and sloppy musicianship. The third album, or rather the demo recordings for what was supposed to be the third BELLADONNA album that was never recorded in a real studio, was self-released by Belladonna in 2003. It was a return to better songwriting and musicianship and it was well received by the fans.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=139492

Mon May 03, 2010 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Anthrax need to stop being cunts and stop taking Belladonna back for money. He was shit at Download 2005.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Anthrax need to stop

Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The real question here is, why would anyone go to a Fozzy concert?

But yes, Anthrax need to stop fucking about. Talk about pissing on your legacy/singer/fans. Is Spitz going to be involved in the circus this time? And is he still playing that horrible PRS guitar?

Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

wretched_metal wrote:

But yes, Anthrax need to stop fucking about. Talk about pissing on your legacy/singer/fans. Is Spitz going to be involved in the circus this time? And is he still playing that horrible PRS guitar?

Because Fozzy are actually really good live and have some stonking songs on record.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:11 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Myrddyn wrote:
Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Anthrax need to stop

Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Masters of Metal!

Tue May 04, 2010 12:12 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

xRedx wrote:
wretched_metal wrote:

Because Fozzy are actually really good live and have some stonking songs on record.

I've not seen them live, but someone gave me the All That Remains album (supposedly as a bonus for spending a lot of money in his music store) and I thought it was one of the most terrible albums I'd ever heard.

Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

KATAKLYSM Frontman Launches Pizzeria In Chicago - May 3, 2010
In addition to having just been announced as one of the second-stage acts on Ozzfest 2010, KATAKLYSM frontman Maurizio Iacono has been keeping busy with another business venture: opening a pizzeria.

Commented Iacono: "Growing up in an Italian family, you always know someone that owns a pizza joint. My father was a head chef in New York, so I kind of grew up with it as well. I chose the path of music, but somehow the restaurant business has come to find me.

"I've decided to open a pizzeria with a very good friend of mine, Saverio Donancricchia. His family has been in the pizza business for over 20 years in Chicago with Albano's Pizzeria in Cicero. They've ranked as a Top 10 Chowdown Joints on 'Top 101 Places in America' by The Travel Channel, so needless to say, opening the #2 location has been keeping us very busy!!!

"We like to welcome all metalheads to come by Albano's Pizzeria #2 and try our world famous giant pizza puffs! Bring in your Chicago-area concert ticket for any national tour and receive a discount on your order."

KATAKLYSM recently completed the songwriting process for its new album, "Heaven's Venom", for a tentative fall release via Nuclear Blast Records. Tentative songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Soul Made of Shrapnel", "Blind Savior", "Hail the Renegade" and "Push the Venom".

The follow-up to 2008's "Prevail", "Heaven's Venom" will once again be recorded by guitarist Jean-Francois Dagenais (MALEVOLENT CREATION, MISERY INDEX) while Tue Madsen (THE HAUNTED, SUICIDE SILENCE, WINDS OF PLAGUE, DARK TRANQUILLITY) will handle mixing duties.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=139531

Tue May 04, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Lawnmower Deth.
Download Warm-Up Gig has been announced for 5th June 2010 at Crabtrees, Harrogate.

Tue May 04, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I'd go to that pizza place.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Beermoth wrote:
Lawnmower Deth.
Download Warm-Up Gig has been announced for 5th June 2010 at Crabtrees, Harrogate.

I'd love to go to this.

In fact, I just may.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

The new VISION BLEAK cd is thumping. Really, really good.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Wed May 05, 2010 2:14 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Evil Is Of Old Date.

Wed May 05, 2010 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Fuck Off Nowadays Post-Music

is there a post-band that doesn't consider itself the most important art project ever conceived? A Storm Of Light is another example of this tendency - the music and all is good, but it's the pretentious atmosphere and fucking around that kills it for me.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:05 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

S:D wrote:

Yo

Wed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Modern post wotsit...true.
Hello again Primus.
(note to self... testing the new laptop's sound quality by using Burzum was a silly idea)

Thu May 06, 2010 1:20 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

S:D wrote:

is there a post-band that doesn't consider itself the most important art project ever conceived? A Storm Of Light is another example of this tendency - the music and all is good, but it's the pretentious atmosphere and fucking around that kills it for me.

I love that shit, but then, I am a drama graduate.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 388  Next