www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Dream Recorder Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Dream Recorder Thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Dream Recorder Thread
Hmmm. My head is never that active.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Weirdly enough I had a dream involving members of the forum. It must have been a forum meet or something. But we all did a party piece, most of which I don't remember. I did Hello There by Cheap Trick, Spiny had his own Yes covers band and H told us she had always wanted to be a dancer (she was really good but really self critical) and someone else did Patsy Cline dressed in a red frock. I spend too much time on here.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

There wasn't a miserable fat bloke sat in a corner refusing to take part then.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Beermoth wrote:
There wasn't a miserable fat bloke sat in a corner refusing to take part then.

Nobody was miserable Mothman, we were all having the time of our lives. I'm sure the other performances would have inspired and delighted you.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I suppose in a dream. I am as I get older, turning into my Dad.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Beermoth wrote:
I suppose in a dream. I am as I get older, turning into my Dad.

But you could have done a Wurzels duet with Chantler. You guys could be the pioneers of Wurzels influenced blackened doom.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Cathedral already do that sort of thing.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't dream, as a rule. When I do, they tend to have a strong narrative arc, and feature people I know in real life. I usually write them down anyway.

My last dream was on the night of Sunday 17th/Monday 18th October, and it concerned a tribe of large, sentient furry penguins who lived in the alleys around Congleton library - because they die when exposed to direct sunlight - and wanted myself and a good friend and fellow DJ to come and look at a problem they were having with their mixer.

He had the mixer off its mounting and was looking at the bottom of it, but I'd been buttonholed by a bunch of male tribespenguins who were asking me technical questions about fencing. Our friendly wee female guide came scampering over to "rescue" me when she ran through a stray beam of sunlight and was promptly horribly injured. I was kneeling over her, cursing my ignorance of penguin anatomy and trying to work out whether she'd live when I woke up. Her parents weren't impressed.

What dreams I have are never usually quite that abstract. I've wondered if the new medication has had anything to do with it.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
I don't dream, as a rule. When I do, they tend to have a strong narrative arc, and feature people I know in real life. I usually write them down anyway.

My last dream was on the night of Sunday 17th/Monday 18th October, and it concerned a tribe of large, sentient furry penguins who lived in the alleys around Congleton library - because they die when exposed to direct sunlight - and wanted myself and a good friend and fellow DJ to come and look at a problem they were having with their mixer.

He had the mixer off its mounting and was looking at the bottom of it, but I'd been buttonholed by a bunch of male tribespenguins who were asking me technical questions about fencing. Our friendly wee female guide came scampering over to "rescue" me when she ran through a stray beam of sunlight and was promptly horribly injured. I was kneeling over her, cursing my ignorance of penguin anatomy and trying to work out whether she'd live when I woke up. Her parents weren't impressed.

What dreams I have are never usually quite that abstract. I've wondered if the new medication has had anything to do with it.

what a marvelous dream! sentient furry penguins who needed your dj skills and then a penguin female in need of rescue

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Last night I dreamed that I was helping Martin Walkyier unload a seven and a half ton van outside Congleton Youth Centre. While I was passing stuff down to him out of the back doors, we were talking about a support slot I'd secured at The Old Angel that coming Friday. What I didn't dare tell him, however, was that although I'd somehow managed to persuade three other people to form a band with me, I hadn't actually written anything more than the song-and-a-half I came up with after I lost my job back in 2007, leaving me with less than five days to come up with enough material to fill the rest of the forty-five minute set.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:06 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Last night I dreamed that I was a party which was a murder mystery type thing in which we all had to try and solve the crime in the manner of a famous TV detective without letting anyone else know who our detective was. For some reason I got Alan Partridge, who, and this didn't occur to me until I woke up, isn't even a detective. I tried to share theories with a couple of people I know who sheepishly told me they were Dalziel and Pascoe. I then met Sting in a local branch of Wagamama and took great joy in saying "The Police! Or as they're now known, Sting!", and he smiled in a "heard it a million times before" sort of way before telling me who the killer was (I can't remember who it was). I think that's when I woke up.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:41 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Steve wrote:
Last night I dreamed that I was a party which was a murder mystery type thing in which we all had to try and solve the crime in the manner of a famous TV detective without letting anyone else know who our detective was. For some reason I got Alan Partridge, who, and this didn't occur to me until I woke up, isn't even a detective. I tried to share theories with a couple of people I know who sheepishly told me they were Dalziel and Pascoe. I then met Sting in a local branch of Wagamama and took great joy in saying "The Police! Or as they're now known, Sting!", and he smiled in a "heard it a million times before" sort of way before telling me who the killer was (I can't remember who it was). I think that's when I woke up.

Brilliant.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've had a lot of dreams lately where involving my missus in which she's being horrible to me, whether it be ignoring me or arguing with me. Really strange.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

oh great, a thread about dreams. hey, why not tell me a story that you only half remember and didnt even consiously make up! that sounds really great. really. maybe if I was in it and we were fucking or something then it might hold some interest, but we werent. so it doesnt.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

SIAMESE_JESUS wrote:
oh great, a thread about dreams. hey, why not tell me a story that you only half remember and didnt even consiously make up! that sounds really great. really. maybe if I was in it and we were fucking or something then it might hold some interest, but we werent. so it doesnt.

I had one where I was bumming you...it's not gay to give bitch!

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I climbed on the back of a giant anchovy and flew off through a gap in the clouds. To a land where music was playing incredibly loudly and everybody was really happy and having a really good time except me.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

and all that i knew
was a hole in my shoe
that was letting in water

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Neil's hole in my shoe is the best 7" single I ever bought.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I have just awoken from a dream in which myself and female friend were sitting at opposite ends of my deceased grandmother's dining table with my box of original toy Zoids from the eighties and nineties between us, taking turns to wind them up and send them back and forth along the tabletop to each other.

Meanwhile, down the hall in a darkened and abandoned flat somewhere on Mansfield Road (must have been a looong hallway - over seventy miles), an anonymous group of militant G1 Transformers resistance fighters were sitting on the floor having a meeting, comparing original G1 Jetfire toys and discussing how to discredit Michael Bay.

Outside, an enormous fairground ride had been set up on the junction of Mansfield Road and Shakespeare Street - except it was malfunctioning, acting as a giant trebuchet and firing its helpless passengers hundreds of feet in the air to fall, thrashing and screaming, to their deaths somewhere on the other side of the Victoria Centre.

Finally, on the way down the hill to get a closer look at said fairground ride, I passed a lass I had a thing for at University - now dressed in a dark and well-tailored trouser suit, and wearing her hair in rather fetching dreadlocks - at a crossing. She looked at me with what could only be described as a disappointed and faintly repulsed expression, before hurrying away without saying a word.

I need a cup of tea.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

You had me at zoids.

I had a dream about being Waylon Jennings last night. Something about having a Bloody nose in the snow also.

Last edited by The Wretch on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next